Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty alone is not enough - page 9. (Read 10879 times)

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516
July 04, 2019, 04:53:21 PM
IMO bounty or airdrop is a good form of marketing and its quite extraordinary, as for other things its needed indeed to hold meetings and also marketing in other media but that also does't enough to make investors believe more. Success in a development requires a competent team in a product not only that other factors must also be considered, think attracting investors is not an easy.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 269
July 04, 2019, 04:52:14 PM
They are not limited to bounty promoters, some project developers are also promoting their ICOs in cryptocurrency sites by making announcements and other cryptocurrency platforms. There are articles that are being published and videos made about the project in youtube and besides, most investors can also be found in cryptocurrency sites like bitcointalk and other related sites. The fact that they fail in reaching softcap and hardcap does not really mean they lack promotions, some of the investors do not just trust ICOs anymore.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 68
July 04, 2019, 04:41:40 PM
I think it's high time projects know that they cannot rely solely on bounty and airdrop as a means of promotion. A lot of projects launch and they rely on their bounty campaigns and airdrop to help bring in investors and therefore fail to reach their softcap.

I never said bounties are not effective but it should only be used to create and reward their community not to bring in investors. If a project wants to promote it crowdsale then the team should deploy real promotional means like paying top influencers, attending conferences, advertisements on top sites like coinmarketcap, etc. Because no matter how good the project is, if it can't market properly then it won't reach its goals and if a project is mediocre but have a top notch marketing program, it will succeed beyond expectations.

Yes you are very right
Bounty alone is not enough for projects; they need to find a reliable exchange platform to launch their ieos and develop quick

Likewise, bounty is not enough for a bounty hunter
Bounty hunters need to learn to save up a ton of $ and practice trading
Activity: 1016
Merit: 391
July 04, 2019, 04:40:09 PM
No doubt, but encouraging supporters is a very interesting marketing. Maybe this type of campaign is getting saturated and developers should come up with new ideas or do this type of campaign differently. Another interesting aspect that we must not forget is the style and type of project.

We should reflect on this.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
July 04, 2019, 04:35:46 PM
I don't think many projects rely solely on bounty it get all the promotion and advertising the project needs. Few projects rely does that and as a project manager, relying solely on bounty to call in investors is a poor marketing skill, you really need to organize conferences and seminars, advertise on top exchanges and marketing sites but relying on bounties alone is a failure in advance for the project if it does not have a strong financial backing.
Activity: 265
Merit: 102
July 04, 2019, 04:26:24 PM
If your team will launch new bounty campaign here then better to try all ways of promotion like example in OP's post that in Coinmarket because many users,traders and investors really always updated in this but it depends in your new alts/tokens like this will really grow if this have potential like with future,Moreover use this bitcointalk forum,many different faucets,airdrops and social site to promote your project
Activity: 616
Merit: 1
July 04, 2019, 04:32:27 PM
I agree with you, majority of the private investors don't lurk around Bitcointalk, twitter, Facebook and co looking for ICOs to invest in. Getting the best result goes beyond bounty.
Activity: 882
Merit: 100
July 04, 2019, 04:14:16 PM
I think that bounty company created to the organizers were able to raise money for more effective advertising. But alas, most often money is spent irrationally and we see a weak weak coin that can not survive in the market.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
July 04, 2019, 03:58:09 PM
The world has a large number of ways to advertise themselves and bounty companies are one of the ways.  I think it is self-sufficient and it is well worth taking this way of advertising and for the user. This is a great way to earn money.
Activity: 896
Merit: 103
July 04, 2019, 03:56:16 PM
now everything is not enough in crypto world, need to wait for growing TOP currencies and I guess bounty will be more profitable
Activity: 515
Merit: 12
July 04, 2019, 03:53:48 PM
I think it's high time projects know that they cannot rely solely on bounty and airdrop as a means of promotion. A lot of projects launch and they rely on their bounty campaigns and airdrop to help bring in investors and therefore fail to reach their softcap.

I never said bounties are not effective but it should only be used to create and reward their community not to bring in investors. If a project wants to promote it crowdsale then the team should deploy real promotional means like paying top influencers, attending conferences, advertisements on top sites like coinmarketcap, etc. Because no matter how good the project is, if it can't market properly then it won't reach its goals and if a project is mediocre but have a top notch marketing program, it will succeed beyond expectations.
Very good point of view, but in the same time we talk about people with no money and many dreams, the only money available for them is after Crowdsale, so your theory is ok about 80%.
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 574
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
July 04, 2019, 03:41:45 PM

They use those bounty rewards to spread the coins among people so they also start using it. It is actually a very effective way to promote their project. First of all they are getting their promotions done through the bounty hunters and secondly, they can easily pay their bounty hunters using their own tokens which also helps the usage of the project.
Not sure what you mean by they are "used to bring in investors"? Do you mean that bounty hunters are "the" investors or they are helping to bring in investors. I don't see anything bad in both cases.
Activity: 1008
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
July 04, 2019, 02:23:44 PM
I agree with you somewhat but actually there are many factors that lead to failure to reach soft cap, most important factors include non-attractive project, low quality website, low or no practical use cases, hidden team members and copy paste whitepapers etc. Secondly bounty campaigns are not only to attract investors they are intended to send the message across and also building up a community of supporters of the project.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
July 04, 2019, 02:21:25 PM
For sure it is not enough, a good team should also work with big influencers and have a good marketing plan to not let the token price go down. Moreover, a trading competition on a regular basis is also a must already.
Activity: 1270
Merit: 254
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
July 04, 2019, 02:19:24 PM
I am sure the projects know this without our advice, but I have met very few projects for which only one advertising way is a bounty campaign.
Activity: 448
July 04, 2019, 01:39:17 PM
Basically, Bounty companies assume the distribution of not only information but also the creation of high-quality content that will advertise a new project.  Of course, we can talk about the company's limited signatures on the bitcointalk forum, but the Bounty company provides not only this direction, but practically all existing social networks where potential investors can be found for a particular project.but the team still has to work on promoting its project, going through all sorts of conferences and meetings with potential investors, and not sit in the office and wait for the Bounty companies to do something, but in the end the Bounty hunters won't even pay for their work.
Activity: 798
Merit: 255
July 04, 2019, 01:26:52 PM

There were many projects already who were hype and pays real promotional means like what you said but only end up being scam and some got failed. Bounties are very cheap compared to the promotion that the project can get from it. Also, I don`t believe promotion is the only reason why the project fails.
Activity: 1004
Merit: 111
July 04, 2019, 01:17:33 PM

YES, bounty and airdrop is a good thing to do for advertisement and make the project popular but yes that is not enough.
Conferences are still one of the best to gather real people to be an investors on the project.
IEO is the best to have now as they will be on a good exchange and that is a good advertisement than posting on top websites.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
July 04, 2019, 01:12:12 PM
Most often projects run bounty company due to the fact that they do not have enough money and they need help. What about famous individuals can be a speech?
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
July 04, 2019, 12:59:58 PM

Absolutely but not all the projects have enough funds to promote their project eerywhere,they might create pre sale before the public sale but eerything needs investment to promote or just like you said the bounty will be the preferred choice.
Pages:
Jump to: