Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty Campaigns deceiving hunters by changing rules? Read this! - page 3. (Read 649 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 595
But campaign manager have the rights to change the campaign rules at any time and also they state that on their bounty threads so you won't get kuch support from the DT members when you didn't ready to accept the rule.

for me, it's no problem if the last day of the bounty they make the participant complete KYC but we should complain if they changed the total rewards on the last day.
because it's happened to me at the start they said that the total rewards will be around 5~6 M USD but in the end they just changed the rewards to 1M USD
Activity: 854
Merit: 250
But campaign manager have the rights to change the campaign rules at any time and also they state that on their bounty threads so you won't get kuch support from the DT members when you didn't ready to accept the rule.

But in my opinion it is unfair for us, the bounty manager makes it difficult for us to receive tokens at the end of the campaign so that the rules are changed always at the end of the campaign.
Activity: 546
Merit: 32
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!
I am not a lawyer but I think changing rules at the end of the campaign like suddenly requiring KYC before you can get your reward is an example of contract violations.
I know a campaign that using the same method, my friend joined the campaign last year as a signature campaign member. And maybe you've heard about it, it called Adab.
They seem suspicious to me, you can do your research on this if you want to. Like you said, they changed the rules at the end of the campaign.
Activity: 882
Merit: 301
In case you are not aware yet, there is a trust flag system in this forum that you (bounty hunters) can use against these bounty campaigns for violations of contract. Check the quoted text below for reference.

Use-cases 2 and 3 will be handled by a new system of flags. You can create a flag using a link on a person's trust page.

A newbie-warning flag is active if there are more people supporting such a flag than opposing it. It shows a banner on topics started by the flagged user for guests and for users with less than 7 days of login time. For all users, a "#" is shown next to their trust scores.

For contractual violations only, a scammer flag can be created. This is the only thing which causes the "Warning: trade with extreme caution" warning to return. It also triggers a banner similar to the newbie-warning banner which is visible to all users. A scammer flag requires 3 more supporting users than opposing users to become active.

A new scammer flag should be created for each separate alleged incident. In the spirit of forgiveness/redemption, scammer flags expire 3 years after the incident if the contract was casual/implied, and 10 years after the incident if the contract was written. These expiration times might be administratively changed in specific cases.

Creating or supporting a scammer flag is actively affirming a set of pretty clear fact-statements. If someone knowingly supports a flag containing incorrect fact-statements, then that is crystal-clear abuse, and I will seek to have such people removed from DT ASAP. People who are habitually wrong, even not knowingly, should also be removed.

Only users in your trust network count as supporting or opposing flags. For guests, the default trust network is used.

I am not a lawyer but I think changing rules at the end of the campaign like suddenly requiring KYC before you can get your reward is an example of contract violations.

If you want to know how it looks like, check this flag created for TerraGreen

If in the future you see campaigns violating contracts, you can use the example above. Please be sure to provide the proper evidence.
Pages:
Jump to: