Pages:
Author

Topic: [BOUNTY] Electrum Firefox Extension - page 3. (Read 6969 times)

legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
May 12, 2012, 08:40:19 AM
bumping this. 25 btc have been pledged so far.
donator
Activity: 674
Merit: 522
May 11, 2012, 05:49:58 AM
I pledge 5btc.
legendary
Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016
Live and Let Live
May 11, 2012, 12:40:17 AM
I applaud this effort, so much so I am willing to make add a 10 BTC bounty for a Google Chrome 'app' in the same style as the Firefox one.

Edit: To claim this bounty, the FF one must be first claimed to ThomasV's satisfaction.
legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
May 10, 2012, 02:10:33 PM
I want a Firefox extension that implements an Electrum client in javascript, and that users can install in one click.
I have no experience writing Firefox extensions, so I guess it is better to find someone else who can do that.

Here is what needs to be done in order to claim the bounty:
 - the client should be able to generate addresses, send and receive coins, show the transaction history.
 - the client should use the Electrum deterministic address generation and mnemonics. It must be able to read/write the wallet on disk, using the same file format.
 - the client should synchronize its wallet with the server (eg using a timer)
 - javascript. The code should be entirely included in the extension. No code should be downloaded by the extension.
 - the extension should detect bitcoin: URIs

Note that a big part of the work has already been done by Joric (see http://brainwallet.org/) : his brainwallet code can generate Electrum addresses and sign transactions. What needs to be done is the jsonrpc communication with Electrum servers, packaging the whole thing as a Firefox extension.

I am pledging 10 BTC for this task.
If you want to increase the bounty, please send your pledges to:  bitcoin:1NiiYDMxHgfUH2nFcu5A6z6rix8Yc4cgVs

If the bounty has not been claimed within 3 months (august 11th), plegdes will be returned to their originators (the first input address of the transaction).

Update (august 16, 2012): the bounty campaign was not successful. Pledge returned.
Pages:
Jump to: