Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty for translations of the Bitcoin article in Wikipedia [upto 23 BTC] - page 4. (Read 18111 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Luckas Bot and other bot seems to be messed up my translation Sad

[Edit]
- Added more proper grammar + more readable & understandable text
- Currently still on peer review which done by 3 stupid automatic bot + 1 real human
Activity: 294
Merit: 273
Donated 25 BTC Smiley
Thanks da2ce7--I've donated the rest of my promised matching.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)
Should i try campaining(sp?) to have people review and approve my translation?
Activity: 9
Article translated to Swedish by me (http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin). Same username there as here, Zulu. Potential reward can be sent to: 1Ko9yVjydbqnMFFex1CYAP2krS76e7GNs5

Personally I found the English article to be quite lacking. I'm not sure you get a good understanding of how exactly Bitcoin actually work from reading it. It also contains a lot of repetitions. I also think the article needs to push the economic aspects a bit more and be a bit more self-critical. Right now it's mostly about the tech, which is, to most people, rather uninteresting.
cw
Activity: 41
Indonesian translation 99% finished, more explanation here : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/announceindonesian-wikipedia-translation-finished-4799, translating quite bit technical article to asian languages is quite hard so would be glad if someone donate other than those bounty reward.

Maybe there are other indonesian-speakers who want to donate an extra amount...?

Nobody is reviewing anything, I think these articles are really important to spread the word about Bitcoin.

I'm sorry. I'm currently travelling abroad. I'll review everything as soon as possible.
legendary
Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016
Live and Let Live
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
Nobody is reviewing anything, I think these articles are really important to spread the word about Bitcoin.
Activity: 37
Indonesian translation 99% finished, more explanation here : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/announceindonesian-wikipedia-translation-finished-4799, translating quite bit technical article to asian languages is quite hard so would be glad if someone donate other than those bounty reward.

Todo if i am  getting more financial support Cheesy
1. Fine tune grammar
2. More easier to read & understand
3. More localize example
Finished the full translation of the spanish version. Someone else had done the first paragraph, maybe they are around.

Also, some sentences do not look natural, they need more adaptation to sound Spanish. There are also a good number of missing accents and other typos. Still needs more review (either by you or others).
}}

I'll get around to it. Some sentences just need to be rewritten.
cw
Finished the full translation of the spanish version. Someone else had done the first paragraph, maybe they are around.

Also, some sentences do not look natural, they need more adaptation to sound Spanish. There are also a good number of missing accents and other typos. Still needs more review (either by you or others).
cw

I have fixed some templates, categories, etc. It still needs some improvements:
  • In the reference, translate all date strings (there are names of months in English).
  • When references are in English, you have to add the attribute "idioma=inglés" to the cite template.
Sent 0.5 to the fund.
Donated 25.
Thanks niooron and theymos, I've donated 25.5 as well since I can see both of your transactions in the blockchain.  Ironically enough, I can't see my own there--probably because it was mybitcoin->mybitcoin.  Sent the 25.5 from the client instead to counter this.  Still 24.5 to be matched!
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1006
Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952
Well, i fully translated Polish wikipedia page, but there wasn't a bounty at the time.
Thanks for adding me to the list, cw.

----------------

Also, i think that it would be good idea to make somebody more trusted such as theymos, Kiba, Gavin or Noagendamarket hold the money.
No offense there cw, but you just registered.
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
cw
Actually, now i'm thinking more about this, i would rather wait till at least a couple people that feel confident in both languages approves my work, who knows, i might have made some big mistakes.... Also, i guess it would probably be fair to discount a couple BTC from my prize 'cause i keep finding typos on my translation even after having re-read it several times, these things have a way to sneak by unoticed somtimes....

Fair enough. Then we can wait a bit and give people (and yourself) to an opportunity to review it and get some reward if they make any substantial improvement. We can establish this as the standard procedure for further translations to other languages too.

I just donated 20 BTC.  I will match further pledges made to this thread (and fulfilled) before end of day Sunday March 27, up to 50 BTC.  So if anyone was on the hedge about donating, just donate at least a portion of the amount you were considering, and it will go twice as far.

Thank you, I'm excited to see this rolling Smiley
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)
Actually, now i'm thinking more about this, i would rather wait till at least a couple people that feel confident in both languages approves my work, who knows, i might have made some big mistakes.... Also, i guess it would probably be fair to discount a couple BTC from my prize 'cause i keep finding typos on my translation even after having re-read it several times, these things have a way to sneak by unoticed somtimes....
I just donated 20 BTC.  I will match further pledges made to this thread (and fulfilled) before end of day Sunday March 27, up to 50 BTC total.  So if anyone was on the hedge about donating, just donate at least a portion of the amount you were considering, and it will go twice as far.
cw
You did that? Alright. Sure, if you consider that  to represent well your fraction of the work.

Ok! Should I pay now to 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX ?
Pages:
Jump to: