Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty Hunters the cause of token dumping ? - page 11. (Read 18964 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 108
Bounty hunters are alwasy blame for selling their tokens so quickly without waiting for the project develpment as outline in the roadmap.  I don't think bounty hunters are to blame because a lot of bounty hunters hold their coins for years.

Yes, it is unfair that it would only the bounty hunters to be blame of the price falls of the new token because i have observed many times that even the bounty reward was delayed but still the token price is already declining meaning some of the investors are already selling too because of their token was bought cheap and they have bonuses during the sale so its already a profit for those who will sell earlier after the token was unlock in the exchanges.
Activity: 238
Merit: 14
In many cases, I think so.

I would encourage new projects to offer payments in ETH (aren't they generally collecting ETH for the project?) instead of tokens, so the value of these won't fall so much just after the listing or after paying the bounty hunters.

Anyway, it's not always the case, as in many projects the price has risen even just after the payments. So each case is different.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 542
Bounty hunters are alwasy blame for selling their tokens so quickly without waiting for the project develpment as outline in the roadmap.  I don't think bounty hunters are to blame because a lot of bounty hunters hold their coins for years.
You maybe right that bounty hunters is the cause why tokens price usually drops after it hit the exchange but ICOs should make some move also how to prevent this from happening. One way i see is to pay their bounty campaign participants with ETH and not with their ICO's token.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 673
We can't bring it out such allegation towards bounty hunters cause that is usually their doings. Once received their rewards, they have to sell it immediately even in low price to have money instantly. But we should not blame them all because some bounty hunters have learned it already. We can't take consideration also with the dev's of a certain coins for their huge participation to help it out from dumping.
Activity: 133
Merit: 10
some dump occurrences happen sometimes before bounty hunter gets token. and if we think, the allocation for bounty hunter is very low, almost all ICO allocates to bounty below 5%. I think it's not fair if bounty hunter is accused of being a price-dump maker.

agree, I think it is very unlikely that bounty hunter is a price-dump maker, it is very difficult to make a dump price with an allocation below 5%. and more unreasonable, because the dump occurs when the distribution for bounty hunter has not been done.
Activity: 812
Merit: 257
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
some dump occurrences happen sometimes before bounty hunter gets token. and if we think, the allocation for bounty hunter is very low, almost all ICO allocates to bounty below 5%. I think it's not fair if bounty hunter is accused of being a price-dump maker.
Activity: 630
Bounty hunters are alwasy blame for selling their tokens so quickly without waiting for the project develpment as outline in the roadmap.  I don't think bounty hunters are to blame because a lot of bounty hunters hold their coins for years.
For what I have seen in the forum it seems most people in the forum sell their coins as fast as possible but this is a good thing, if you like the project and you think it has potential the only thing you need to do is to wait for the bounty hunters to get paid and then to begin to look at the markets, they will crash the price and then you can get the coin at a price lower than at the ico phase.
in any case, on bounty campaigns, an average of 2% of the total number of coins is allocated, Therefore, if bounty companies will sell these tokens on the market, this will not affect the overall pricing situation.
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
For what I have seen in the forum it seems most people in the forum sell their coins as fast as possible but this is a good thing, if you like the project and you think it has potential the only thing you need to do is to wait for the bounty hunters to get paid and then to begin to look at the markets, they will crash the price and then you can get the coin at a price lower than at the ico phase.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
maybe they are, but who is to know really
Activity: 109
Maybe some of the hunters are selling their token for quick profits but i believe that some also hold it for a long term goal. Either way i dont see how a 1-5% percent of the total token supply can affect the price of a coin drastically. I still believe that whales are the one dictating the market.
Activity: 546
Merit: 122
Overall, less than 5% of the tokens are reserved for the bounty campaigns, and of those 5% there is still a percentage that will hold the tokens, I usually sell a little in the first few weeks that the token is listed and hold the rest to see how the project will develop. This has a passing effect on price.
Activity: 336
Merit: 253
Bounty hunter something the cause of token dumping i agree.After bounty distribution hunters are try to quick selling their token that's why they create low order selling bid below market rate.It's main fact i think.I observing most of the bounty token a big falling down after distribution.
Activity: 294
Merit: 103
Bounty hunters cant be entirely blamed for dumping lowering the price. Its important that the whole community of the coin is mature and has faith in the project they invested in. If the majority of the investors + bounty hunters decide to sell and get fast and small profit this can create a problem for the project.
Activity: 244
OP are you in favour of bounty hunters or against it, well from your post it's looking like your are a person with two face. Bounty hunters gets 1 to 5% of total token allocation. So there is no chance they can dump whole project. Also now a day lot of ICOs keep vesting periods for hunters and infact hunters get losses take example of OPEN platform token. Price on exchange was 0.3$ when they launched on the exchange and at the time of distribution it was 0.08$.
Activity: 141
The Intelligent Retail Currency
Very often yes and it's bad for all the investors, I would somehow divide the bounty tokens and the ICO tokens, because so many ICOs just fell down because of selling hunters ..
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
well i would say it is very normal, so many developer on ICO had to know that matter very well and provide the way to maintain the value of token price. bounty hunters has invest their time to do their job promoting ICO and even referring investors to join the token sale. But for me, i would prefer to hold a little bit longer not only until get listed on exchange. observing for the roadmap and the asking price on several exchanges.
Activity: 101
I think bounty hunter never make dumping price of token because of usually bounty allocation token not more than 10% of the total token. I think investment can do make a dumping price of a token if more than 30% investment sold token together.
Activity: 658
Merit: 101
Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace
I think so, but I'm sure it must have been in mind by the developer team. indeed the average bounty hunter is a dump
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028
That's why the project owner will not allocate all of their coin for Bounty Hunter.
I'm sure before they divide the percentage of bounty , they have calculate very carefully so I think your statement about bounty hunter to be blame for dumping token is not wise enough !
Activity: 378
Merit: 17
Not all of them are selling their tokens. I have earned some tokens by participating in bounties, but i have been holding it for more than six months and i would continue to hold it till the market goes in bull trend. It is true that dumping so quickly will not earn you much.
Pages:
Jump to: