Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing] Stephen Fulton vs. Naoya Inoue | WBC & WBO 122 lbs bout | July 25 - page 62. (Read 7017 times)

Activity: 2870
Merit: 594

Inoue just announced vacating the bantamweight then instantly got a match with Fulton. This isn't a final date yet so maybe the venue can also change later, it's not to Fulton's advantage to fight in Japan.

According to one tweet Fulton already suggested they fight at 126. This is to put Inoue at a disadvantage while Inoue goes fighting without tuneup at 122. That's the first image I saw Inoue smiling by the way, looks like a K-pop singer.
And I thought that Fulton will have a fight this coming January if I'm not mistaken?

Anyhow, let's see how it goes, of course, we can't wait for the biggest puncher right now in Inoue to be in the ring again and makes another history of being undisputed at 122 lbs. This is his first step, against Fulton and I will agree that he could be the next victim of the Monster.

Inoue needs to grow His career Up and he will not have it if not taking one step forward , he had been dominating the Bantamweight division for years and I think he becomes boring not having a best opponent so this is the best move to challenge His skills and capacity, though Fulton is really strong and skillful , yet Naoya is his best opponent for this title match.
He has nothing to accomplished in 118 lbs, he has all the belts and clean up the division, beating the likes of Nonito Donaire in the process. So it make sense for him to move up and again unify all the belts in super bantamweight because it will be history.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Inoue needs to grow His career Up and he will not have it if not taking one step forward , he had been dominating the Bantamweight division for years and I think he becomes boring not having a best opponent so this is the best move to challenge His skills and capacity, though Fulton is really strong and skillful , yet Naoya is his best opponent for this title match.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 593
I was not expecting Inoue to challenge Stephen Fulton first! I was speculating that he will challenge Akhmadaliev then challenge Fulton for a unification superfight. It appears they want to first take the more difficult challenge hehe. Inoue would be making more money if he had half of the super bantamweight already through Akhmadaliev before challenging Fulton.

I think I will say that Fulton is a better matchup for Inoue, it's a tailor fight for him and Inoue has all the advantage and I might be thinking that he will score a knockout against Fulton.

Fulton doesn't have the power and as far as speed goes, I have Inoue as the faster between the two.

So it's a right choice for Inoue to get to him and take that belt easy, IMHO.
Stephen Fulton is a 28-year-old player and Naoya Inoue is a 29-year-old player.  Both cannot be considered as Yang.  And both are old enough.  Naoya Inoue fighting style is very different from Fulton  and he is a very smart boxer. Naoya Inoue will take points by knockout and he always fights with his smarts.  He does not waste his calories fighting unnecessarily. So maybe he will be able to win the match.  If it is not granted
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
I was not expecting Inoue to challenge Stephen Fulton first! I was speculating that he will challenge Akhmadaliev then challenge Fulton for a unification superfight. It appears they want to first take the more difficult challenge hehe. Inoue would be making more money if he had half of the super bantamweight already through Akhmadaliev before challenging Fulton.

I think I will say that Fulton is a better matchup for Inoue, it's a tailor fight for him and Inoue has all the advantage and I might be thinking that he will score a knockout against Fulton.

Fulton doesn't have the power and as far as speed goes, I have Inoue as the faster between the two.

So it's a right choice for Inoue to get to him and take that belt easy, IMHO.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

Inoue just announced vacating the bantamweight then instantly got a match with Fulton. This isn't a final date yet so maybe the venue can also change later, it's not to Fulton's advantage to fight in Japan.

According to one tweet Fulton already suggested they fight at 126. This is to put Inoue at a disadvantage while Inoue goes fighting without tuneup at 122. That's the first image I saw Inoue smiling by the way, looks like a K-pop singer.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1458

In any case, this will be a very entertaining year for the sport of boxing! Tank Davis vs. Ryan Garcia, Tyson Fury vs. Usyk and Spence vs. Crawford!
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
Credits: Steve Marcus/Getty Images and Yuichi Yamazaki/AFP via Getty Images

After being an undisputed Bantamweight Champion at 118 lbs last month, Japan's Naoya Inoue vacates all his titles and decided to move up weight to face the challenges at 122 lbs. Naoya Inoue, who also called as the "Japanese Monster" debut fight will be against the current WBC and WBO Super Bantamweight (also known as Junior Featherweight) Champion Stephen Fulton.

When: July 25, 2023
Where: Ariake Arena, Tokyo, Japan

Naoya Inoue and Stephen Fulton reschedule hotly anticipated fight

When: May 7, 2023
Where: Yokohama Arena , Japan

POSTPONED: March 22, 2003 - TBA
Inoue injury leads to postponement of world title bout with Fulton
Naoya Inoue injured, May 7th fight with Stephen Fulton postponed
Naoya Inoue injured, fight with Stephen Fulton Jr postponed

Related Sources:
Stephen Fulton vs Naoya Inoue unified world title fight live on Sky Sports on May 7 from the Yokohama Arena
Stephen Fulton vs. Naoya Inoue on Sky Sports on May 7
Naoya Inoue, Stephen Fulton agree to 122-pound title bout
Stephen Fulton & Naoya Inoue Agree To Terms For May On ESPN+
Naoya Inoue and Stephen Fulton Jr reportedly discussing spring title fight in Japan
Stephen Fulton-Naoya Inoue 122-Pound Championship Clash Targeted For Late Spring In Japan
Pages:
Jump to: