Pages:
Author

Topic: BPMC Launch BF1 USB miner - probably the fastest USB miner in the World - page 6. (Read 42042 times)

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
What does this have to do with the BF1?

I believe his root argument is that mining with these, or any other available ASIC today, is not profitable, and feels the need to preach this like the fate of our species relies on that knowledge.

Since you find it impossible to read and understand what I have posted in here I'll repeat it - rather than have you adjust what I've said to something I have not said - not unexpected at all though from you.

The first batch was 2.1BTC - no chance in hell of getting that back PPS mining - they will probably get back 1/3 of that.
So yes clearly a BTC loss - clear for all but the mathematically challenged.
Bicknellski and his cronies overpaid for the chips (they were priced and called 'dev' chips for a reason that was clearly beyond their understanding) and once they realised their mistake, they decided to sell their hardware they were mining on, at a price to convert that loss into a profit, by providing a high loss to their buyers. Seems they have succeeded in converting that loss to a profit for themselves.

It's is simple to estimate which ASIC anyone buys will lose BTC.
A lot do lose.
I take it that is too complex for you to estimate?

FYI - just to add some more amusing information on the subject Smiley
Bicknellski sent one to ckolivas - even though ckolivas asked him to send it to me since ckolivas is rather short on time to do the driver at the moment ... though I had a requirement before I'd consider writing the driver, and that was that their next batch price wasn't a rip off like the first batch. Anyway, Bicknellski wouldn't send it to me. No big deal it is only 2.5GH/s - and wont make much BTC at all for the time and effort to support it - but it probably also means a driver delay for those who paid him all that BTC Cheesy No big deal - one less BTC hardware item to add to my growing list of hardware that I support for the community even when they don't make a profit for me Smiley It will be done by ckolivas soon enough and he'll support it - so again no big deal. The only side effect will be that if anyone asks me for support of them I'll refer them to ckolivas - yet again no big deal Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow

I believe his root argument is that mining with these, or any other available ASIC today, is not profitable, and feels the need to preach this like the fate of our species relies on that knowledge.

Begs the question why he's into writing mining software to begin with, if not to get free ASIC's as a form of profit.
legendary
There's nothing wrong with being a hobbyist. But it's a known secret that with rising diff and high prices only the seller will make a profit. Everyone can decide for itself but for newbies it's nothing but fair if people like Kano point out that stuff wont be profitable.
Yes indeed Bicknellski is a lowlife and looking at how this thread has succeeded in passing their loss off to their customers and turning it into their own profit, I'm sure others could think of other words to describe him.

Meanwhile Tongue These BitFury chips are still slower than BFL chips but also use less power than the BFL chips ...
Cmon HashFast, KnC, can't someone hurry up and release a single chip that's faster than the BFL ASIC Smiley
Strange how chips vendors (BFL, Bitfury, Avalon) have turned members of this mining community against each other!

Meanwhile, who's the fastest?

https://ghash.io/
For me this post is nothing to do with the chip vendors, read my post, don't remove 2 pieces of information that show that.
(... you got the quoting wrong)
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
legendary
You're posting your delusions - no proof - as is typical.
said josh about 1000 times
Heh, funny, your argument and Xian01's about providing any proof, is to say that someone else you dislike asks for proof.

Directly implying that you think proof and truth are a bad thing.

Well - glad we cleared that up.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
@WiRED
There's nothing wrong with being a hobbyist. But it's a known secret that with rising diff and high prices only the seller will make a profit. Everyone can decide for itself but for newbies it's nothing but fair if people like Kano point out that stuff wont be profitable.

Yes indeed Bicknellski is a lowlife and looking at how this thread has succeeded in passing their loss off to their customers and turning it into their own profit, I'm sure others could think of other words to describe him.

Meanwhile Tongue These BitFury chips are still slower than BFL chips but also use less power than the BFL chips ...
Cmon HashFast, KnC, can't someone hurry up and release a single chip that's faster than the BFL ASIC Smiley
Strange how chips vendors (BFL, Bitfury, Avalon) have turned members of this mining community against each other!

Meanwhile, who's the fastest?

https://ghash.io/
Activity: 728
Merit: 503
dApps Development Automation Platform
Kevin,

Do you have a picture as to what the shipping will be in? Will it be just a unit wrapped in bubble wrap or maybe a package like the AM BE's?
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
said josh about 1000 times
legendary
Christian Antkow
You've got some serious narcissism problems, dude, and are lobbing dangerous accusations of delusions from your glass house.
You're posting your delusions* - no proof - as is typical.

EDIT: I see you've been studying hard at the Zerlan Institute of Public Relations, huh ? Wink Typical.
legendary
You've got some serious narcissism problems, dude, and are lobbing dangerous accusations of delusions from your glass house.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
Really?! Still Not Allowed to buy One unit? we MUST buy a batch of five?

wait the price is really ~ 2 BTC??
It was, But then the OP changed the price to 1.4btc each
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
Dock.io
wait the price is really ~ 2 BTC??
legendary
Christian Antkow

Ya that is true too bad he doesn't do that same service to warn people off BFL seems pretty suspect...
Posting lies to cover something up? What's he hiding? ...

It is a worry when someone who is selling hardware is knowingly doing this.
I have replied specifically to you posting this, twice before:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2956636

And:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3157285

As I said before about Bicknellski: misdirection.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3165417

He's under the delusion that I have some need to hide my thoughts about BFL, yet both the above, that he has read, seem pretty clear to me, and I am sure clear to anyone else who reads them.
Also:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2977089
The reason I mostly avoid that thread is coz I've made it clear about BFL in there but that thread is full of rubbish.
It is easy enough to find negative things about BFL, but in there they seem to just say anything to try and get attention whether is is true or ludicrous.
I'm sure most people would prefer to avoid that tread.

I will also point out that Bicknellski is the same person who (failed) but tried to convince the Klondike teams to not support the cgminer developers (myself and/or ckolivas)
He didn't want them to supply us with hardware to help develop the cgminer software. Interesting, him trying to do that Tongue For what reason?
Funniest thing about this is that I am still spending time with the biggest Klondike team working on cgminer and helping them get the Klondike hardware going in a basecamp project with 11 other people.
If they send me a Klondike board (which they might) it really wont be making me a fortune for my effort so far and the future effort I will expend on supporting it - but that's OK by me - I am still working with them.

legendary

Ya that is true too bad he doesn't do that same service to warn people off BFL seems pretty suspect...
Posting lies to cover something up? What's he hiding? ...

It is a worry when someone who is selling hardware is knowingly doing this.
I have replied specifically to you posting this, twice before:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2956636

And:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3157285

As I said before about Bicknellski: misdirection.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3165417

He's under the delusion that I have some need to hide my thoughts about BFL, yet both the above, that he has read, seem pretty clear to me, and I am sure clear to anyone else who reads them.
Also:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2977089
The reason I mostly avoid that thread is coz I've made it clear about BFL in there but that thread is full of rubbish.
It is easy enough to find negative things about BFL, but in there they seem to just say anything to try and get attention whether is is true or ludicrous.
I'm sure most people would prefer to avoid that tread.

I will also point out that Bicknellski is the same person who (failed) but tried to convince the Klondike teams to not support the cgminer developers (myself and/or ckolivas)
He didn't want them to supply us with hardware to help develop the cgminer software. Interesting, him trying to do that Tongue For what reason?
Funniest thing about this is that I am still spending time with the biggest Klondike team working on cgminer and helping them get the Klondike hardware going in a basecamp project with 11 other people.
If they send me a Klondike board (which they might) it really wont be making me a fortune for my effort so far and the future effort I will expend on supporting it - but that's OK by me - I am still working with them.

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Why do people continue to ignore the fact that 100+% ROI is not the ultimate goal for thousands of hobbyist miners?!

You speak about those guys complaining every day about bad luck and which pool can give them the biggest reward ? Cheesy
I think he's talking about those people who are willing to buy a sub 100€ item just to help the network. Sounds hypocrite but those people exist. Smiley
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Ya that is true too bad he doesn't do that same service to warn people off BFL seems pretty suspect... what's that you say he got a free unit from them? Really?

No one is hiding the facts here especially those who have fabricated the units and brought them to the community. You may want to buy or not that is fair, you can post your concerns about ROI fair enough just make sure you are doing it consistently across the board not just dropping little turds on people's threads because they don't like they way you do business. I have 0 respect for Kano's new found community protective spirit given the rank amateur status for backing and promoting BFL given their record. If he were really a champion for the community he would be leading the charge to help people AVOID really financial ruin by investing in BFL. Hypocrisy is not a luxury he should be indulging in.
legendary
Activity: 1022
BitMinter
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
Why do people continue to ignore the fact that 100+% ROI is not the ultimate goal for thousands of hobbyist miners?!

You speak about those guys complaining every day about bad luck and which pool can give them the biggest reward ? Cheesy

I'm not sure what you're driving at?  Are you implying that hobbyist miners are complainers?  I think you may be confusing "newbies" with "hobbyists".  A newbie with a single USB stick and an Nvidia card complaining that Slush is ripping him off because he didn't make as many bitcoins this week as he did last week is not the same as a hobbyist.

A hobbyist takes great interest in the hobby and does research and tries to participate in a useful way.  They may not be as sophisticated and knowledgable as those who do this for a living but they are what makes this community diverse and vibrant.

And annoying newbies aren't always hopeless either.  Everyone was one at one time.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1022
BitMinter

Activity: 228
Merit: 100
This is not good for my Chi... Yifu
The price has been reduced for a cpl of days now, I should have updated the thread before now to avoid any confusion.

cheers,
kev
Pages:
Jump to: