Pages:
Author

Topic: BPMC Launch BF1 USB miner - probably the fastest USB miner in the World - page 7. (Read 42042 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
The hobbyist miners will still buy these in mass quantities because the low price of entry compared to big rigs... ROI or not.  Why do people continue to ignore the fact that 100+% ROI is not the ultimate goal for thousands of hobbyist miners?!  And continuing to demand that ASIC makers lower their price is completely ridiculous when they are selling everything they can make the second its off of the production line.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Indeed - if KnC or HashFast deliver ... not a chance of return from these over priced items.
... though that is already true of the first batch without KnC or HashFast delivering.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
More like its already closed. KnC starting to ship soon.  BitFury will have to sell chips for $2-5 soon for it to make sense to manufacture any more of these things.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
im confused. with block erupters being around 0.13 BTC with 336 mhash, and the BF1 being 2.1 BTC with 2.5ghash, you would need 8 block erupters to have the equivalent power. it's still like a 1BTC cheaper. Yeah you need hubs and it's a nuisance etc etc, but still cheaper. why not go for block erupters??  Huh

Agreed, although 8 erupters use 8x the power of 1 BF1, which makes a small difference. 

Unlike some, I'm not personally offended that these are overpriced, but I think at this price they'll have a hard time moving.  If they come down I'll re-evaluate, but right now I'm looking for a price point of ~ BTC.4 for October delivery chips, realistically in my hands in November.

At that price point there might be no point to a batch 2... depends on the chips costs and BTC price as well as difficulty. One can wish for an ROI price but the reality for someone doing the fabrication has to be is it worth it and given the first batch is a novelty and limited quantity a second batch needs to be on time and price point perfect to move sufficient quantity. Still up in the air... there is definitely a window but it is closing fast on this chip.

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
im confused. with block erupters being around 0.13 BTC with 336 mhash, and the BF1 being 2.1 BTC with 2.5ghash, you would need 8 block erupters to have the equivalent power. it's still like a 1BTC cheaper. Yeah you need hubs and it's a nuisance etc etc, but still cheaper. why not go for block erupters??  Huh

Agreed, although 8 erupters use 8x the power of 1 BF1, which makes a small difference. 

Unlike some, I'm not personally offended that these are overpriced, but I think at this price they'll have a hard time moving.  If they come down I'll re-evaluate, but right now I'm looking for a price point of ~ BTC.4 for October delivery chips, realistically in my hands in November.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
If next batch's will be cheaper, and this batch isn't selling, would it not be prudent to reduce these a little to see if you can sell them before the next batch?  October delivery chips have USB sticks promising BTC.4.  I'd pay BTC1 BTC.8 now to have one of these early.  Just saying.

Edit: did the calculations.  Even at BTC1 it's a gamble that difficulty won't continue to skyrocket for the next year.
Next batch WILL be cheaper. But the current batch is almost sold out so we won't be dropping prices.
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
-snip-

Kevin and Beastlymac I am guessing most are sold now ya boys?

Only about 20 left also most of those are reserved for payment in the coming days.
Activity: 742
If next batch's will be cheaper, and this batch isn't selling, would it not be prudent to reduce these a little to see if you can sell them before the next batch?  October delivery chips have USB sticks promising BTC.4.  I'd pay BTC1 BTC.8 now to have one of these early.  Just saying.

Edit: did the calculations.  Even at BTC1 it's a gamble that difficulty won't continue to skyrocket for the next year.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
@kano, you can buy the ones available now at 2.1 BTC, or you can wait next month and the next batch, those will be cheaper.
Back on ignore Kano don't really have the time to play or care about your slant on things. Might want to go look for more free hardware somewhere else like the Monarch or something equally fantasmagorical.

Spin it how you like. Moving forward batch two and some newer BTC mining projects and BTC mining accessory like hubs.

Kevin and Beastlymac I am guessing most are sold now ya boys?

Really looking forward to the end of November with those really efficient chips coming down the pipe.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
If I had the money I would buy some and quickly sell them for double on ebay.
It seemed to work well for people when the BE's came out.

Notice we are not selling them on Ebay?
Is that your way of saying "buy a bunch in a batch so you can resell and flip them for profit instead of mine on them like they are desinged for"

My way of saying we came to a knowledgeable part of the community, offered our wares at our price and have accepted our fate up or down on sales as opposed to "fleecing" people who might not have the same level of understanding or access to this forum. Reselling is fine, ebay is fine, just not how we have gone about it and no my statement merely points to the fact the we are trying whenever possible to be ethical in business practices. We are also trying to open up a positive dialogue with the community for future products. We want to do more to provide products that are available and meet the needs of this community.

It's your way of saying ... you made a mistake and want to pass that mistake off completely to the buyers and turn it into a profit for you.
(with a hidden - 'suckers')

Until ASIC, the needs of the community was hardware that mined more BTC than it cost.
People other than very late BTC miners, did this with GPUs and FPGAs.

Since ASIC, the standard for some ASIC chip and board manufacturers has been to sell hardware at a BTC price above what it will return and then pretend to be an idiot and not know that you are ripping people off ... or worse ... make up copious amounts of bullshit arguing that you aren't ripping people off but instead doing right by them.
The most common of these of late is: "Why sell hardware when you could make more mining with it - better to make EVEN more by selling it - and thus making the buyers lose BTC"

Of course this can be described as a ponzi if you realise that the only positive exit strategy is passing the loss on to the next buyer ... even if sometimes there is only one step - the first sale of the devices
Got my Units today...

Shipping on 9, 1 going to ckolivas, keeping 1 to play with.

Is that your way of saying "buy a bunch in a batch so you can resell and flip them for profit instead of mine on them like they are desinged for"

My way of saying we came to a knowledgeable part of the community, offered our wares at our price and have accepted our fate up or down on sales as opposed to "fleecing" people who might not have the same level of understanding or access to this forum. Reselling is fine, ebay is fine, just not how we have gone about it and no my statement merely points to the fact the we are trying whenever possible to be ethical in business practices. We are also trying to open up a positive dialogue with the community for future products. We want to do more to provide products that are available and meet the needs of this community.
Activity: 602
That is a cool product. I wonder how many he has sold at that price...
Activity: 138
Merit: 10
A guy on Ebay prints a case for the Block Erupters, figured out how to cram a usb hub in there and slapped a fan on top, sells the unit for $399 on Ebay. These are faster, less micky mouse so at $399 would still be a better value.

Link?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASIC-Bitcoin-Quick-Miner-USB-2-Gh-s-Plug-and-Play-with-Fan-Blue-Quick-Miner-/281165695726
Activity: 602
A guy on Ebay prints a case for the Block Erupters, figured out how to cram a usb hub in there and slapped a fan on top, sells the unit for $399 on Ebay. These are faster, less micky mouse so at $399 would still be a better value.

Link?
Activity: 138
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey

+1  ^this. Methinks they'll hardly ever ROI so they were actually just made for being resold, not mining  Grin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory‎

Thank you for existing Ebay!

I'll never understand why so many people frown upon reselling.  It's a free market.  No one's forced to buy.
Because majority of consumers want to consume a product, not make money
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!

+1  ^this. Methinks they'll hardly ever ROI so they were actually just made for being resold, not mining  Grin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory‎

Thank you for existing Ebay!

I'll never understand why so many people frown upon reselling.  It's a free market.  No one's forced to buy.
Pages:
Jump to: