Pages:
Author

Topic: Brace yourselves, CBDCs one Step Closer - page 4. (Read 633 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1094
January 17, 2023, 10:29:26 AM
CBDC is just fiat and nothing different from fiat, it is even controlled by central banks, it is centralized and it is a way government will be able to know more about their citizens money and able to control it. It is the same as fiat and devalues as as fiat. I have been using bank fiat since I was an adult and it is working good and I still prefer to stay in that way no CBDC for me.

The American's government can just ask every citizens to convert their fiat to CBDC for now to next 7 days, if someone doesn't convert their fiat to CBDC in the next 7 days, any fiat will become worthless and can't be used anymore Roll Eyes
Why would a government do that? It would be a stupid reason and no government can do that.
Activity: 840
Merit: 612
January 17, 2023, 10:27:15 AM
The American's government can just ask every citizens to convert their fiat to CBDC for now to next 7 days, if someone doesn't convert their fiat to CBDC in the next 7 days, any fiat will become worthless and can't be used anymore Roll Eyes

This will make panic and CBDC can be adopted for 1 week only, but of course it wouldn't happen since they're still think about the risk, especially the smart contract security. The bank will want to make sure the security is really high, but I think hack anytime will happen, I just hope CBDC is covered by bank insurance.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027
January 17, 2023, 10:04:10 AM
Coindesk revealed the Bank of America has been researching CBDCs and it seems that they are closer than ever. The report considers CBDCs to have a lot of potential and was a natural evolution of money.

According to Alkesh Shah, "CBDCs do not change the definition of money, but will likely change how and when value is transferred over the next 15 years." He thus added that central bank digital currencies have “the potential to revolutionize global financial systems and may be the most significant technological advancement in the history of money.”

Central Banks are already exploring the whole notion of developing CBDC systems so this may come sooner than one might think. What do you guys say? Ten years ago, I said that it would take 10 years for governments start adopting CBDCs. Now that 10 years have passed, some countries have already adopted it but it is still not mainstream. How long do you guys think it will take for CBDCs to become the norm?
Pages:
Jump to: