Pages:
Author

Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Bobby Lee Confirms Bitcoin China Ban, It's finally Happened - page 3. (Read 5649 times)

legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1013
I think the Chinese government just wants to ban bitcoin as a method of moving money out of the country without their say so, rather than stop their rich friends making money off the long term growth of bitcoin. So they'll allow Chinese exchanges to operate offshore, so they can see the money going in and out through the existing super strict international money transfer rules and limits. Anyone who has bitcoins in china that are currently outside of this system, i.e. they own them already, will probably want to hold on to them or trade them off the books to people that need to move money out of china unofficially. I don't see massive selling pressure from China, although some day traders may liquidate.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Settle down kids, take a breath.

How much does China influence BTC anyway? Are they major players in the game or not? If not, then who cares if they halt BTC from coming into their banks?
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance
Hello Mr. Sampey Sir, i am poor man i live in a matchbox size room since 5 years, i don't have Bitcoin i cannot afford Sad only 4 litecoin . I will be very happy if you send me Bitcoin 1GmXN6K6MzBXzGPZ8iv66UtezSPMFCnou4
thank you Mr Sampey !

I have $15,000 worth of BTC i want to invest it ALL AT ONCE into one or two coins, please put your suggestions here. It has to be a coin that is not overpriced, as in there is still room for like 10x-30x growth within the next 2 weeks, NOT WITHIN THE NEXT 1 year.

Thanks !

Matthecat lost more money today, a perfect reason for him to excrete ass talk. So you say Bitcoin will crash even more to assed levels, lets see then where is the crash ? i can't see $500 BTC only more ass talk.

Don't expect any intelligent people to take you seriously until you start acting maturely.

Lol what a douchebag, u wanna double post OK so will I

Another idiot  Cheesy

Ever heard of sarcasm? I was joking and being sarcastic with sampy he's a nice dude

I won't even bother replying to ur other accusations I already address them before.

U need to find better things to do with ur time that try to defame me
Guys, this is just in fresh news from China and confirms the insider news i previously had, the Ban is REAL.

here you go:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/latest/china-clamps-down-on-bitcoin/story-e6frg90f-1226871648275

BOB LEE ALSO CONFIRMS IT !

Quote:"There will definitely be a negative impact to the exchanges," said Bobby Lee

Get ready for the selling (slaughter) this week.

Here's the insider news (was heavily criticized) i had days earlier: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cosmopolis-prepare-for-bitcoin-266-retest-549790

One of the people familiar with the latest directive said that the central bank does not intend to ban bitcoin trading in China, and said the move is to
Very Bullish indeed, thanks OP  Smiley

Irrelevant, if banks are banned to deal with exchanges then bitcoin trading will be useless as exchanges can't maintain accounts with banks and people can't deposot new money

Any other workaround such as moving overseas will limit avwrgae Chinese from investing
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
Guys, this is just in fresh news from China and confirms the insider news i previously had, the Ban is REAL.

here you go:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/latest/china-clamps-down-on-bitcoin/story-e6frg90f-1226871648275

BOB LEE ALSO CONFIRMS IT !

Quote:"There will definitely be a negative impact to the exchanges," said Bobby Lee

Get ready for the selling (slaughter) this week.

Here's the insider news (was heavily criticized) i had days earlier: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cosmopolis-prepare-for-bitcoin-266-retest-549790

One of the people familiar with the latest directive said that the central bank does not intend to ban bitcoin trading in China, and said the move is to "enforce what was already said in the December document." That document had said bitcoin is not a currency with "real meaning" and does not have the same legal status as a currency, but that the public is free to buy and sell bitcoin online provided that they accept the risk.

BTC China and two other major bitcoin exchanges in China -- OKCoin and Huobi -- have all said they haven't gotten any official notice of a change from the central bank nor the banks that they have accounts with. A spokesman with BTC China said that the firm is trying to get clarity from the banks.

The three exchanges also said they haven't seen significant changes to their deposits yet, and that trading volumes have jumped in the last week due to bitcoin price volatility from the news.

Very Bullish indeed, thanks OP  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
Most of the people still don´t get it. It´s not about the news that will push the market downwards, it´s about the chinese money that will leave n goes into effect can the market in a few days.

I do not get this. Are there exchange controls that prevent how much money one can bring into China? Otherwise someone holding BTC in China after the "ban" goes into effect can sell the BTC abroad and then repatriate the funds.

Most countries that have exchange controls aim to prevent funds in the form of local currency from leaving the country not the other way around.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
Remember before bitcoin was banned in China, all these threads were about how the encryption of bitcoin was flawed, and the NSA could confiscate your funds? Also, quantum computers attacking the networks? Bitcoin being a product of FBI/CIA?

Interesting that the same posters are now more concerned about Chinese regulation, which by comparison, seems much less of a threat. Can any of you guys explain why you are concerned about China banning the currency you believe secret government agencies are plotting to crack wide open and steal all funds from users?

Edit: Right on queue! lol
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/quantum-computers-and-bitcoin-553284
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
How many times does it need to be confirmed before the bears realise that the panic is over, and now the buying pressure has overcome all the pathetic selling forces that are left. Bitcoins are undervalued.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Not confirmed until your autistic friend confirms it at a 48% probability, OP
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Most of the people still don´t get it. It´s not about the news that will push the market downwards, it´s about the chinese money that will leave the market in a few days.
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
Giga
So tell me, why do the markets say 'meh' at the moment? There is no sharp response whatsoever, which gives rise to the idea that at least most of the risk is already priced in. I believe we are gonna stay around 450-500 until the 15th, only to rise rapidly afterwards.

To be fair the Chinese start trading few hours from now, so any reaction won't be this very moment.

But the bad news could be already priced in, I posted earlier about how i think $400 looks like a solid floor as every bad news (even gox) failed to breach.
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
Giga
I like how today is April Fools so I just cautiously thought its a trap  Grin

PBOC playing April fools?  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
This China banning Bitcoin issue has been going on for 4 months already. It may very well turn out to be: Sell the rumour and buy the news.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
I like how today is April Fools so I just cautiously thought its a trap  Grin
Most of the people still don´t get it. It´s not about the news that will push the market downwards, it´s about the chinese money that will leave the market in a few days.

Wheel out sockpuppet num#2 account

The market knows everything ... and its says you are wrong

Yip

Fonzie is not me, also all the other accounts you accuse of being me. I think its not fair to them as they are their own people, think about it

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

I don't think chinese would like to sell a currency that is worldwide accepted and can be cashed in any part of world.
From the article:

"One of the people familiar with the latest directive said that the central bank does not intend to ban bitcoin trading in China, and said the move is to "enforce what was already said in the December document." That document had said bitcoin is not a currency with "real meaning" and does not have the same legal status as a currency, but that the public is free to buy and sell bitcoin online provided that they accept the risk."

Bitcoin is not banned in China. China is now enforcing rules they put in place that say banks and similar institutions can not offer bitcoin accounts or transact in bitcoin.

The same rules apply for gold. Chinese banks can not open 'gold' accounts in the same manner as yen. Gold is a commodity and operates through that infrastructure. China is doing the same for bitcoin.

If you think bitcoin is "banned" in China, then you also would have to believe that gold is banned in China, which is absurd...

Edit: Impulse beat me to the exact same quote. That's two people that saw this right away, wonder why the OP didn't

wonder why the OP didn't...
Perhaps OP is trying to deceive people?

"
OKCoin CEO Xu Mingxing said that if Chinese exchanges can't accept money into corporate accounts, they would likely have to incorporate themselves abroad and also move their servers overseas. "

No banks allowed to deal with exchanges = pretty much a fucking ban

Why else would okcoin CEO want to move overseas

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Wheel out sockpuppet num#2 account

The market knows everything ... and its says you are wrong

Thems the facts ComOTard
Activity: 151

Perhaps not:

http://jingdaily.com/chinas-unstoppable-gold-buying-aunties-move-onto-bitcoins/

+100
Pages:
Jump to: