Pages:
Author

Topic: [BREAKING NEWS]: South Korea to Legalize Bitcoin!!!! - page 4. (Read 4316 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
There is still no confirmation about the news, and the Bitcoin exchange rates are going down for the past 2-3 days. If the news was true, then there could have been at least a 5% spike in the exchange rates.
People like to hype up and exaggerate everything, while in this case everything is still in the 'preparation phase', if I may believe certain news sources.

It might very well be just a proposal rather than something that is being prepared. In most cases articles get poorly translated and as result will spread wrong/false information.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
I would believe this story when I see some official communication from the government of South Korea. "On the verge of legalizing" is not the same as "definitely legalizing". Nowadays, most of the crypto-coin news sites are after sensationalist stories, and they can twist the facts or hide some of them.
wow, i think so like you but i say if this is true so the south korean will get a new era of cryptocurrency world that was a dream who hold or buy sell bitcoin from their country. its great announcement of them. but I confidently tell that bitcoin is to be legalized in the whole world today or tomorrow & your comments also appreciable.

I don't think the news about South Korea's intentions to legalize Bitcoin were only on crypto-coin news sites. Yes, if google the news it looks like that's true. But don't forget that we google it in English. Most likely if we were googling it in Korean we'd have different results.

There is still no confirmation about the news, and the Bitcoin exchange rates are going down for the past 2-3 days. If the news was true, then there could have been at least a 5% spike in the exchange rates.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 503
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
I would believe this story when I see some official communication from the government of South Korea. "On the verge of legalizing" is not the same as "definitely legalizing". Nowadays, most of the crypto-coin news sites are after sensationalist stories, and they can twist the facts or hide some of them.
wow, i think so like you but i say if this is true so the south korean will get a new era of cryptocurrency world that was a dream who hold or buy sell bitcoin from their country. its great announcement of them. but I confidently tell that bitcoin is to be legalized in the whole world today or tomorrow & your comments also appreciable.

I don't think the news about South Korea's intentions to legalize Bitcoin were only on crypto-coin news sites. Yes, if google the news it looks like that's true. But don't forget that we google it in English. Most likely if we were googling it in Korean we'd have different results.

The thing is it's only a bill and we all know how fast the governments process them. South Korea is in like a crisis for some time now and it's not a good time for them to regularize BTC and start telling people to make use of it. It may be beneficial for many but its better for the government to be stable before passing that bill.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
I stand with Ukraine.

copper member
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Activity: 490
Merit: 256
This hot news is currently breaking on all the wires. South Korea is on the verge of legalising Bitcoin. Fill your bags...

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/south-korea-preparing-legalize-bitcoin/

Updates to follow as we receive them...

South Korea added to the waiting list.

I was saying this type of scenario when Japan started accepting Bitcoin as a mode of payment. Based from my previous deductions, Japan triggers the wide acceptance of Bitcoin in the Asian countries. And the current news about legalization of Bitcoin in India and South Korea just justified that my claims is true. Bit by bit, country by country, Asian countries are starting to recognize the potential of Bitcoin. And by this happenings within just months, no doubt that we will not wait any longer and we will see Bitcoin soar up high like a rocket in the sky.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 328
Lol @ all of these [BREAKING NEWS] clickbait titles recently. At least they are usually interesting.
[/quot
Even though im a newbie i do agree on what you have said ive been observing this kind of thread or topic titles are clickbait and i dont know if this is true or not.If its true then its good that gradually countries to decide to accept and legalize bitcoin which means adoption is on progress and expected for the price to go up anytime soon which is really a great news for us bitcoin holders.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
Activity: 826
Merit: 529
What a great news for South Korean people specially Bitcoin holders, so far I know Japan was the first country to legalize Bitcoin ever. South Korea is the second of this list, it's a new era of this platform. Hopefully it'll become a number one virtual currency in the future...
Activity: 648
Merit: 502
As we can all heard in the news, Bitcoin is being legalized by countries one by one. I wonder if the news is really credible or it is just made to have a hype but still it might come the time that South Korea will really legalize Bitcoin. This will have an impact to some people because they will be aware of how Bitcoin is becoming a currency to some countries and it's popularity will bloomed, the problem here is the regulation of that country to btc. It still depends on how they will regulate btc. I hope that some countries who will follow Japan's footsteps will regulate btc as good as Japan or else there is no use if it's the same old brand new system like the fiat. It's good to have bitcoins but it's sad to think that government will make it like the fiat again.
Activity: 246
Merit: 250
Another country to want to legalize Bitcoin, maybe it will not affect so much to the markets and investors but when a county starts to accept Bitcoin, that will attract  investors to make investments in Bitcoin.
The bitcoin Asian market is really huge and if you look at the volumes in trade you will understand and with bitcoin being legalized i am pretty sure that it will attract more investors and business in this platform and it might increase the price of bitcoin as you might see more investments coming in solely because of that. I just want to see how the market reacts this month as we are going through a tough phase ,not in totality but the bull run has settled for now.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
This hot news is currently breaking on all the wires. South Korea is on the verge of legalising Bitcoin. Fill your bags...

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/south-korea-preparing-legalize-bitcoin/

Updates to follow as we receive them...
Another country to want to legalize Bitcoin, maybe it will not affect so much to the markets and investors but when a county starts to accept Bitcoin, that will attract  investors to make investments in Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
How can you legalize something what wasn't illegal beforehand?!
This is misleading imo. It's all about regulating the on ramps to the crypto currency space.
Some may see this is a good sign, others not. I'm not sure if South Korea will go the way Japan did.
Guess we will have to wait and see what the future brings over there.
legendary
Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007
I am extremely happy to learn that south Korea going to legalise bitcoin.The only way we can push up mass adoption is governments accepting the existence and importance of bitcoin.
You really do not need a government approval to be mass adopted,you just need a simple tutorial informing the public about the positives and the incentives and the freedom you have with bitcoin and if you are able to do that then you will attract more people.

You didn't understand what the legalization of government means. Many people knows bitcoin but to use it because it seems an illegal and by the approval of government means boosting the confidence of all people to invest on btc because it feels safe. It is not just about teaching people how to use is enough to made them convince to invest in something that new to them.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
I can't confirm whether this news is true or if Bitcoin will ever become a legalized method of payment in South Korea. But if it happens, then the exchange rates are going to hit $3,000 per coin. If Japan can take Bitcoin from $1,000 to $2,500, then South Korea can take it from $2,500 to at least $3,000.

Like you, I can not confirm the news, however, I think it's incorrect, let's say other countries like USA, China, they are leading countries, but they have not done yet. Be that, so i think korea will not do it.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I am extremely happy to learn that south Korea going to legalise bitcoin.The only way we can push up mass adoption is governments accepting the existence and importance of bitcoin.
You really do not need a government approval to be mass adopted,you just need a simple tutorial informing the public about the positives and the incentives and the freedom you have with bitcoin and if you are able to do that then you will attract more people.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
It is not a surprising news for me because bitcoin is already noticed by a lot of countries in the asian part of the world and some of the non asian countries are also moving and they are also legalizing bitcoin because of the belief that bitcoin can help them in economic development for the different individual and also for their overall development.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
I am very happy to see another country is attracted to bitcoin and want to legalised bitcoin, it sure going to make bitcoin popularity go up and the price will also up because there will be more demand, but I see the word "regulate", that is something that I don't like, regulating bitcoin will make bitcoin like fiat, but eventhough with regulation bitcoin demand will still going up
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
A good as well a bad news altogether coming from south Korea. The plans of legalizing bitcoin usage is quite appreciable, but at the same time around 880000$ worth of bitcoin being stolen from an south Korean exchange simply a bad news and this makes panic among common people regarding the security of using bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
We constantly see in the news that someone wants to legalize bitcoin, but every time we don't see action. Only intentions. I agree that legalization will increase the popularity of bitcoin, but at the same time will give a legal base for collection of taxes with crypto, and that's very bad.

My government is still indifferent with bitcoin, so the possibility to legalize bitcoin here still takes a long time. When there is news that another country will legalize bitcoin, one thing that comes to my mind is the possibility for bitcoin demand will be higher, therefore, the price will surely rise. Of course it will make bitcoin holders feel happy including me. For now, I do not care about the other side effects.
Pages:
Jump to: