Pages:
Author

Topic: "Bret Lee Bitcoin charity For India" - page 2. (Read 237 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1344
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
April 28, 2021, 11:30:52 PM
This is very good for everyone, for the Bitcoin community and people of India too.
I hope those Bitcoin donations will get to proper hands and properly distributed for the people in need.

For those who are not aware, Brit Lee used this: (http://www.cryptorelief.in/), you can verify it to his tweet (https://twitter.com/BrettLee_58/status/1387017917376516102)

Btw, is/are there any organization that is a major focus on helping people in India now that you can donate, just like an alternative to what Bret Lee used (http://www.cryptorelief.in/))?
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
April 28, 2021, 05:34:41 PM
But in tough time of corona Pandemic a renowned Australian fast bowler who we remember from our childhood,Bret Lee has donated 1 Bitcoin to Indian government to fight with oxygen supply shortage which is equal to 40 Lakh INR approximately at current bitcoin prices.It is not big donation but the main point is charity done in bitcoin which remarks the Indian government who is moves to finalize crypto bills.
The BJP lead government really does not care about the people and they will not be transparent about the amount of money they get as donation as there is no audit for the money they get and we need a blockchain to monitor all the transactions but the problem is that they hate transparency and they hate bitcoin as well because every transaction is registered as a public audit  Tongue Cheesy. It is good to see that players are donating money in any asset class but the sad truth should be will the money be used to help people.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
April 28, 2021, 12:59:18 PM
Bitcoin is quite a popular topic these days whether related to its price, acceptance by major companies and government, mining related topics or others.But in tough time of corona Pandemic a renowned Australian fast bowler who we remember from our childhood,Bret Lee has donated 1 Bitcoin to Indian government to fight with oxygen supply shortage which is equal to 40 Lakh INR approximately at current bitcoin prices.It is not big donation but the main point is charity done in bitcoin which remarks the Indian government who is moves to finalize crypto bills.

“India has always been like a second home for me. The love and affection that I have got from the people of this country both during my professional career and even after my retirement, holds a special place in my heart,” wrote Brett Lee.

“It saddens me deeply to see people suffering due to the ongoing pandemic. I feel privileged to be in a position of making a difference and with that in mind, I’d like to donate 1 BTC (Bitcoin) (Around 41 Lakh INR) to Crypto Relief to help with the purchase of oxygen supplies for the hospitals across India.

It is good to see that charity and donations are being made in bitcoin because many still thinks that bitcoins are used for illicit activities on dark web only and with this initiative btc image might improve in the eyes of general public and its acceptance grow at faster level.

Source:Bret Lee donate Bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: