Pages:
Author

Topic: Bringing the blockchain to Islamic finance. - page 3. (Read 3305 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
November 08, 2017, 07:21:45 PM
  By the way, we definitely do need translations, so we could offer bounties for translations. We have offers for Croatian and Indonesian so far, but Russian, Turkish, Arabic, and Chinese would be excellent.

As for payment, high end professional translation goes for $20.

The pre sale and ICO should have a total supply of around 1,575,000. Total supply of coins when the blockchain goes live will be 21 million with a 15% premine. So if we hit the cap of funding token price would be $10, at 10% of cap it would be $1. So I would say let's consider early adopter bonus and say 20 tokens per page for translations.
November 08, 2017, 03:01:45 AM
This project keeps getting better and better. This is a huge marketing/signal boost.

Website should launch in the next few days.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
November 07, 2017, 01:37:40 PM
This project keeps getting better and better. This is a huge marketing/signal boost.
brand new
Activity: 0
November 06, 2017, 11:44:51 PM
where can I read about bounty?
November 07, 2017, 12:54:55 PM
where can I read about bounty?

Honestly we had not thought about bounties, what did you have in mind?
November 07, 2017, 12:51:33 PM
what will be price on ico?

We are still in tentative phases but it looks like all available tokens will be distributed according to percentage contributed.

For example: if 100 people each contribute 100 ETH, each will get 1% of the total tokens available.

However anyone who participates in the pre sale will get a 50% bonus.

This is still in the planning phase, so we may change it based on advice or feedback from the community.

Any opinions?
Activity: 34
November 05, 2017, 05:47:47 AM
Looks cool. I want to try this system out
November 05, 2017, 04:34:06 AM
By the way, anyone interested in translating this thread to Arabic, Urdu, or Turkish? Or Indonesian? Actually we could do a condensed and updated version too.
November 05, 2017, 04:20:57 AM
By the way, the link for the blog is

https://medium.com/ummati

Check out an article I wrote

“Do Muslims need their own cryptocurrency?” https://medium.com/ummati/do-muslims-need-their-own-cryptocurrency-9b7ff4c7e01d

Also, any opinions on the logo?

I think Muslims should have their own crypto currency and give a sign that Muslims exist, and nice logo

Thanks Satria, are you interested in joining us on slack?
Activity: 812
November 05, 2017, 03:37:54 AM

“Do Muslims need their own cryptocurrency?” https://medium.com/ummati/do-muslims-need-their-own-cryptocurrency-9b7ff4c7e01d

I think Muslims should have their own crypto currency and give a sign that Muslims exist, and nice logo
November 05, 2017, 03:14:04 AM

November 05, 2017, 03:05:57 AM
November 05, 2017, 02:55:38 AM
**********UPDATE************

Good  news, we have a mathemetician onboard to model our algorithms! We also have a similar project in conventional finance, topl, who agreed to let us fork their codebase, so we don't have to start from scratch.

Also we have someone who has built the algorithms for several coins who has agreed to help us formulate a theoretical sketch of the new consensus protocol.

On the marketing front website should be live within the next couple of days, and we also have a blog now. Oh yeah and a logo!

Please anyone who would like to contribute to the blog PM me!
By the way @kaltun I'll send slack link via PM.
i muslim too, i think this is interesthing project
do u have whitepapr, website or anything. bounty maybe??

We are currently working on the website. We have a filed patent for the structure of the process, and a draft of tve whitepaper. You could join our slack or telegram channel or pm me and I can send the patent and the draft of the whitepaper via whatsapp ir email.

if you are genuine about this, then count me in also ..

so many scammers come before, hope your riable......

I was affiliated with the Islamic Bank of Bitcoin before, which was the first cryptocurrency Islamic finance project in the world.

We ran into issues with our profit model- it wasn't really halal. So we suspended operations. I tried to come up with a new profit model at the time, but there was not really enough support to implement anything.

Now the situation has changed due to advances in colored coins, decentralized exchanges, and smart contracts, so I think we have a real, viable model. We will get the draft version of the whitepaper up on the website asap. I may post a copy here just in case. But what I hope you'll notice is that there is real innovative substance to this proposal. Meaning, this is not just 'bitcoin with a spin for Islamic banking' but it is an actual original proposal with unique value.

Also we are being fully transparent about our identities.
  We have a good marketing guy (Jeff), a tech guy (Kevin), and myself, the overall strategy and Islamic finance guy (Ibrahim) and we are all putting ourselves out there and starting a crowdfunding campaign to try to raise funds for an explainer video.

I'll link to the crowdfunding campaign when it's live, probably some time next week

Anyway, kaltun thanks for your interest, I hope you will consider joining the slack group.

thx for the reply , where can i find the slack invite? 

if you want i can do the dutch translation ( i even dont have to be payed , but its always good to be get payed for your efforts  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes )

i am watching this thread also Smiley

Very happy to have you along! We will make sure everyone contributes gets compensated via tokens at the least. It may be a choppy process assessing how much each contribution is worth (generally people tend to place higher value on their own contribution because it seems bigger from their own perspective) but we will try to make sure we arrive at something that everyone feels is at least fair.

If there are other expenses along the way, we can also band together and try to get fiat sent to where it needs to.

We got a contribution from one of our advisors, Jeff Stout, who is the inventor of the blended agent contact center and has been developing arbitrage bots in recent years, to pay for professional graphic design for our logo and branding.

The next priority is to create an animated explainer video to get people interested in the idea who would not make it through the white paper. We should be launching a crowdfunding campaign this week to make that happen.
   If anyone is putting considerable time and energy into this and has any issues like needing to pay some bills or something I am willing to contribute some fiat in emergency situations, but hopefully we can get some funding soon and have salaried positions.

Hopefully we can create something like 12 salaried spots at $20k a year via a pre ICO round and have some code and some basic prototype in less than a year to launch an ICO. I hope we can have a successful ICO before the bubble bursts, so time is a factor.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

We are currently working on the website. We have a filed patent for the structure of the process, and a draft of tve whitepaper. You could join our slack or telegram channel or pm me and I can send the patent and the draft of the whitepaper via whatsapp ir email.

I was affiliated with the Islamic Bank of Bitcoin before, which was the first cryptocurrency Islamic finance project in the world.

We ran into issues with our profit model- it wasn't really halal. So we suspended operations. I tried to come up with a new profit model at the time, but there was not really enough support to implement anything.

Now the situation has changed due to advances in colored coins, decentralized exchanges, and smart contracts, so I think we have a real, viable model. We will get the draft version of the whitepaper up on the website asap. I may post a copy here just in case. But what I hope you'll notice is that there is real innovative substance to this proposal. Meaning, this is not just 'bitcoin with a spin for Islamic banking' but it is an actual original proposal with unique value.

We have a good marketing guy (Jeff), a tech guy (Kevin), and myself, the overall strategy and Islamic finance guy (Ibrahim) and we are all putting ourselves out there and starting a crowdfunding campaign to try to raise funds for an explainer video.

I'll link to the crowdfunding campaign when it's live, probably some time next week

Anyway, kaltun thanks for your interest, I hope you will consider joining the slack group.

thx for the reply , where can i find the slack invite? 

if you want i can do the dutch translation ( i even dont have to be payed , but its always good to be get payed for your efforts  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes )

i am watching this thread also Smiley

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

Activity: 1189
Merit: 107
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Pages:
Jump to: