Pages:
Author

Topic: Browser app with a crypto wallet. - page 2. (Read 268 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 638
February 11, 2024, 02:04:01 PM
Other reason why the browser wallets are not good because they can get hacked, notwithstanding that other wallets can get hacked also but on a contrary the browser wallets are easier to hack as any one can or might use the browser on your phone and still have access to the wallet on it without your consent.
Those wallets should have some security in them. I mean a space for you to set a password where not everyone who accesses your browser can have access to it. Even if it has that, browser wallets are one of the wallets I can never advise anyone to make use of, especially for storing large amounts of crypto.

You make use of the same browser to access different sites, which makes it very easy for hackers to get to them, as you can't tell which link you might have mistakenly clicked on, which will drain up your crypto wallet without your notice.

The only time I have used one of these browser wallets was this one, which was as a result of trying to claim the free brave token that was being distributed for using the browser. Aside from that, I don't think those wallets are worth using for anything too serious for security reasons.
Activity: 182
Merit: 152
Sibi Dabo,,,,,,, Teme Ini Na Sime
February 11, 2024, 01:41:20 PM
Nonetheless, I checked the browser wallets and I tried to figure out some appurtenant features about the browser wallets but I noticed that Bitcoin wasn't among, so this makes me ask WHY? Although, you can check the browser wallet to see if Bitcoin is hidden somewhere that I couldn't find.

Because a Bitcoin wallet on a browser is totally unnecessary. With smart contract chains like Ethereum and Solana, they need to be integrated into browsers because they need to connect to DApp websites for them to work.

With bitcoin, it's mostly just sending and receiving BTC so having it in your browser is an unnecessary complication and unnecessary risk.
I get the point now. However a Bitcoiner have to look forward for more secured wallet than browser wallets as the browser wallets doesn't provide good security features to guide the support of Bitcoin but can secure altcoins with 80% of securities.
Meanwhile, Bitcoiners who's knows the importance of securities wants 100% secured wallet for themselves.

Imho Bitcoin users are a bit more security conscious than altcoin users.
And having a wallet in browser pretty much asks for troubles.

And while I am not sure what you mean by "browser wallet", Bitcoin wallets did exist as browser extensions (and some probably still do). Maybe you start looking from here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/web-browser-extension-wallets-for-btc-5302257
However, you are absolutely correct but why I called it the browser wallets is because the wallets are programmed on a browser.
Crocobit wallet
- it is a wallet there is not available on Google Chrome, and should be installed from developer mode (this is not recommended for non-advanced users)
- support BTC, ETH and all major block-chains

https://extension.crocobit.net/

Installation procedure
This is absolutely what I am talking about as I haven't find it any on a CHROME browser.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
February 11, 2024, 01:25:40 PM
Imho Bitcoin users are a bit more security conscious than altcoin users.
And having a wallet in browser pretty much asks for troubles.

And while I am not sure what you mean by "browser wallet", Bitcoin wallets did exist as browser extensions (and some probably still do). Maybe you start looking from here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/web-browser-extension-wallets-for-btc-5302257
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
February 11, 2024, 01:11:50 PM
Nonetheless, I checked the browser wallets and I tried to figure out some appurtenant features about the browser wallets but I noticed that Bitcoin wasn't among, so this makes me ask WHY? Although, you can check the browser wallet to see if Bitcoin is hidden somewhere that I couldn't find.

Because a Bitcoin wallet on a browser is totally unnecessary. With smart contract chains like Ethereum and Solana, they need to be integrated into browsers because they need to connect to DApp websites for them to work.

With bitcoin, it's mostly just sending and receiving BTC so having it in your browser is an unnecessary complication and unnecessary risk.
Activity: 182
Merit: 152
Sibi Dabo,,,,,,, Teme Ini Na Sime
February 11, 2024, 01:02:05 PM
I was making use of CHROME app while posting on Bitcointalk (BCT, BTT) but I was having some difficulty then I installed BRAVE browser app and I saw this, so I checked it was just a browsers crypto wallet. I checked and this was what I saw

However, I noticed that a brave browser wallets is not more secured compared to the THIN CLIENT wallet (electrum) because you will have to download other Bitcoin blockchains before you can start using the brave browser wallets. Other reason why the browser wallets are not good because they can get hacked, notwithstanding that other wallets can get hacked also but on a contrary the browser wallets are easier to hack as any one can or might use the browser on your phone and still have access to the wallet on it without your consent.
Seeing this makes me believed that other browsers have their own crypto wallet and also some newbies in particular which are new to Bitcoin has fallen for this mistakes as their misconceptions have lead them error- prone.
Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: