Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC as a national currency? - page 12. (Read 12591 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 2
December 23, 2017, 02:14:38 AM
BTC it could not be a national currency.
Many people dont have access on internet.
if the currency is digital many people will starve.
I guess 1/2 of the population.
Activity: 241
Merit: 100
December 23, 2017, 01:59:12 AM
So as far as we know BTC currency is growing wide, do you think there will be when it become a national currency?If yes, why?If not, why?

Maybe yes , cause btc have the potential to be a national currency .

That is not gonna happen, do you even think what will happen to bitcoin when it happens? Bitcoin will not be decentralized and the government will be messing with it until they are satisfied and a lot of bitcoin holders and investor will be affected. Bitcoin can be a global currency which I think is somewhat happening today, and I think that is great.
Activity: 72
Merit: 0
December 23, 2017, 01:50:15 AM
It is more like the people's currency rather than owned by one or some government. To think of it, bitcoin had already shaken the worlds currency and is still doing good.
Activity: 696
December 21, 2017, 06:19:31 AM
So as far as we know BTC currency is growing wide, do you think there will be when it become a national currency?If yes, why?If not, why?
I dont think bitcoin will become a national currency because as we know,  bitcoin has been used by many people around the world,  and each country's currency are backed by their government.
Activity: 364
Blockchain with VTOS energy
December 21, 2017, 05:41:04 AM
Maybe in the future bitcoins will become a national currency but as of today that is very impossible to happen. Not everyone can manage to earn bitcoins because they do not have enough money to invest or cannot even afford to have a decent computer.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
December 21, 2017, 04:16:22 AM
Bitcoin cannot be use as a national currency, because it has not been globally accepted yet.Also it cannot be used off-line, and the cost of internet will first be put into consideration. The non literate will have a challenge of managing their wallets.Government and Banks are not yet in support of cryptocurrency, when Bitcoin is Globally accepted it can also become a National currency. 
Activity: 116
December 21, 2017, 03:51:32 AM
Bitcoin is a much-needed digital currency that still does not enjoy a very positive attitude from people.
People are still quite reluctant, but in the future, it is very likely to become the national currency in some countries.

Just as in the case of bitcoin, on a smaller scale, it happened in the case of bank cards, where no one trusted in the beginning. Now everyone uses one. Do you think it is hard for people to become receptive to adopting this coin? I do not believe, especially because this  type of coins are not under the domination of governments.
Activity: 448
Merit: 281
December 21, 2017, 03:41:21 AM
I do not know how far this is. Currently Japan has officially announced the use of Bitcoin as a legitimate currency. Bitcoin regulation in Japan is governed by an agency that also manages the currency of the yen. The agency is named Financial Services Agency. Not only in Japan, some other countries also respond positively to the existence of Bitcoin.
Bitcoin can become a national currency and it will be in future I am not sure which country will make it but that country will be the best money making nation of the world and the fact is right everyone will apply for their visa to earn in their country and if I get a chance I also want to world in that region and chances are bright to this assumption also so wait and see which region will be the first to take initiative,
Activity: 169
December 20, 2017, 04:31:13 PM
There are many threats that bitcoin can give to a country especially the misuse of the coin in illegal things and the unstable price that can affect the economy if a large volume of it is inside the country.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
December 20, 2017, 03:18:39 PM
I think it will ever became a national currency. Not everything can become a national currency it needs respect and correct used to became one I can agree that Bitcoin solve a lot of problem with her being unsolved for ages but that doesn't mean it will became the national currency. National currency represents the nation and its people and we know that Bitcoin is not from Nation or any country it refers people from all over the world. Let's assume Bitcoin as a partnership company where everyone is a part of shareholder of a small share on that company.
Activity: 448
Merit: 60
imagine me
December 20, 2017, 03:03:58 PM
On this moment, Bitcoin cannot live to it's reputation as a new currency. With high fees and slow transactions BTC is facing right now; I see it only as a store of value like gold. But BTC is more usable than gold, you can send it to others via the internet easily, you just have to wait for it, unlike gold that is not easily transported and uses many papers just to transport it to another country or people, BTC is more convenient than gold.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
December 20, 2017, 01:58:30 PM
Bitcoin is a digital currency.you can use Bitcoin globally.

Honestly, pushing into a national currency as of this time is hard to tell but we are continuing to pursue to happened. What maybe the basis of this speculation to tell weather its a No,will comes out the circumstances of bitcoin having a volatile in its value.
Activity: 36
December 20, 2017, 01:38:10 PM
Bitcoin is a digital currency.you can use Bitcoin globally.
Activity: 56
Byteball: DAG, Built-in Chat, Conditional Payments
December 20, 2017, 01:15:33 PM
I think it is the future. But at the current conditions, you can't expect something like this to happen. Despite the fact that it is a great store of value, Bitcoin is not yet ready for thousands of microtransactions per second.

The good news is that we are getting closer and closer to having Lightning Network. Weeks ago we had the first LN transaction in the mainet. That's right, mainet, not testnet.
Activity: 238
Merit: 12
I was quet but i was not blind
December 20, 2017, 12:47:36 PM
lol maybe its 2020 btc is world number 1 currency
I think it will happen because now everyone is alert but the small question
is because the fee is higher  If the fee is low, there will be lots of things to use
Activity: 112
December 20, 2017, 12:23:03 PM

Maybe yes , cause btc have the potential to be a national currency .
Activity: 265
December 20, 2017, 10:27:33 AM

I think bitcoins cannot be a national currency simply because it is decentralized meaning thw government cannot have an involvement into this kind of thing so how can that be possible how about the taxes that the government are doing. If bitcoins will be a mational currency it means government cannot gave them taxes that is good for the people but not good for the country and the government will never let that happen and bitcoins on the other hand will not let them controled by the government. And the non stable value also of bitcoins will not be accepted by all of the people.
Activity: 294
Merit: 105
December 20, 2017, 09:50:56 AM
In my opinion, bitcoin can be a national currency because it is centralized and many people are now using it. Yes, bitcoin can be a national currency in this digital world, but if you are saying that real money vs. bitcoin as a national currency bitcoin has a lower chance to become a national currency. Some people, country, and establishment are still not accepting bitcoin.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
December 20, 2017, 08:56:29 AM
I don't think that there is any possibility that could happen as their is no government in their right mind and management that would allow something foreign to takeover and replace their current fiat currency. It is like accepting that your county and its economy can be controlled by other people even not your citizens. It could lead to a lot of abuse and possibly the downfall of that country. That is why making Bitcoin just as an official mode of payment is enough as it has its own limits by doing so.
Activity: 168
Merit: 14
December 20, 2017, 08:52:29 AM
A national currency using bitcoin? Well the central banks need to regulate it. Why? Because it is the job of the central bank to make sure the market and nations economy is doing great to fits the demand and supply to be used

I would say that the central bank is justan instrument to win elections, and they can´t do that with bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: