Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC as a national currency? - page 4. (Read 12591 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 512
February 21, 2018, 06:48:45 AM
So as far as we know BTC currency is growing wide, do you think there will be when it become a national currency?If yes, why?If not, why?

Bitcoin from what I am think its hard to be national currency. Its because in many country, they have infrastructur problem, beside that many people still have negative thinking about bitcoin or altcoin. But if bitcoin become investment portfolio, bitcoin is able to be regulated by goverment
Right in my place as well some people are in favor of bitcoin and some of them are bitcoin haters. Some of them are aware of bitcoin and some are not so it does not mean bitcoin is not having ability for being a national currency, it is all about the national progress and demand of bitcoin. I hope bitcoin will grow in demand then maybe government will make it legal and nation currency.
Activity: 378
Merit: 104
February 20, 2018, 03:46:22 PM
Official national currency or unofficial national currency? I'd say it's approaching unofficial.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 281
February 20, 2018, 11:11:10 AM
So as far as we know BTC currency is growing wide, do you think there will be when it become a national currency?If yes, why?If not, why?
It depends on the people in our society will prefer to use bitcoins than fiat money. Bitcoin will become international currency if all the people in the world will use bitcoin. I know it is hard to believe that the bitcoin will become international currency but I know that bitcoin has potential.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 20, 2018, 11:08:12 AM
My take on this is , I don't think Bitcoin is suitable to be a national currency, if it will be then it will be controlled by the nation's government which defeats the purpose of Bitcoin being decentralized. Plus, its value is very volatile, dependent on internet connection, transaction fees not suitable for everyday transactions. If shopping online and some other stuff why not. But for a national currency, I don't think so.
Activity: 140
Merit: 2
February 20, 2018, 08:13:00 AM
This can't be possible because governments are too hesitant to invest and recognize bitcoins. Bitcoin's volatility is the main problem and there are no market principles that can be attributed to bitcoins. Bitcoins are mere bubbles that will soon be invaluable.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
February 20, 2018, 06:31:15 AM

Bitcoin from what I am think its hard to be national currency. Its because in many country, they have infrastructur problem, beside that many people still have negative thinking about bitcoin or altcoin. But if bitcoin become investment portfolio, bitcoin is able to be regulated by goverment
As a national currency, seems very impossible but as an international tool to help transact that would happen.
Still the current different currencies will exist because the world is divided in countries and every country has their own currency, we should not
think the impossible, instead, think how blockchain could change the world.
Activity: 812
Merit: 11
February 19, 2018, 08:41:20 AM

Activity: 353
Merit: 4
February 19, 2018, 08:27:31 AM

Making bitcoin as a national currency is not a good idea, because bitcoin values ​​are unstable and that's very risky in the economy of the country. The value of bitcoin can indeed soar and it is very profitable, need to consider too, bitcoin is very risky.
Activity: 173
Merit: 10
February 18, 2018, 08:22:32 AM
I think no, because Bitcoin is a string of code generated through a complex algorithm, and does not have inherent value. Added that the virtual nature of digital currencies are their most significant characteristic.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
February 18, 2018, 08:19:09 AM
No, bitcoin cannot be our national currency because it could lead to its economic collapse. A deflationary nature of digital currencies would mean that they would not function well as a currency or medium of exchange in modern economies.
Activity: 134
ODEM.IO - UNLOCKING HIGHER EDUCATION
February 18, 2018, 07:21:02 AM
Bitcoin does not have the capability to become a national currency because not all people in the world can have access to bitcoin as well as to computers. Not all people does have an idea about bitcoin and does not know if bitcoin even exist.
Activity: 161
Merit: 0
February 18, 2018, 07:18:11 AM
National currency? I think it should not be by this time because o believe that there is a chance for bitcoin to come on that matter. Because we know that bitcoin is still not acceptable by globally. There are nations that totally against with bitcoin so they declared it as illegal, others declared it as legal, while the others are remain silent. This reasons is what I think is the big contribution for the possibility that bitcoin will become a national currency but not by this time.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
www.cd3d.app
February 18, 2018, 05:58:29 AM
I don't think bitcoin will become as a national currency because of it's price keep changing every minute it's a high risk for the community if the price would fall.
Activity: 173
Merit: 12
February 18, 2018, 05:33:29 AM
BTC has greater ambition than as a national currency. It wants to be the currency of the people and a currency that transcend borders.

For bitcoin to be officially recognized as one nation's currency would be for the govt to admit that they are not able to maintain credibility
of their own currency and have to adopt BTC as their national currency.. which nation do you think will do that?

anyway there is no need for BTC to be recognized as a nation's currency. What is needed is for cryptocurrencies to be accepted as one
of the medium of exchanges or as a type of financial asset that can be freely traded. This would be the win we want.
Activity: 168
Merit: 5
Now You Can Be The Bookmaker!
February 18, 2018, 05:26:45 AM
For me it is good to recognize bitcoin as a currency or as a legal tender. But to be recognize to replace the fiat currency of a country be the main currency, I think too many would disagree. Given that not all are technologically advanced yet, the stores , offices and any business establishment everywhere in my country, I think it is so hard to implement such idea.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
February 18, 2018, 05:13:00 AM

In my opinion, bitcoin can not be a national currency because the government has not supported bitcoin and can not accept bitcoin as currency or as payment.
I agree with you. First, the high transaction cost of bitcoin needs to be solved. Then the bitcoin price fluctuation will make it troublesome for a country to use it.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
February 18, 2018, 04:14:26 AM

In my opinion, bitcoin can not be a national currency because the government has not supported bitcoin and can not accept bitcoin as currency or as payment.
Activity: 261
Merit: 0
February 18, 2018, 01:53:44 AM

I do not think it's time for bitcoin to become a national currency, old bitcoin transactions will not be good and not practical if used for everyday transactions.
Activity: 322
February 17, 2018, 11:39:39 PM
No, bitcoin I do not think will be a national currency, maybe that will be adopted only, the chain block system only, because the chain block in my opinion will make the transaction becomes easier and safer and more environmentally friendly because there will not be many trees cut down to make money
Activity: 728
Merit: 263
February 17, 2018, 11:33:01 PM
At first, You have to understand that Bitcoin and other cryptos are a decentralized system so that it can't be the national currency after all. But this system is not suitable for a country's currency because it isn't a stable coin. If Bitcoin will be a currency of a country then people will face a lot of problems. That's why it should not be a currency of any country.
Pages:
Jump to: