Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-E Account containing 100 BITCOINS hacked! - page 2. (Read 2874 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Knowledge is Power
February 06, 2014, 01:15:41 AM
Hello,

I have been longtime BTC-E trader. Recently, a ton of yahoo accounts have been hacked and it's all over the news.

I was one of them. I foolishly used the same password to login to my email that i used to register my btc-e account..

The hacker was able to get into my email assocaited with my btc-e account and changed my security questions and backup email for that account. He then hacked into my btc-e account and changed the login information.

BTC-E has a two day withdrawal lock once a password is changed, I have been trying to get in contact with BTC-E over the past 12 hours and recieved not one responce, despite the fact I have entered over 10 tickets.

I have told them I can give any information they need to verify I am who I say I am. Including verifying my bitcoin address where I had deposited the 100 Bitcoins from and all other deposits I have made on the site. I can give them recent message history, trade history, and im using my home IP where I have logged into my account the majority of times.

I am completely stumped as to why I have not received any word from them?

I've contacted the police and made a report, I informed them of the situation and they opened a case file.
They told me to get in contact with Btc-e, which I have been trying to frantically all day and got not one word from them...

I advise all of you not to deposit anything into the site until this is resolved. I have been a BTC-E user for years and traded hundreds of bitcoins through the site and never would expect to be ignored from btc-e support.

Every method of contact I have tried, twitter, email, and made a ton of tickets.
I even messaged them on there account here, no word.

BTC-E, if your reading this, PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW ANY WITHDRAWS FROM MY ACCOUNT AND GET IN CONTACT WITH ME ASAP!!!

You hold 100 BTC on an exchange and don't use Google authenticator? That's like asking to get robbed.

Also, what makes you think the cops give a shit? Bitcoin is a decentralized currency and this is one of the downsides - the government can't control it, which also means they can't regulate it. Unless bitcoin is directly linked to something criminal (like selling drugs - aka Silk Road) law enforcement could care less.

I hope you get your money back but you really need to start using different (and sophisticated) passwords for different accounts and Google authenticator is a must.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
February 06, 2014, 01:10:49 AM
Resolved!
Pages:
Jump to: