Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-E price difference - page 2. (Read 2197 times)

legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
January 04, 2017, 04:56:47 AM
It is mainly due to two things one is high fee they have for both deposit and withdraw as well as there is delay in this process of deposit/withdraw. Even though price looks lower than other exchanger you have to pay high fees so that price will be almost near market price.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
January 04, 2017, 04:35:36 AM
Bitcoin is cheaper on BTC-E because getting cash in and out of the exchange is more difficult. I was confused by this at first too. Take note of the price now on BTC-E and on Coinbase. Then check back later on BTC-E and you'll notice it has caught up.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
:)
January 04, 2017, 04:08:28 AM
Is there a reason why the price on BTC-E is so much lower than the other exchanges?  It's currently trading at $1018 while Bitstamp is $1054.  The Chinese exchanges are even higher.  Couldn't someone just buy on BTC-E and sell on Bitstamp?  I'm assuming I'm missing something so if someone could explain this to me it would be much appreciated!
Buying BTC will cost few % fees and then selling them again will cost certain % fees too. That will cover up all the profit you might make when selling.
There are certain reasons why some exchange websites have a varying price range. It depends on several factors such as Price rates, website's fame and traffic, bonus offered by such websites, demands from customers and the admin's decision to increase sale. Personally, no fool would buy BTC now. The time to buy had long expired after BTC crossed the 840$ mark. You can hope to earn some coins now and wait for the perfect chance to sell again.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
January 04, 2017, 04:08:01 AM
Is there a reason why the price on BTC-E is so much lower than the other exchanges?  It's currently trading at $1018 while Bitstamp is $1054.  The Chinese exchanges are even higher.  Couldn't someone just buy on BTC-E and sell on Bitstamp?  I'm assuming I'm missing something so if someone could explain this to me it would be much appreciated!

I am not completely sure about the reason why there is such a big difference and I also have noticed it before. maybe lack of volume?!

but also no it is not possible to do arbitrage trading with btc-e and other exchanges such as bitstamp because the fiat deposit and withdrawals are extremely expensive there. you can check out their page on fees for more information https://btc-e.com/fees and that always makes it non profitable with this much difference.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
January 04, 2017, 04:01:01 AM
Of course you can buy from the one place and sell on the other,you just have to be fast enough to do it and if you are,then you can make some decent profit doing that,but bear in mind that there are some processes I think which have to be made before you can take your profits so it's better if you research the platform's policies before taking the step into trading so you don't end up stuck
Activity: 1148
Merit: 500
January 04, 2017, 03:55:56 AM
I think it depend on what location you are on or the place of the exhange. Its also depends on the demand of bitcoin in a country. BTC-E i think their base is from Bulgaria and Bitstamp is from Slovenia. These two are different in locations and different on demands of bitcoin. I think thats the reason why the price of bitcoin on BTC-E is different compare to other exchanges.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
January 04, 2017, 03:44:53 AM
Is there a reason why the price on BTC-E is so much lower than the other exchanges?  It's currently trading at $1018 while Bitstamp is $1054.  The Chinese exchanges are even higher.  Couldn't someone just buy on BTC-E and sell on Bitstamp?  I'm assuming I'm missing something so if someone could explain this to me it would be much appreciated!
Pages:
Jump to: