Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC ETF SEC APPROVED on MAY 15th - page 2. (Read 8815 times)

legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1069
May 15, 2017, 03:49:55 AM
It will be the same as before, etf will be rejected. And after so many times, I do not think etf acceptance or rejection will still have an effect on bitcoin. There is so many factors now that can affect the price positively. If etf got rejected again, it will not pull the price down.
Activity: 686
Merit: 521
May 15, 2017, 02:41:49 AM
Bitcoin is getting reconsidered once again do you think its going to get approved or denied? Approval does it mean BTC rockets up ? Denial does it mean it takes a dump like in March? May 15th is the last day of approval.
its just too soon for them to have a sudden change of heart dispite the rocketing prices but am certain we are getting the same answer for the
second time of asking.

Interesting poll going on here: https://twitter.com/themerklenews/status/863701606990176256 clearly most users do not favour bureaucracy
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
May 14, 2017, 11:58:44 PM
Hoping to be approved by this time despite of disapproving so many times, and if that happens bitcoin price will suddenly blow its price and thats the thing ive been waiting for.
Let's hope for the best. In reality during the past appeals for Etf several statements have been put forth that need to be fulfilled to get it approved. This time the time gap between consecutive appeals is very low to fulfill all the necessity. So this time too everything is gonna be an expectation till revealed about the result.

as far as i can remember last time they rejected ETF with main reason being "it is not regulated" and also "the price is too volatile" and nothing about these two have changed, bitcoin is not regulated yet and price is still volatile.
so unless there is something more that i don't know, they will reject it once again.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
May 14, 2017, 11:43:17 PM
Hoping to be approved by this time despite of disapproving so many times, and if that happens bitcoin price will suddenly blow its price and thats the thing ive been waiting for.
Let's hope for the best. In reality during the past appeals for Etf several statements have been put forth that need to be fulfilled to get it approved. This time the time gap between consecutive appeals is very low to fulfill all the necessity. So this time too everything is gonna be an expectation till revealed about the result.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
May 14, 2017, 11:35:41 PM
It wont happen
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
May 14, 2017, 11:11:59 PM

That would just be a speculation bubble because people would assume that more people would invest in bitcoins. Anyone can invest right now and absolutely nothing is stopping them, so how would this actually change anything?
Activity: 1008
Merit: 500
May 14, 2017, 11:01:29 PM
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
May 14, 2017, 10:54:26 PM
Virtually no chance it gets approved

They are bureaucrats, no chance of them saying they made a mistake and will approve this imho.

Especially, I think it has been less than 90 days since last rejection

Agree they may add a few statements regarding recent events but I presume the status quo will remain as is.
Although we will know for certain tomorrow what the plan is regarding this ETF application.

So will the price of bitcoin drop if the etf is not approved or is the price already built in? The price is still pretty high right now, so I think it could still drop.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
May 14, 2017, 09:47:29 PM

They are bureaucrats, no chance of them saying they made a mistake and will approve this imho.

Agree they may add a few statements regarding recent events but I presume the status quo will remain as is.
Although we will know for certain tomorrow what the plan is regarding this ETF application.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
May 14, 2017, 09:28:13 PM

Activity: 334
Merit: 250
May 14, 2017, 09:00:12 PM
I totally agree with mindrust. ETF approval would twist bitcoin into something completely opposite of what it's been created for, and soon take away the freedom it strives to bring us. It'll become just another disposable gambling game for banksters backed up by corrupted governments. I simply can't believe that some of you people are actually hoping that it happens.

Which freedom we exactly got from Bitcoin and how it is destroyed with the ETF?

I am amazed that you, as bitconer, ask such things. We ain't there yet of course, but it's the freedom from exploitation by the banksters. Yeah, same those organized criminal minds some of you people are inviting with that ETF bullshit - which I hope, never gets green light. Some day we can and should become mainstream, but on our terms. Not theirs.

People are happy because institutional capital will make sure the price eventually will reach levels beyond what people consider realistic at this point.

Sure, but it is short-sighted and with all due respect - not very smart view. We could destroy one really great idea, for what? Peanuts.

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
May 14, 2017, 07:19:34 PM
I totally agree with mindrust. ETF approval would deform bitcoin into something completely opposite of what it's been created for, and soon take away the freedom it strives to bring. It'll become just another disposable gambling toy for banksters backed up by corrupted governments. I simply can't believe that some of you people are actually hoping that it happens.

People are happy because institutional capital will make sure the price eventually will reach levels beyond what people consider realistic at this point. If you ask people if they want to see the price reach $15,000 or $20,000 at some point, they obviously won't say no. But indeed, in worst case scenario Bitcoin will become a toy for institutions and whatever other big money entities. I personally don't have any problems with that, but I understand why others may not really like this. Either way, with or without ETF's - current holders will win big time.
Activity: 756
May 14, 2017, 07:08:50 PM
I totally agree with mindrust. ETF approval would twist bitcoin into something completely opposite of what it's been created for, and soon take away the freedom it strives to bring us. It'll become just another disposable gambling game for banksters backed up by corrupted governments. I simply can't believe that some of you people are actually hoping that it happens.

Which freedom we exactly got from Bitcoin and how it is destroyed with the ETF?
Activity: 334
May 14, 2017, 06:44:10 PM
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
May 14, 2017, 11:28:04 AM
I hope Sec will reject one time again,current price rise has nothing with EFT.It is all about technology improvement

there is no technology improvement. there is also no technology improvement on the horizon. i also think that anyone buying with etf expectations is about as stupid as can be.
Correction: it is not necessarily because bitcoin is better, it is because bitcoin awareness is raising and adoption is growing, even despite the fact that technology being BTC is still the same.
Don't forget that Australia will accept Bitcoin as fully legal payment method, we should expect another BTC price surge after that.
that's right mate, after we seen australia and japan adoption of bitcoin the value really surge up, what if more big countries like them will
start to embrace the system hope big bitcoin can be? no question about the price surge but we should start to contributing and allow more
investors to join so they can also got something from this good investment that we have.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
May 14, 2017, 11:21:26 AM
And when will we get results to react immediately? No one knows?
By the time you as average Bitcoiner finds out the result, it's most likely already too late to act. Never wait for something to happen, always act in advance.

If you think that a positive/negative statement from the SEC will impact the market significantly, then you have to take action right now since we're less than 48 hours away from this event.
Just hold to win. Short if you like losing.
Long term for sure, but there are enough speculators looking to gamble on a certain outcome by opening or closing positions.

Just think about it, the chances for the ETF to remain rejected are higher than it miraculously getting approved. It will be an easy choice for people if they do happen to take action.

I personally won't do anything in relation to this event as I prefer to keep hodling.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
May 14, 2017, 10:35:04 AM
ETF approval would be the end of bitcoin. This shit is even more dangerous than Jihan WU to me. You guys are waiting for it to be approved and seeing it as a good thing but it is not. Hope for the best so it will never ever get approved. If they deny it, because of people like you; prices fall down a little. Maybe a couple of hundreds. No big deal. But if it gets approved;

Bitcoin will be just another toy for the Bankers to play with.

Right now, we are able to buy&and sell bitcoin itself. It is an honest trade. You know what you buy, you know what you sell. When bitcoin gets approved as an ETF, there will be many artificial markets built upon bitcoin.

Derivatives.

When you hear the term, "derivative", you should run a thousand miles away from there. Here is a couple of articles about the derivatives and how they fuck us:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-24/derivatives-market-about-implode-big-banks-again
http://investmentwatchblog.com/the-root-cause-of-the-2008-financial-meltdown-derivatives/
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/economics/09/subprime-market-2008.asp

https://youtu.be/uCfSmjd3YuQ

Bonus read: https://www.sunshineprofits.com/gold-silver/dictionary/gold-manipulation/
Activity: 392
May 14, 2017, 10:16:05 AM
By the time you as average Bitcoiner finds out the result, it's most likely already too late to act. Never wait for something to happen, always act in advance.

If you think that a positive/negative statement from the SEC will impact the market significantly, then you have to take action right now since we're less than 48 hours away from this event.
Just hold to win. Short if you like losing.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
May 14, 2017, 10:04:35 AM

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
May 14, 2017, 09:52:24 AM
I hope Sec will reject one time again,current price rise has nothing with EFT.It is all about technology improvement

there is no technology improvement. there is also no technology improvement on the horizon. i also think that anyone buying with etf expectations is about as stupid as can be.
Correction: it is not necessarily because bitcoin is better, it is because bitcoin awareness is raising and adoption is growing, even despite the fact that technology being BTC is still the same.
Don't forget that Australia will accept Bitcoin as fully legal payment method, we should expect another BTC price surge after that.
Pages:
Jump to: