Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC ETF SEC APPROVED on MAY 15th - page 4. (Read 8815 times)

Activity: 165
Merit: 101
May 01, 2017, 04:03:56 PM
I disagree once coin was not approved the price did decrease but then rebounded very fast, much more quickly then many thought thus showing the stability of bitcoin. If not approved again by sec I see no change in price.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 510
May 01, 2017, 03:45:15 PM
This recent increase in Bitcoin price could be due to speculation that the upcoming ETF vote. If it's not approved, the price could drop a lot.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
kittiefight.io Combat MMO Lending Jackpots
April 30, 2017, 06:49:26 PM
great step forward but the problem still is the decision of SEC.  I only see anothe set back becaue since March 10 where Bitcoin proposal were rejected, there is not much of changes in bitcoin, worst its political drama worsen, lots of exploits and bugs have been added to the con list of bitcoin.  The only positive thing is the acknowledgement of Japan to bitcoin being money.  Aside from that everything is the same.  So I guess SEC decision will stay the same.
May i ask what exploit and bugs are you talking about.Not only Japan accepted bitcoin, Russia too changed its policy and that might not deter the decision of SEC but lets hope for the best and does the bugs you are talking about limited to BU and if that is the case it has nothing to do with bitcoin as it is just a shill party trying their amateur skills to find a solution for the scaling issues.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1153
April 30, 2017, 06:17:27 PM
On March 10 There are an article that handed a proposal to the SEC, but The SEC just handed Bitcoin a huge setback, The Securities and Exchange Commission has denied the application for the Winklevoss Bitcoin Trust ETF, in a stunning defeat for its founders, due to the unregulated nature of Bitcoin. The result is a major setback for the fund, and a frustrating false start for the crypto-currency at large. but if this is a proposal once again lets just hope it gets approval it will be a great step forward for bitcoin it this continued. 

It maybe one great step forward but the problem still is the decision of SEC.  I only see anothe set back becaue since March 10 where Bitcoin proposal were rejected, there is not much of changes in bitcoin, worst its political drama worsen, lots of exploits and bugs have been added to the con list of bitcoin.  The only positive thing is the acknowledgement of Japan to bitcoin being money.  Aside from that everything is the same.  So I guess SEC decision will stay the same.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
April 30, 2017, 05:46:57 PM
Has anything changed since the last time it was rejected? 

Absolutely nothing. People just like to grab something to hold on to in the hope that the price will increase further than it has done already. It's pure greed. It's funny how people after the rejection say that Bitcoin doesn't need an ETF, that it didn't have any impact on the price, etc, while they now think it will give the price a massive boost. People here are nothing more than a bunch of sheeps. They are just following each other because they don't know what to do or think themselves.
BS. An ETF means more $ flowing into BTC. Fact. So it would a good for the price short term. BTC doesnt need an ETF because its doing fine without it.

Read properly! Did I say it wouldn't have a positive effect on the price? Or that the ETF is no good? I was just stating what others are saying. I have always been a fan and a supporter of an ETF as this will allow institutional money to flow into Bitcoin. It's a big deal, but the sheeps I was referring to didn't see any value in this ETF back then, but now they suddenly do. It's a complete 360 shift.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
April 30, 2017, 03:59:59 PM
Bitcoin is getting reconsidered once again do you think its going to get approved or denied? Approval does it mean BTC rockets up ? Denial does it mean it takes a dump like in March? May 15th is the last day of approval.
We thought that the last time was the last time Wink and now we are getting another take on ETF.
One is certain, even if this fund won't be approved the mere fact that SEC is not refusing to work on it is pleasing.
That means that  there is a slight hope for ETF to be approved in the future. Just don't expect it will be in May.
Activity: 252
April 30, 2017, 03:06:43 PM
On March 10 There are an article that handed a proposal to the SEC, but The SEC just handed Bitcoin a huge setback, The Securities and Exchange Commission has denied the application for the Winklevoss Bitcoin Trust ETF, in a stunning defeat for its founders, due to the unregulated nature of Bitcoin. The result is a major setback for the fund, and a frustrating false start for the crypto-currency at large. but if this is a proposal once again lets just hope it gets approval it will be a great step forward for bitcoin it this continued. 
Let me tell you one thing lets say that bitcoin does not need ETF to begin with to grow further but if SEC comes up with a decision to allow ETF for bitcoin then it will be a positive step and we can expect a big flow of investment in it which in turns reflects in the price of bitcoin,the possibility of approval is slim as i do not know whether there is any drastic changes in the outlook of bitcoin in the eyes of SEC.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
April 30, 2017, 11:17:30 AM
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
April 30, 2017, 10:50:37 AM
Bitcoin is getting reconsidered once again do you think its going to get approved or denied? Approval does it mean BTC rockets up ? Denial does it mean it takes a dump like in March? May 15th is the last day of approval.

No way we are going to see the ETF approved. If I could I would short BTC once it gets rejected, but im not sure 100% so im not going to risk losing a lot of money. I'll just continue watching the show from the sidelines while holding, and if it crashes as hard as the last ETF rejection of the Winklevoss, im going to buy more because as we saw the last time, those opportunities are very rare and get bought back real fast.

I agree with that. The fundamental problem of the bitcoin as pointed out in the last verdict wold not be solved in two months.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
April 30, 2017, 10:20:32 AM

No way we are going to see the ETF approved. If I could I would short BTC once it gets rejected, but im not sure 100% so im not going to risk losing a lot of money. I'll just continue watching the show from the sidelines while holding, and if it crashes as hard as the last ETF rejection of the Winklevoss, im going to buy more because as we saw the last time, those opportunities are very rare and get bought back real fast.
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
April 29, 2017, 12:42:28 PM
http://www.coindesk.com/sec-orders-review-winklevoss-bitcoin-etf-rejection/

More info above, I also don't think it will be approved. Then they will have to approve the Ethereum ETF as well.
I also think that having an ETF could spell disaster for Bitcoiners as we would see a lot of money influx from wall street and institutional speculators.
Once that happens it'll be very easy for them to manipulate the price.

Agree with you. I dont even trust Bitcoin how SEC does it? This market might manipulate easily. We got long time. we need to dealt with improving blockchain techo. just investor can't grow up BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
April 29, 2017, 12:09:33 AM
http://www.coindesk.com/sec-orders-review-winklevoss-bitcoin-etf-rejection/

More info above, I also don't think it will be approved. Then they will have to approve the Ethereum ETF as well.
I also think that having an ETF could spell disaster for Bitcoiners as we would see a lot of money influx from wall street and institutional speculators.
Once that happens it'll be very easy for them to manipulate the price.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
April 28, 2017, 07:23:14 AM
I dont care what even it approved or not bitcoins will continue well it will be a long process for etf to be approved .
If it will be approved sure it will have a big impact in bitcoin price growth .

i agree with Apened said, we already know that ETF is rejected in march but the price is increase from that moment although there is a dump between march-april that is happen, but the price still going up until now and now the price is reach at $14xx. i don't think that after may 15th, the decision about bitcoin will be rejected rejected again like before, the price will getting up because some of people don't want to see the price is getting down even for just $10-$20 for down. but i think, lets we wait for that moment and meanwhile, we can continue to do trading bitcoin-usd or bitcoin-altcoin to reach more profit.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 504
April 28, 2017, 06:58:59 AM
I dont care what even it approved or not bitcoins will continue well it will be a long process for etf to be approved .
If it will be approved sure it will have a big impact in bitcoin price growth .
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
April 28, 2017, 05:27:52 AM
The approval has been rejected last time, it will be rejected this time, and the next few times as well.
But as it seems every try gives a boost to bitcoin price.
Bitcoin does not drop back after a rejection as much as it has climbed up before.

Activity: 392
April 28, 2017, 05:19:26 AM

Absolutely nothing. People just like to grab something to hold on to in the hope that the price will increase further than it has done already. It's pure greed. It's funny how people after the rejection say that Bitcoin doesn't need an ETF, that it didn't have any impact on the price, etc, while they now think it will give the price a massive boost. People here are nothing more than a bunch of sheeps. They are just following each other because they don't know what to do or think themselves.
BS. An ETF means more $ flowing into BTC. Fact. So it would a good for the price short term. BTC doesnt need an ETF because its doing fine without it.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
April 28, 2017, 05:09:43 AM

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
April 28, 2017, 04:48:25 AM
Has anything changed since the last time it was rejected?  Volatility is still high, or at least has the potential to be very high, see post the last SEC decision.
It is still dominated by China.  It is still largely unregulated. There is still a good chance that it will fork in the near future.

I don't think it will be approved, no. I also don't really think that it should be approved. After reading the last decision document, I felt all the points they made were fair!
Activity: 910
Merit: 523
April 28, 2017, 04:42:31 AM
Why do you say "approved"? May has yet to come and nothing is certain but if any announcement of approval or rejection will be out in May 15TH.
Given the recent news about Nevada and adoption of bitcoin as a real world currency in digital form in Japan and given the increase in price worldwide I assume this time big whales are with much more hope than the last times.
This is really pathetic though, we're here to establish a decentralized banking system and yet are depending on the blessing of centralized governments.

Bitcoin ETF Has been rejected for the umpteenth time due to bitcoin has lack of market surveillance and regulation. Bitcoin price always fluctuate and could be manipulated by big whales or people who have huge amounts of bitcoin. But, as SEC intends to review their last decision, bitcoin may have another chance whether to be approved or rejected again : http://www.coindesk.com/sec-orders-review-winklevoss-bitcoin-etf-rejection/
We can't really secede from centralized government and banks system as bitcoin price and people who trade depend on fiat money and exchanges using banks services to deposit and withdrawal fiat money.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1213
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
April 27, 2017, 11:06:43 PM
An ETF approval by the SEC would be nice, but isn't a necessity for the bitcoin price to continue its increase.
As quoted an Etf approval is good for bitcoin to take bitcoin to the next level of usability and make it more popular and get more trust. At the same there is no compulsion that it needs the approval to move forward in the growing path with price increase.
Pages:
Jump to: