Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC Futures Manipulation - page 3. (Read 425 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252
January 13, 2020, 04:14:02 AM
Future manipulation is unpredictable on anyone. Because BTC is a decentralized platform so huge investors are easily manipulate the BTC. Nowadays market stability is depends on BTC pump and dump so we can survive any situation because of crypto potential. I hope every year some countries are legalised in BTC so every year we some positive uptrend. Once it will globalized, manipulation will never occur.

Manipulation by price pump and dump will be always happen because there are already too many people are holding thousands BTC and i'm sure they're making a group of people who can control market movement. I'm sure a big group of whales could posses 1 mil BTC and when they move the market must be going crazy either it's pump or dump
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
January 13, 2020, 02:29:46 AM
Big whale can manipulate coin price easily especially during non peak period eg. holiday season or midnight when everyone sleeping. They just need to pump or dump BTC for few minutes to make good fortune.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
January 12, 2020, 11:07:46 PM
Future manipulation is unpredictable on anyone. Because BTC is a decentralized platform so huge investors are easily manipulate the BTC. Nowadays market stability is depends on BTC pump and dump so we can survive any situation because of crypto potential. I hope every year some countries are legalised in BTC so every year we some positive uptrend. Once it will globalized, manipulation will never occur.
Activity: 67
Merit: 6
January 12, 2020, 09:52:25 PM
Hey everyone. I wanted to get your take on this because i want to figure out how it works exactly.

So BTC futures is betting on the price of BTC going up or down (Long or short)

So lets say someone who has 1B in USD funds and they buy 1B worth of BTC on an exchange such as Binance or Kraken etc.

And if they were to long the price of BTC BEFORE buying up all of those BTC @ 100x leverage

So lets say they have 100BTC Long position using 100x leverage , and they buy up 1B worth of BTC on an exchange , and the price of BTC goes up lets say 1% , would that mean that they would double their original Long BTC position from 100 -> 200 BTC?

And then when they do that, could they short it using 100x leverage and sell all of their BTC at the same time and make the price fall to liquidate all of the Long positions to net them 400 BTC (Assuming they used their 200 BTC from their long position to open a short position?)

Is this illegal in any way at this point in time? And if this is legal , Whats to stop people with lots of money to do this?

Is this why the price of BTC is down because there are people doing this?

And if this is the case , how can we stop people from doing this or is there no other way around this?

Pages:
Jump to: