Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC: Large upward move is emminent - page 3. (Read 390 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
February 09, 2018, 08:43:03 PM
There are great signs that BTC will experience a large boost very shortly.

If you have been watching the recent financial markets you are certainly aware of the large downtrend in the Dow Jones. Just a comparison: one percentage point drop in the dow jones corresponds to a loss of about 70bn in market capitalization. And over the last few days, the Dow is down by 10%.

And in the meantime, BTC has been ... going up.

Until now, serious investors were happy riding the upward trend in the normal financial markets. With the recent downturn, investors will be looking for alternative assets to invest in. BTC in particular and crypto-markets in particular will be noticed as uncorrelated to the normal financial markets and thus as an interesting asset class for diversification purposes.

Particularly if the Dow contains dropping while BTC remaining flat or increasing, more and more traditional investors will move their money into the crypto markets. When this happens the new money will significantly push up the price of BTC.

Great times ahead!

I think traditional investors have already putting up money in the crypto market specially in the last half of the year. Only it have been sensationalized in last quarter of the last year, specially in December. So I wouldn't be surprised at investors finding other ways to diversify their portfolio including crypto. But I still do think that they will ride this dip in the stocks, then investing all of their funds in bitcoin or other cryptos. They will waited it out see what's the current sentiments and then pour it whether in stocks or gold or crypto itself. I would still be cautious and not say that the price of bitcoin will be push by them. At this stage, everyone is not willing not unless they are sure that their money will grow either short or long term.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
February 09, 2018, 07:35:34 PM

If you have been watching the recent financial markets you are certainly aware of the large downtrend in the Dow Jones. Just a comparison: one percentage point drop in the dow jones corresponds to a loss of about 70bn in market capitalization. And over the last few days, the Dow is down by 10%.

Until now, serious investors were happy riding the upward trend in the normal financial markets. With the recent downturn, investors will be looking for alternative assets to invest in. BTC in particular and crypto-markets in particular will be noticed as uncorrelated to the normal financial markets and thus as an interesting asset class for diversification purposes.

Particularly if the Dow contains dropping while BTC remaining flat or increasing, more and more traditional investors will move their money into the crypto markets. When this happens the new money will significantly push up the price of BTC.

Great times ahead!

I have read the same stance in one website but I totally forgot the link. It says about a correlation between stocks and crypto and its makes sense that investors are looking for other assets like cryptos or gold. I don't know why stocks are going down though, but as least getting investors to shift their funds to crypto will be a good thing for us. And this should be a practice for every successful trader, if one market is down, better shuffle and move your invested. I also like to think that maybe we could get some Gold investors. This will result to another exponential growth in the future.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
February 09, 2018, 06:27:58 PM
What about all those traders who are predicting a downward move? I mean it's not uncommon nowadays to hear about $5000 in the trading corner. It might be their wishful thinking, but they'd most likely be ridiculed if the rest of us did not see a possibility of them being right. To give you an example:
https://uk.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/xIe8gV7M-BEARISH-ON-BITCOIN-FULL-ARTICLE/
https://uk.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/uk6ZY2Zw-BTC-crash-to-6-5k/
https://uk.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/PadVXOJO-Do-not-get-caught-up-in-the-hype/

They are predicting a drop to retest the lower supports at 6k and it's hard to find a bullish prediction lately, at least on tradingview.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
February 09, 2018, 05:22:45 PM
Traditional investors are aware that crypto has already garnered massive interest from all over the world, and that means more money for them if they entered at the right time. The hundreds of billions of dollars wiped out of cryptospace in a span of a month *could* be regained if the money from the Dow continues to be pulled off and move it to crypto, and smart investors knew that the stocks aren't the best place to put their money in given the current market conditions. It seems that the most viable options they have right now are bitcoin and gold, but I'm not so sure about the latter, and the former being a likely option given its steal price.
Activity: 868
Merit: 185
Roobet supporter and player!
February 09, 2018, 04:30:43 PM
I am not aware of Dow Jones but I heard it from my colleagues. But as what I've noticed in the topic I consider Dow as one of the factor that affects in the market prices. It also affects the volatility of bitcoin in the past few years.
Activity: 252
Merit: 47
February 09, 2018, 04:08:00 PM

This will likely turn out to be just an instance of wishful thinking. If markets continue to crash, crypto will get affected too and in the negative way obviously. The recent Bitcoin crash from $9,000 to $6,000 may have been caused by the same forces which put other markets under fire so it will suffer as well. People will run for dollars as well as bonds and likely for gold too. Bitcoin is just too speculative to be used as a safe haven in this case.

Well, yes. There is of course a modicum of wishful thinking in it. However, I did not notice a positive correlation between stock market and crypto markets. If there is a correlation at all, it might even be negative, thus supporting the diversification argument (there are not enough severe downturns in the stock market yet to show the relationship with high statistical significance)

The BTC volatility is indeed a problem for serious adoption. But even if just a small portion of stock inverstors take an interest in cryptos, it might be sufficient to provide the boost I am talking about. We'll see soon, I guess.
Activity: 462
Merit: 515
February 09, 2018, 03:52:12 PM

This will likely turn out to be just an instance of wishful thinking. If markets continue to crash, crypto will get affected too and in the negative way obviously. The recent Bitcoin crash from $9,000 to $6,000 may have been caused by the same forces which put other markets under fire so it will suffer as well. People will run for dollars as well as bonds and likely for gold too. Bitcoin is just too speculative to be used as a safe haven in this case.
February 09, 2018, 03:19:30 PM

Great times ahead!

I'm sure some money will flow out of the stock markets and in to the crypto market but I doubt it will be all that much. Lots of money is flowing out of the Dow and other similar indexes or stocks in general and in to safer assets such as government bonds, this is because it's expected that the FED will increase interest rates more than was initially anticipated in the next year.

Two years ago, I would have agreed with you. Crypto's in general and BTC in particular became however massivly more popular (or at least more widely known) over the last 24 months. Thus, many more investors have at least some awareness of the crypto market. Now, that the Dow is going down investors are more incentivized to look at alternatives. I am not saying the usual stock - bond movements will be replaced by a stock - crypto movement (would be great, but I'm not that naive). But cryptos offer now a real choice.
Activity: 279
Merit: 16
February 09, 2018, 03:09:53 PM

Great times ahead!

I'm sure some money will flow out of the stock markets and in to the crypto market but I doubt it will be all that much. Lots of money is flowing out of the Dow and other similar indexes or stocks in general and in to safer assets such as government bonds, this is because it's expected that the FED will increase interest rates more than was initially anticipated in the next year.
February 09, 2018, 02:58:15 PM

Great times ahead!
Pages:
Jump to: