Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC limit for "large withdrawals" on Bitstamp - page 2. (Read 7860 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
No idea about the pseudo coin, but Bitstamp is not located in the US nor is its bank.

Indeed. They are based in Slovenia (next to North-East Italy)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wwwbitstampnet-bitcoin-exchange-site-for-usdbtc-38711

The FinCen guidance is irrelevant to them.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
No idea about the pseudo coin, but Bitstamp is not located in the US nor is its bank.
vip
Merit: 1043
👻
FYI, Bitstamp is most likely in violation of US laws because it is a Ripple gateway and issues bearer instruments of USD and other fiat currencies without appropriate licensing.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Martijn Meijering
Either way I would recommend against putting any money into Bitstamp until this is resolved.
legendary
But this doesnt make any sense, if they would be short of anything, it should be Fiat, considering the recent development.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Martijn Meijering
More people, myself included,  are having trouble, and not just with large amounts. It looks as if their hot wallet is empty and I'm starting to have doubts about their cold wallet too. I think they should post read only wallets of both. I'd certainly encourage people not to use exchanges that don't.
legendary
As i understand it Bitstamp processes large withdrawals manually.
It took 7h yesterday for the transfer to just being initiated.

Does anybody know what they consider "large"?
Pages:
Jump to: