Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC Paper Wallet Recovery - page 2. (Read 397 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 7
October 01, 2023, 07:21:32 AM
Thanks everyone. As much as it pains me, I will walk away from this and put it down to a very expensive experience.

What about bitaddress.org as a paper wallet generator. This time, of course, I will generate the wallet offline. Is this still asking for trouble or should I stick to hardware like ledger?
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
October 01, 2023, 07:10:09 AM
@OP: Please obfuscate the scam wallet site, don't reward them with another backlink from Bitcointalk.

Unfortunately, that and another paper wallet site have been known for (selective) scamming for years. And any recover "offer" is a scam too. That's not how Bitcoin works.
Your money is gone Sad Don't throw more money in the pit.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1213
Call your grandparents and tell them you love them
October 01, 2023, 07:01:26 AM
Thank you for your reply, I was afraid of that verdict. Do you think it's not worth using a hacking website like the one I mentioned? Or am I throwing good money after bad?
I can give a good example of a specific type of scam here.

Once there were many HYIP/MLM websites that used to pop up, run for a month or two and then one fine morning shut down without a trace leaving the investors on this forum discussing about where their money vanished. A few days later a website claiming to recover money lost on that site comes up and asks for a small fee from everyone in order to get their money back. The ones who do that, are hopeful that this "recovery service" will help them, but after a few days even the "recovery service" stop responding.

I prefer to call this the recovery scam. It is common when people are in a chaos and emotional about lost money. Whether it is applicable in your case - I think you have already understood that. Remember that to keep bitcoin secure you need to secure your devices, how you generate and store your keys, what shit you download from the internet. So called people who hack and recover stuff are mostly charlatans.
October 01, 2023, 06:44:00 AM
Thank you for your reply, I was afraid of that verdict. Do you think it's not worth using a hacking website like the one I mentioned? Or am I throwing good money after bad?
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
October 01, 2023, 06:29:21 AM
Apparently, that platform is not trustworthy. There have been multiple incidents where people lost their funds as you can see here[1][2][3]. I doubt anyone could help you recover the funds if the transaction has already been confirmed.

[1] https://coinmarketcap.com/community/articles/64c2405dce5a541a0fd5505e/
[2] https://medium.com/mycrypto/disclosure-key-generation-vulnerability-found-on-walletgenerator-net-potentially-malicious-3d8936485961
[3] https://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/rueeos/warning_major_paper_wallet_generator_sites_are/
October 01, 2023, 06:26:40 AM
Hi guys, can someone help me? Here's a background.

* Paper wallet generated from dot_walletgenerator_dot_net
* Funds have been sent to this wallet over the past two years.
* 7 days ago, wallet was wiped out.
* Balance is now zero

Thinking back, I believe the mistake was made when generating the wallet. Instead of going offline, the wallet was generated while still connected to the Internet.

What are the chances of the BTC being recovered. I saw a company called hireahacker(.)com which appears to be genuine but in this type of marketplace how can you be sure? I would be very grateful for any opinions and more importantly whether there's any hope in recovering the stolen Bitcoins.

Thank you in advance.
Pages:
Jump to: