Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC payment only? - page 5. (Read 2356 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 100
March 18, 2018, 10:38:14 AM
BTC's last use should be as payment and investment, BTC as payment method, which can be more acceptable.

Bitcoin can be used to pay for the following benefits:
- Bitcoin makes trading happen fast
- Bitcoin trading at extremely low cost
- Confidential information can not be stolen using Bitcoin
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
March 18, 2018, 10:34:40 AM
BTC is actually not very practical for payments and transactions for 2 reasons :

* High transaction costs
* Slow confirmation times
I think bitcoin is suitable for large payments. With Bitcoin you can conduct transactions all over the world extremely fast at extremely low cost, guaranteeing privacy and high security. Particularly, in addition to the purchase, you can also create your own Bitcoin thanks to a powerful enough computer.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
March 18, 2018, 10:30:40 AM
That depends on what community wants, but surely will disagree and say use altcoin for smart contract. But Bitcoin already have something similar , even though it's far more simple with limited usage and non-turing complete (which means not support complex smart contract).
Also, there are 2 better smart-contract proposal which are Simplicity and Ivy for Bitcoin, even though both aren't mean for complex smart-contract.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
March 18, 2018, 07:17:23 AM
Yes I think bitcoin is great for payment tools like bills, because it makes it easy for someone to invest and pay, but not all of our bills can use bitcoin like paying for school....
copper member
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890
March 18, 2018, 06:29:40 AM
As of now I know that BTC is more on Payment. In the future will we utilize a Smart Contract-like?

Bitcoin is likea  currency however smart-contract is a protocol intended to verify or facilitate a credible transactions or in more simple words agreement that can be enforced through a blockchain.

Bitcoin protocol can be used to create smart contracts. https://particl.io/ is doing this by using Bitcoin-based smart contracts to manage funds in their trustless escrow.

You can read some details here https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/yes-bitcoin-can-do-smart-contracts-and-particl-demonstrates-how/

BTC is actually not very practical for payments and transactions for 2 reasons :

* High transaction costs
Bitcoin is still evolving multiple solutions are on the table already like SegWit, Sidecahins or Off-chain. We should give some time and best out of it will come yes these are the current issues but theseare  solvable. Bitcoin community is working to hard address all these.
Activity: 299
Merit: 15
March 18, 2018, 06:18:06 AM
BTC's last use should be as payment and investment, BTC as payment method, which can be more acceptable.

legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
March 18, 2018, 06:11:55 AM

* High transaction costs
Yes absolutely right! but if you and merchants can use coinbase then it's going to easy and super fast.
.. but if your using coinbase... then you back to using third party systems again... which negates the whole point and purpose of what bitcoin was suppose to be about

EG
if your just going to swap 'balances' within coinbases user database you might aswell just be using paypal.

funny part is that if coinbase/bitpay say that they can send a merchant a FIAT wire transfer the next day.. it just proves that the FIAT wire transfer only takes a day

the whole point of bitcoin was that merchants should directly accept bitcoin for their goods and then that merchant pays salaries and its suppliers in bitcoin the same day. without the need to put funds into an account/address/channel that requires another persons agreement/control/signature

just having bitcoin as a asset currency but rely on third party services as they payment method/gateway/route makes bitcoin no better than fiat as a currency. which then just reduces its utility to be just a asset
Activity: 103
Merit: 0
March 18, 2018, 05:18:54 AM
Most of DEV learn to code anything using smart contract such as a payment system Grin
Activity: 196
March 18, 2018, 04:54:57 AM
I think if the payment entirely using bitcoin I think many problems later on so payment via bitcoin it seems to me if the payment through the bitcoin then cash no and the person who cannot do online transactions will confused and cause a loss as a lack of food and many more.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 250
March 18, 2018, 04:50:21 AM

* High transaction costs
Yes absolutely right! but if you and merchants can use coinbase then it's going to easy and super fast.
Activity: 215
Merit: 101
✔ Crypto portfolio | ✔ Telegram/APP
March 18, 2018, 04:21:17 AM

* High transaction costs
Activity: 105
March 18, 2018, 04:19:34 AM
I think more than 1 system Grin
Activity: 93
Merit: 4
March 18, 2018, 04:15:04 AM
I also prefer to use bitcoin for transactions because in time as well as other things bitcoin has a better advantage, it's the one that makes the attraction for me.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
March 18, 2018, 04:00:34 AM
smart contracts aren't really complicated things that requires some weird advanced or dedicated thing. it can already be done in bitcoin to some extent. but since bitcoin is a currency having things like what you see today in form of Smart Contracts is not really wise on bitcoin.

in any case there are works being done to add such features but as side chain (if i am not mistaken, or maybe second layer). long story short if you are interested in this check out RootStock www.rsk.co which is what i am talking about.
Activity: 124
March 18, 2018, 03:54:53 AM
Many many payment system using blockchain such as XLM(Stellar), XVG(Verge) and ...etc

Activity: 46
March 12, 2018, 02:29:03 PM
As of now I know that BTC is more on Payment. In the future will we utilize a Smart Contract-like?
Pages:
Jump to: