Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC Predictions for 2014? - page 2. (Read 3969 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
January 23, 2014, 05:27:27 AM
just check the press section of this forum or google "bitcoin" news: you will see that there never never was such an abundance of serious and positive articles in main stream media as currently.

about a year ago there was one article per week -when lucky. now it is so many per day, that i gave up reading them all.

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
January 23, 2014, 03:47:48 AM
Thanks guys...Very interesting information!  I really appreciate the information, what do you think is the percentage of BTC users being women?  My question is how many women do you think are into BTC, either for trading or investing?

My guess is less than 20%.  How do we attract 50% of the population to start using and trading with BTC?

Regards,

CH

Guess would be under 10% -  but most people involved in bitcoins at the moment are developers - and most developers are still blokes.

Widespread adoption amongst women will only come when pink bitcoin wallets are available ... no, only joking .... the % will naturally increase when bitcoin is used "on the street", apps become friendlier, bitcoins are easier to buy, hardware wallets etc. Currently, the "person on the street" does not use bitcoins. Its still very much early adopters = developers + tech-heads.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
January 23, 2014, 03:44:27 AM
Thanks guys...Very interesting information!  I really appreciate the information, what do you think is the percentage of BTC users being women?  My question is how many women do you think are into BTC, either for trading or investing?

My guess is less than 20%.  How do we attract 50% of the population to start using and trading with BTC?

Regards,

CH

I guess something like 95-99% are men. Women are more risk adverse.
If you go to one bitcoin conference you will hardly find women, but is going to start changing as bitcoin gets more popular and less risky.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 23, 2014, 03:43:18 AM
Thanks guys...Very interesting information!  I really appreciate the information, what do you think is the percentage of BTC users being women?  My question is how many women do you think are into BTC, either for trading or investing?

My guess is less than 20%.  How do we attract 50% of the population to start using and trading with BTC?

Regards,

CH
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
January 23, 2014, 03:36:46 AM
Was reading several articles about BTC over the past several days, it seems the main stream news is giving BTC less coverage than previously which is probably good. Because it seems the market has been some what stable in 2014, but I would like to hear the predictions of some of the veteran traders/miners on the forum.  What do you think 2014 has in store for BTC?

What will it peak at?

Will it reach $2000/coin in 2014?

Will we experience anymore devastating crashes?

What will happen once overstock.com starts accepting them as payment?

Who will be the next big retailer that accepts BTC? (amazon)

Will the US try to regulate/tax coins?

Regards,

CH

$2000/coin by end of 2014 - 70/30
Overstock already accepts bitcoins, but  only in US at the moment
Next big retailer: newegg, but several others in next 90 days.
Devastating crashes: getting less and less likely every year as the "experiment" turns into reality
US: every state is different
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
January 23, 2014, 03:29:17 AM
My price prediction for 2014: $10,000-$100,000

Crashes: If you mean 50% drop after huge run up, then yes, all the time.

Overstock is currently accepting bitcoin payments. Already $500,000 in items sold with bitcoin.

Next big retailer: No one knows, but this is going to be fast, no one will want to be out of the bitcoin wave.

US regulates: I guess yes, they regulate all lol
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 23, 2014, 03:15:44 AM
Was reading several articles about BTC over the past several days, it seems the main stream news is giving BTC less coverage than previously which is probably good. Because it seems the market has been some what stable in 2014, but I would like to hear the predictions of some of the veteran traders/miners on the forum.  What do you think 2014 has in store for BTC?

What will it peak at?

Will it reach $2000/coin in 2014?

Will we experience anymore devastating crashes?

What will happen once overstock.com starts accepting them as payment?

Who will be the next big retailer that accepts BTC? (amazon)

Will the US try to regulate/tax coins?

Regards,

CH
Pages:
Jump to: