Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTC-TC] BTC-BOND - 0.03% Daily - page 4. (Read 20235 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
September 23, 2013, 07:08:25 PM
I'd also like to know.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou
September 23, 2013, 10:41:43 AM
BTCT is just GLBSE with a much better closedown situation
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
September 23, 2013, 10:13:00 AM
I am also requesting status updates.
Activity: 341
September 23, 2013, 06:38:39 AM
So...what's the plan now that BTC-TC is closing?
Activity: 745
Merit: 501
September 17, 2013, 07:42:42 PM
Bump.

Seems pretty dead. I suppose there's not much speculation to be had on this loan.

It is just that it is trading in a very tight range (smaller bid-ask spread than the fee to buy and sell a share), so there is not much profit to be made from trading it. And there are other bonds which pay a higher daily rate, so nobody is going to buy up large amounts.

2013-09-15 22:47:07   Market Buy   12154     ฿0.01      ฿121.54

Roll Eyes

Yes, I suppose I'm settled now.

Do you plan on issuing more shares anytime soon?

Honestly, I don't think I will. I have more than enough BTC to place orders on stuff that matters. Will keep it at that until the day I buyback.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
September 17, 2013, 07:00:22 PM
Bump.

Seems pretty dead. I suppose there's not much speculation to be had on this loan.

It is just that it is trading in a very tight range (smaller bid-ask spread than the fee to buy and sell a share), so there is not much profit to be made from trading it. And there are other bonds which pay a higher daily rate, so nobody is going to buy up large amounts.

Roll Eyes

Do you plan on issuing more shares anytime soon?
September 17, 2013, 06:31:39 PM
Bump.

Roll Eyes

Activity: 6
September 17, 2013, 04:29:15 PM
Bump.

Roll Eyes
September 14, 2013, 08:12:03 AM
Bump.

September 14, 2013, 04:11:00 AM
Bump.

August 03, 2013, 03:07:40 AM
I have sent my shares to Namjies for redemption

Paid out.
Activity: 57
August 02, 2013, 01:22:10 PM
I have sent my shares to Namjies for redemption
vip
Activity: 812
July 18, 2013, 10:25:39 AM
I was not saying that btc-bond was a bad investment, just that the typical bitcoin investor who barely glances at the surface of investments would jump on a higher yield bond first. I agree that Namworld has been very consistent with this.

Yup I agree.. I love Deprived's securities for their yield, personally. I especially like LTC-ATF.B1 which is a shining star in the world of LTC investing.
July 18, 2013, 09:59:30 AM
Bump.

Anyone? Would like to get the remaining bonds sold.

Now that Deprived has opened his bond paying 60% more than yours on btct, it will be hard to get people to buy your bond.

There's much more to it than yield. Frankly, offering such a high rate is the only way Deprived can compete with an issue like BTC-BOND. Namworld has been around a lot longer than Deprived. He has a lot more under management, and runs a serious productive business vs. a bunch of churning investment funds. Compare their contracts -- although I presume it is unlikely, it is clearly more likely that Deprived asset will blow up. And Deprived is very clear about where the liability lies (with the shareholders). I.E. Deprived will not pay you back (he is very clear about this in his contract). These are all justifications for offering a higher rate of return. It's likely the only way he can issue debt given his recent negative publicity.

There is a lot that would have to go wrong before BTC-BOND doesn't pay back. I for one have relied on BTC-BOND for years to provide a reasonably safe place to store 20-30% of my capital. When I ask myself, is it logical for me to assign the same level of credibility to Deprived, I have to say "no". That is why Deprived is offering more money. Because it's the only way he can compete with BTC-BOND.

I was not saying that btc-bond was a bad investment, just that the typical bitcoin investor who barely glances at the surface of investments would jump on a higher yield bond first. I agree that Namworld has been very consistent with this.
vip
July 18, 2013, 04:46:59 AM
p.s. I just bought some BTC nam, will be buying more BTC-BOND for BMF. Thanks!

I was wondering where those daily dividends on BMF were coming for. Guess that answers it.

Lol. I only wish I had that much BTC-BOND right now.

I find the question of where BMF's money comes from deserves a little more light as I haven't touched upon it yet, though. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2753905 -- thanks for raising that issue Smiley
July 18, 2013, 03:37:10 AM
Bump.

Now that Deprived has opened his bond paying 60% more than yours on btct, it will be hard to get people to buy your bond.

It seems to offer less guarantees of solvency, albeit it is quite well designed overall.

I was wondering where those daily dividends on BMF were coming for. Guess that answers it.
vip
July 18, 2013, 01:47:36 AM
Bump.

There's much more to it than yield. Frankly, offering such a high rate is the only way Deprived can compete with an issue like BTC-BOND. Namworld has been around a lot longer than Deprived. He has a lot more under management, and runs a serious productive business vs. a bunch of churning investment funds. Compare their contracts -- although I presume it is unlikely, it is clearly more likely that Deprived asset will blow up. And Deprived is very clear about where the liability lies (with the shareholders). I.E. Deprived will not pay you back (he is very clear about this in his contract). These are all justifications for offering a higher rate of return. It's likely the only way he can issue debt given his recent negative publicity.

There is a lot that would have to go wrong before BTC-BOND doesn't pay back. I for one have relied on BTC-BOND for years to provide a reasonably safe place to store 20-30% of my capital. When I ask myself, is it logical for me to assign the same level of credibility to Deprived, I have to say "no". That is why Deprived is offering more money. Because it's the only way he can compete with BTC-BOND.

July 17, 2013, 09:19:33 AM
Bump.

July 16, 2013, 11:11:13 PM
Bump.

Activity: 389
May 07, 2013, 02:31:50 PM
It's on BTCT.co, there's no microtransaction needed.
To expand on this because I'm not sure everyone will understand what you mean, the only things that go onto the blockchain (where dust rules are in effect if nodes stick with the default configuration) are deposits and withdrawals, everything else is handled by the exchange locally in a normal database. Dividends are just added to the site's information about your current balance.
Pages:
Jump to: