Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTCTC][[ASICMINER-PT]] - Public trading of ASICMINER shares - page 15. (Read 74391 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
Lead Blockchain Developer
The website seems under attack again. Cloudflare trying to keep up but struggling.
I don't think it is an attack per se....just overload from people rushing to buy in before the dividend.
It will go away in a few hours.

Burnside says the site has been under DDoS attack on the front page - It is likely that cloudflare should be able to handle simple customer volume influx... I look forward to hearing back from Burnside for confirmation - Not too found of BTC-TC going dark on me...

Something load or hardware related.  I am currently unable to log into the box.  The other boxes running the db and wallet are ok though.  I've reached out to the guys in the datacenter to take a look.

Cheers.
donator
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
The website seems under attack again. Cloudflare trying to keep up but struggling.
I don't think it is an attack per se....just overload from people rushing to buy in before the dividend.

Burnside says the site has been under DDoS attack on the front page - It is likely that cloudflare should be able to handle simple customer volume influx... I look forward to hearing back from Burnside for confirmation - Not too found of BTC-TC going dark on me...
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Activity: 518
Newbie question  Smiley

How long does it usually take between requesting AM-PT shares be converted to direct and the change being processed? I don't want to hassle burnside as I know he's busy, but I was also hoping my transfer would be processed before dividends come.

Thanks.

1-5 days.

Thanks. So if I've already done an internal transfer to burnside but he hasn't processed it yet, I presume I still get dividends as per usual?

People are pretty good about dividends in mid-transfer. The general rule is, if you've paid for it, and the xfer request is in process waiting on Friedcat, you own it.
donator

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Newbie question  Smiley

How long does it usually take between requesting AM-PT shares be converted to direct and the change being processed? I don't want to hassle burnside as I know he's busy, but I was also hoping my transfer would be processed before dividends come.

Thanks.

1-5 days.

Thanks. So if I've already done an internal transfer to burnside but he hasn't processed it yet, I presume I still get dividends as per usual?
Newbie question  Smiley

Thanks.

1-5 days.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Newbie question  Smiley

Thanks.
Activity: 434
what's the bakewell scam?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scam-ipo-bakewell-finally-a-transparent-investment-that-will-grow-104489

Why is the price of ASICMINER shares on BTC-TC always seem significantly higher than the price on Bitfunder?

Because Burnside allows you to transfer XX number of shares for free outside the passthru once a month for DIRECT shares with friedcat. That's why these carry a premium price. Plus he's a gentlemen and a scholar.

burnside has done a great job structuring this passthru, btct.co, and litecoinglobal and it shows.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
what's the bakewell scam?
donator
Why is the price of ASICMINER shares on BTC-TC always seem significantly higher than the price on Bitfunder?

Because Burnside allows you to transfer XX number of shares for free outside the passthru once a month for DIRECT shares with friedcat. That's why these carry a premium price. Plus he's a gentlemen and a scholar.

Because his site allows you to feel safer and still grants you extreme flexibility.
Activity: 560

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Activity: 546
Under attack again? Really struggling to put trades through.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Is there a FAQ somewhere that explains all of this?  If not, what is a passthrough share compared to a normal share?  Is a share one actual miner ASIC machine working away somewhere?  Thanks for anyone helping out.

http://coin.furuknap.net/how-to-buy-asicminer-shares/

Here ya go: fnords.dontexist.com

Also, for ASICMINER hashing & other cool data: www.asicminercharts.com

Great, just what I was looking for, thanks Smiley
Anyone aware of any better charts for ASICMINER-PT on btct? The supplied one is pretty inflexible.

Seems like a better one could be created by anyone with the available API data, I might have a go but wondering if anyone else had already done it.

Here ya go: fnords.dontexist.com

Also, for ASICMINER hashing & other cool data: www.asicminercharts.com
Anyone aware of any better charts for ASICMINER-PT on btct? The supplied one is pretty inflexible.

Seems like a better one could be created by anyone with the available API data, I might have a go but wondering if anyone else had already done it.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Wow AM-Pt prices are really climbing lately!
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
Lead Blockchain Developer
Terms for Burnside's 100% ASICMINER passthrough:

Payment of dividends is to be made within 2 weeks of their issuance from ASICMINER.
Dividend payments made more than 72 hours after their issuance from ASICMINER will be paid 100% of the original ASICMINER dividend.

Exclusion of Guarantees

This pass-through makes no further guarantee shall any issues arise with ASICMINER's issuer. Should ASICMINER issuers requires any fees/process to claim shares arising from any issue/event, fees will be paid in full in the name of the pass-through holders from future dividends.

What is the percentage of dividend that is released by ASICMiner-PT? I am assuming based on the statement above it is not 100%?

Also, what does the statement under exclusion of guarantees mean?

It's 100% now.  That's left over from the previous contract.  Sorry about the confusion.

The rest boils down to:
  - If ASICMINER goes under, don't get angry at the passthru.
  - If ASICMINER starts requiring any kind of fees for transfer or maintenance, then we'll have to find a way to recover those fees.  Most likely from the dividends.

Cheers.
Pages:
Jump to: