Pages:
Author

Topic: Bter.com froze 3129000 NXT and need you help to return to the owner - page 2. (Read 4946 times)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100
I might be the only one semi bothered by this and I dont follow NXT at all, but kinda gay to freeze anyone's funds. Robbing the robber is still robbing! It adds a little flavor to the community!

Intertubez logic or failed humor? Grin If you believe that the guy who got his funds frozen did indeed steal it from the victim, then returning the coins to the rightful owner is stealing how? Can you steal something that isnt the person' property?

Dont know why I even replied to this Tongue
Activity: 750
Merit: 511
Bter, thanks for your help for NXT community.
Activity: 279
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1238
Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com
I might be the only one semi bothered by this and I dont follow NXT at all, but kinda gay to freeze anyone's funds. Robbing the robber is still robbing! It adds a little flavor to the community!
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
not the whole 6m, because 3 were sold, but 3m Nxt and some bitcoins were frozen at the Bter, but the 1170 BTC are still missing

Not exactly missing. One can look a them here: https://blockchain.info/nl/address/1GwNLwoCQiobJzmURSAq54vH4BYjFkwaxr
Activity: 490
Merit: 504
not the whole 6m, because 3 were sold, but 3m Nxt and some bitcoins were frozen at the Bter, but the 1170 BTC are still missing
Activity: 697
Merit: 501
no, the news is not so detailed - 1) hacked 1170  btc from electrum, left at the new addres for a day 2) hacked 6m Nxt coins from his nxt accounts - and sent to bter, dumped there half
Ok, so the 6M NXT have been frozen on BTER and the 1170 BTC are still missing?
no, the news is not so detailed - 1) hacked 1170  btc from electrum, left at the new addres for a day 2) hacked 6m Nxt coins from his nxt accounts - and sent to bter, dumped there half
This is a most interesting story.  Have the details of how this hack was carried out been posted somewhere?  It is always useful to review incidents like this to help make sure they don't happen again.

the whole story is here: http://www.coinssource.com/500-btc-bounty-retrieve-stolen-funds-cca-milllion-usd-bitcoins-and-nxt-coins-chapter-for-the-crypto-security/
Ok, so let me get this straight.  There were initially 1170 btc stolen from one of Klee's wallets, sent to the bter exchanged and swapped for NXT?  Bter saw this large transaction and had the insight to freeze the account of the hacker?
Is this correct?
This is a most interesting story.  Have the details of how this hack was carried out been posted somewhere?  It is always useful to review incidents like this to help make sure they don't happen again.

the whole story is here: http://www.coinssource.com/500-btc-bounty-retrieve-stolen-funds-cca-milllion-usd-bitcoins-and-nxt-coins-chapter-for-the-crypto-security/
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
BTER - class act

Much Respect for BTER.

Why? Wouldn't be better to freeze account and cooperate with police.
Funds - coins have been deposited to BTER trading account and this person seems he would like to sell this coins. You are not police, judge or jury. Just cheap Bter advertising.

I respect klee, but people are acting very hypocritical. If newbie would lost his funds in a similar way, you would all just say it's his fault and that he is stupid. He would never get his funds back.

Please don't get me wrong.

Yes, that's what some other people's opinions at the discussion at

http ://weibo.com/btercom

You need to translate the Chinese language to what you can read

Some people claim that Bter doesn't have any right to move the frozen funds. There must be a legal arbitration.

Please help us to advice a proper institution to make the legal arbitration.

Could you tell us exactly what you need?

Will a police report from klee suffice?
Activity: 154
That's why i call it most important exchange in Nest thread, good job!
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
BTER - class act

Much Respect for BTER.

Funds - coins have been deposited to BTER trading account and this person seems he would like to sell this coins. You are not police, judge or jury. Just cheap Bter advertising.

I respect klee, but people are acting very hypocritical. If newbie would lost his funds in a similar way, you would all just say it's his fault and that he is stupid. He would never get his funds back.

Some people claim that Bter doesn't have any right to move the frozen funds. There must be a legal arbitration.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7788835
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
BTER - class act

Much Respect for BTER.

If we define 'legal ownership' of crypto's as - someone/s ability to spend/have full control, of the coins according to blockchain rules/protocol, then YOU own those crypto's while you control the address they are in. In your case, the people who have sent crypto's to the addresses you issue, and control, have a 'claim' on those crypto's.
If for whatever reason you chose to freeze an account/address, or indeed run with peoples crypto's, those people will need to 'claim' ownership.......So let the account holder 'claim' those coins.

Maybe going forward, there should be a reasonable time for this to happen, before re-uniting the crypto's to the rightful owner.

It looked like there was a consensus that was easily reached today, in establishing the validity of the theft, AND who should rightfully own those crypto's. Shall we call this consensus-claimed?

Activity: 297
Merit: 250
BTER - class act

Much Respect for BTER.

Activity: 509
Merit: 500
Can't upload avatar
Law enforcement should be involved, but I don't see a need to freeze the account. This isn't like some crime scene where you have to lock down the physical environment while evidence is collected. Bter has a complete record of any transactions and any other details related to the account, so they can return the NXT to the rightful owner without losing any evidence at all. No need to tie it down in judicial bureaucracy for God knows how long.

Yes, time can be a problem. Maybe they should release funds.

But I have a feeling, they are doing it because they are not comfortable with police investigating bter; and free advertising too.

Anyway, I will shut up now. I wish klee gets his funds back and it's actually not my business how he or bter will do this.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035
Law enforcement should be involved, but I don't see a need to freeze the account. This isn't like some crime scene where you have to lock down the physical environment while evidence is collected. Bter has a complete record of any transactions and any other details related to the account, so they can return the NXT to the rightful owner without losing any evidence at all. No need to tie it down in judicial bureaucracy for God knows how long.
Activity: 509
Merit: 500
Can't upload avatar
Yea Klee doesn't deserve to get robbed guys Sad

I mean nobody does but, Klee was really generous with his funds

I totally agree.

You have right to say so, I can't make any counterargument.

Just that in some early stolen funds cases I helped with donations the victims..

As I said, I respect you. I'm talking about hypocrisy, double standards and ''do it my way''-bter style. This is serious case, police should be involved. I really wish you all the best!
Pages:
Jump to: