Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTG] my Bitcoin Gold speculation - page 4. (Read 2112 times)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100
October 10, 2017, 11:40:05 AM
I'm a newbie, so trying to understand the whole concept on the whole (and forking).

Bitcoin Gold is said to be ASIC resistant and uses Scrypt allowing general public to mine using their existing GPU mining setup. If more people start to mine and the demand increases because its easy over ASIC, wont the price increase ?

Edit: can anyone tell what would be the initial price ? 1-to-1 of BTC ?

I didn't know that. So we already have Scrypt asics I've had mine for 3 years.. I guess maybe if this is profitable I will mine this instead of LTC.

I predict a price of $20.00 each.  Tongue

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
October 10, 2017, 11:37:37 AM
I'm a newbie, so trying to understand the whole concept on the whole (and forking).

Bitcoin Gold is said to be ASIC resistant and uses Scrypt allowing general public to mine using their existing GPU mining setup. If more people start to mine and the demand increases because its easy over ASIC, wont the price increase ?

Edit: can anyone tell what would be the initial price ? 1-to-1 of BTC ?
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
October 10, 2017, 10:11:34 AM
after bitcoin gold release later i predict its price could be $500 or even more, but after few months i think bitcoin gold will be big dump and in future i am sure bitcoin gold price is only $300 or even cheaper.
whether there will be another fork after this? bitcoin silver, bitcoin bronze or bitcoin credit Cheesy
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
October 10, 2017, 09:36:20 AM
I don't think Bitcoin Gold has a lot of potential. It will be like any other altcoin, with the only difference that it will be distributed freely to Bitcoin holders. Just another airdrop altcoin, without any significant advantage over the others.
Activity: 659
Merit: 502
October 10, 2017, 08:12:32 AM
Maybe bitcoin gold price will below $100 , can't expect second miracle as BCC
Activity: 1456
Merit: 578
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
October 10, 2017, 07:58:31 AM
by now you have probably heard about the new controversial fork of bitcoin called Bitcoin Gold or Bitcoin GPU.

i have speculated about this coin's price a couple of times in different places, i thought to make a new topic and share my thoughts here.
this is mostly a long term speculation.

coins that are mineable usually become the favorite of the community pretty fast. when mining them becomes profitable, they become even bigger favorites, and when they get pumped people can't shut up about them!

i believe one of the main reasons for popularity of ETH was mining of it. there is a huge community of miners with a lot of money invested in mining rigs (GPUs) who have been supporting and advertising ETH so far.
with the hard fork (first step on October 16 reduction of block rewards from 5 to 3), this is going to stop.

all this hashrate needs to go somewhere. where else better than something with bitcoin name in it.

with that said my speculation is that if miners really migrate to BTG chain and start mining it, advertising, hyping and pumping it, this coin can gain some fast popularity out of nowhere and even replace ETH in the bags of investors. essentially gaining the same price even!

there are two big issues though. and that is the premined coins that goes to the developer. but by comparison ETH also had the same kind of premine (even bigger).
the other is the airdrop. BTG is practically giving away 16,617,000+ coins although this will create a short term dump and as i said i am aiming more for the long term speculation

so where do you see BTG price in long term?
can it reach $300-$500 in a couple of months after release?
Pages:
Jump to: