Pages:
Author

Topic: btt - page 79. (Read 407332 times)

legendary
Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001
June 27, 2013, 09:05:06 PM
anyone have any guess as to what the price will do after the shares split?

I'm thinking it wouldn't be impossible for them to reach .5 btc/share after the split. Maybe it's just wishful thinking  Roll Eyes

I can't really see them going down too much though after a split like that
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
June 27, 2013, 08:12:27 PM
Hi Deprived. Few investors have the time, skill, or inclination to actively trade assets the way you do, therefore many select a few core holdings that they don't often part with. Trade in shares of mining company assets dominate nearly every exchange for a reason, which is likely why you've fashioned an excellent virtual mining fund yourself.

This has more to do with differing investment philosophies in general than it does bASIC-MINING specifically.

Cheers.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
June 27, 2013, 07:18:10 PM
the 5 factor comes from trust.

I know, in fact I mentioned it:

Anything above that means you see value in intangible assets. Brand recognition, maybe?

I just want to make sure that people who buy at 2.1 BTC know that they implicitly assume that value of intangible assets associated with BASIC-MINING is $800,000, while value of tangible assets is $200,000. (Of course, this is very approximate.)

I just haven't seen anyone doing this math in this thread, and I know that not everybody can understand financial statements and do the math.

HTH

You're going to see this happen on all mining stocks - when their ASICs arrive their price will inflate to a level that is a guaranteed loss.  Key is to buy in before the ASICs arrive then sell after the price gos stupid.  The only skillful part is working out whose ASICs are about to arrive.

In a few months time there'll be the huge crash (when ASICs have arrived and investors notice that even if difficulty didnt increase it would take years - or for some assets decades - for them to make back the current share price).  We saw it all happen before - and it'll happen again.

I think the reinvestment thing is the other issue that throws investors off.  It's not the magic bullet they believe it to be.
June 27, 2013, 06:04:20 PM
creativex,

When can we expect the split?

Hi Dumbastronaut. It's in burnside's capable hands at this point. I've notified him of our vote result, just waiting for him to get back to me.

Cheers.
Activity: 126
Merit: 16
June 27, 2013, 05:22:37 PM
Sure, I'm trolling, but can you explain why 1 BTC controlled by creativex is worth 5 BTC? What's your logic? Where does 5x factor come from?

30% of mining income is rolled back into the company for further expansion, so this is not a set hashrate with declining income, but future protection for tech advances.  Sometimes you see Mr Market being irrational, but fighting the market is rarely a recipe for success.  Ask Mr Bakewell how that worked out for him.

Mr. Market behaves irrational all the time, even in Wall St. you'd be surprised. Well said.

creativex,

When can we expect the split?
June 27, 2013, 03:53:13 PM
Today's dividend paid. The breakdown is as follows:

Mining revenue: 4.05901604
Asicminer-PT: 0.27686700
Total Dividend: 4.33588304
Total Dispersed: 3.11817823
Reinvested: 1.21770481

I've re-allocated a portion of our mining power away from slush and bitminter and aimed it at polmine.pl(PPS). I'm trying to fine tune the mix of pools to keep our daily payouts relatively consistent even when we see lower than expected daily returns from our DGM/PPLNS/Score based pools due to a run of bad pool luck. These things tend to even out over the course of a week, but as most of you probably know the payout swings from day to day can be significant, particularly on smallish pools.

Cheers.
June 27, 2013, 10:12:39 AM
One of the Avalons began spitting out large numbers of errors & rejected/discarded shares overnight while mining at 325Mhz. I've since set it back to 300Mhz until I can spend more time finding the sweet spot. The other continues to happily mine at 350Mhz.

Cheers.
Activity: 251
Merit: 100
Du hast
June 27, 2013, 08:38:18 AM
Sure, I'm trolling, but can you explain why 1 BTC controlled by creativex is worth 5 BTC? What's your logic? Where does 5x factor come from?

30% of mining income is rolled back into the company for further expansion, so this is not a set hashrate with declining income, but future protection for tech advances.  Sometimes you see Mr Market being irrational, but fighting the market is rarely a recipe for success.  Ask Mr Bakewell how that worked out for him.

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
June 27, 2013, 08:38:10 AM
There are a seemingly unlimited number of "investors" who just want to put their coins to work short to medium term and maybe see a small increase in share price. They don't care about math or long term / liquidation scenarios. There's no shortage of these "investors" - and very few other bitcoin investment opportunities out there - so support for this price (and higher!) is not a problem.

Maybe when more options open up or people decide not to hoard so many bitcoins things will start to change, but I don't see that happening any time soon (especially when share prices continue to nudge up for the very reason set out above).
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1033
June 27, 2013, 08:33:23 AM
the 5 factor comes from trust.

I know, in fact I mentioned it:

Anything above that means you see value in intangible assets. Brand recognition, maybe?

I just want to make sure that people who buy at 2.1 BTC know that they implicitly assume that value of intangible assets associated with BASIC-MINING is $800,000, while value of tangible assets is $200,000. (Of course, this is very approximate.)

I just haven't seen anyone doing this math in this thread, and I know that not everybody can understand financial statements and do the math.

HTH
Activity: 406
June 27, 2013, 08:15:41 AM
the 5 factor comes from trust. You have none, ergo your company wouldn't experience this effect. But creativex demonstrated he can be trusted, pays dividend, has good "business" record...
Activity: 546
June 27, 2013, 08:14:45 AM
But market cap is bullshit-based.

hahahaha I will be quoting that for life
legendary
June 27, 2013, 08:12:25 AM
Your logic to shake weak hands is flawed, troll better, not louder

Market value of assets BASIC-MINING has is about 2000 BTC, which means ~0.39 BTC/share. And company got ~1900 BTC from sale of shares.

So company had about 8.4% profit. It isn't bad. But market cap is bullshit-based.

1247+350 can and will be used to purchase mining equipment in the future, so the market has placed a value on future earnings.

Eh, anyone can purchase mining equipment with money.

Suppose I make my own mining stock and get 1000 BTC from investors, is it going to have 5000 BTC market cap too? Why not? I can use 1000 BTC to purchase mining equipment in future, after all.

What is more likely, some people saw tremendous increase in hashrate and thought that share price should go up too. But they have missed the fact that high hashrate was already priced in at that point. In fact, I thought it was overpriced back when shares were trading around 0.6 BTC.

I'd say it comes from people who can't do the math.

On the other hand, if company buys chips and boards in bulk and assembles them, it might be valued significantly above cost of assets. But that's not what creativex is doing.
Activity: 251
Merit: 100
Du hast
June 27, 2013, 07:23:54 AM
If you believe that Avalon units purchased are worth 3x more than the market price they were purchased at, BASIC-MINING market cap should be 360*3+1247+350 = 2677 BTC, 0.53 BTC per share.

Anything above that means you see value in intangible assets. Brand recognition, maybe? Smiley

This is unrelated to PMB: I'm using market value as a reference.

(And situation with ASICMINER is different because it owns significant intellectual property/intangible assets: they produce their own chips and units.)

Your logic to shake weak hands is flawed, troll better, not louder

1247+350 can and will be used to purchase mining equipment in the future, so the market has placed a value on future earnings.  Liquidity is another factor, few are willing to sell shares at any price currently.
legendary
June 27, 2013, 06:58:43 AM
If you believe that Avalon units purchased are worth 3x more than the market price they were purchased at, BASIC-MINING market cap should be 360*3+1247+350 = 2677 BTC, 0.53 BTC per share.

Anything above that means you see value in intangible assets. Brand recognition, maybe? Smiley

This is unrelated to PMB: I'm using market value as a reference.

(And situation with ASICMINER is different because it owns significant intellectual property/intangible assets: they produce their own chips and units.)
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
June 27, 2013, 04:35:53 AM
Market will decide, but in terms of dividends, we're not bad even at 2.0+

The reinvestment fund is what makes BASIC-MINING a long term "compatible" asset, unlike PMBs and co.
legendary
June 27, 2013, 03:03:03 AM
Current market cap is 10050 BTC (5000 shares @2.1. BTC).

We can remove liquid assets out of equation (as creativex can simply sell them and pay dividends):

1247 BTC
100 ASICMINER shares @3.5 BTC each: 350 BTC

What's left is 8453 BTC, attributed to 4 GPUs, 3 avalon units and creativex's creativity Smiley

If GPU value is negigible at this scale, that's like 2800 BTC per unit.

Reality check: 360 BTC was spent on ASIC miners, they are worth 8400 BTC now.

Are you sure you aren't overpaying, people?

Or perhaps I underestimate creativity... Smiley
June 27, 2013, 01:16:01 AM
Could you elaborate on the timeframe of the 10:1 split. And will trading have to be "paused" as everything takes effect?

Hi MilkyLep. I can share my limited understanding of the procedure. The time frame will largely be up to burnside as he's the one that has to do all the work and he's kept pretty busy. Now that the motion is over 79% approval it's safe to say it's passed, and I'll give him the go ahead to proceed. The order book will be cleared and trading will be halted while the script runs, but it's unlikely to take very long.

Cheers.
Activity: 583
Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin
June 27, 2013, 12:14:42 AM
Could you elaborate on the timeframe of the 10:1 split. And will trading have to be "paused" as everything takes effect?
June 26, 2013, 08:26:29 PM
wow did the price take off...bought 3 @ .66 looking pretty good right about now...wish i could have bought more...I'm hoping the split goes through Smiley have 5 btc inbound via coinbase

Avalon really came through for us. We've reached a milestone 5000BTC market cap. Smiley

...and less than 24hrs after I posted that we've reached the 6000BTC market cap milestone. Thanks to everyone that's helped make bASIC-MINING a success!
Pages:
Jump to: