Pages:
Author

Topic: btt - page 82. (Read 407332 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
June 25, 2013, 08:13:31 AM
YOU THE MAN ! Cool

TYVM!

...the man needs to get some coffee. :p
June 25, 2013, 08:12:19 AM
I demand MOAR pics.

And I also want to throw out Fireduck's Horrible Horrendous  mining pool again. I say we give it a week and see how it goes. Lower fees are nice.

After thinking it over: Shareholders may not want to go that route.  Undecided

I'll try to get moar pics snapped in the near future.

While I like low fees, Horrible Horrendous TT doesn't appear to do merged mining or shared transaction fees. The other pools I've chosen do at least one or the other...if not both(slush & bitminter). Bitparking is working on adding shared transaction fees and has reduced their fee to 0% until it's implemented.
Activity: 544
Merit: 500
June 25, 2013, 08:08:39 AM
UPDATE:

A second Avalon has been obtained by bASIC-MINING. Details to follow.

YOU THE MAN ! Cool
June 25, 2013, 08:01:33 AM
please post yesterday's hash rate, and today's hash rate, if possible

I have had a hard time keeping up Smiley

This is more complicated with the Avalons set to balance share submissions on three separate pools as each updates stats at different speeds. The status display on the Avalons seem to average out to right around 70,000Mh/s each @ 300Mhz so we're getting about 140,000Mh/s from them.

We're mining as timonex on bitminter, which says 44,120Mh/s right at this moment, but varies by a few percent +/-. This is public and should generally be about 1/3 of our Avalon mining power as both Avalons are currently set to submit 1/3 of their shares to bitminter.

Cheers.

Edit:

To follow up on this here's our status display on bitparking ATM:

As you can see the variance can be pretty brutal.  
June 25, 2013, 07:46:23 AM
Sweet! Is that the one from the motion to buy a second-market Avalon? So a third one will be coming with batch #3? That all sounds pretty good for the dividends as much as for the stock price Cheesy

Hi matt4054. That's correct, we still have a batch 3, 4 module Avalon on order.
June 25, 2013, 01:28:42 AM
Your demands will have to wait till tomorrow...must sleep. Smiley

Both Avalons are load balanced on bitparking, bitminter, and slush. Hopefully variance will be manageable this way.

Cheers.
Activity: 634
June 25, 2013, 01:10:39 AM
UPDATE:

I demand MOAR pics.

And I also want to throw out Fireduck's Horrible Horrendous  mining pool again. I say we give it a week and see how it goes. Lower fees are nice.

After thinking it over: Shareholders may not want to go that route.  Undecided
Activity: 546
June 24, 2013, 10:41:15 PM
UPDATE:

please post yesterday's hash rate, and today's hash rate, if possible

I have had a hard time keeping up Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
June 24, 2013, 10:20:57 PM
UPDATE:

Sweet! Is that the one from the motion to buy a second-market Avalon? So a third one will be coming with batch #3? That all sounds pretty good for the dividends as much as for the stock price Cheesy

EDIT: don't forget to post an announcement on BTC-TC Wink
June 24, 2013, 10:15:37 PM
UPDATE:

June 24, 2013, 09:45:50 AM
I've set the Avalon to balance share submissions on bitparking, bitminter, and slush so that we can get increased stability in our daily payouts.

Cheers.
June 24, 2013, 09:43:24 AM
What do you think of getting on some bitfury chips (when they become available)?

Hashing @ 0.39 watts per 1GH/s of power.

We should get in on this. Shipping from Russia is the problem

Impressive result, thanks for the info. I'd prefer a single source for a finished product, but will look into it.

I've been in contact with a fellow that claims to have a Bitcoin mining device for sale. He's been unresponsive, vague, and it seems English is his second language, but he now claims to have the unit in hand. This sounds like an Avalon batch 2, but he's posted no pictures. As this is only 100 miles or so from my office I'm trying to arrange a meet & greet to examine the device. I'll keep you guys posted.

Sounds like a scammer to me

He's a bit off for someone actively trying to sell something. I'm thinking he's on the fence about selling it or at least not very motivated. At any rate, I've no intention of sending him anything save requests for more information until I see the unit first hand and that'll be sometime next year at the rate in which he responds to communiques.

Update

I've an after dinner face to face with a guy selling some kind of mining gear via craigslist. Wish he'd have gotten back to me over the weekend while I was in Ann Arbor and therefore a whole lot closer, but whatcha gonna do. Undecided
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
June 23, 2013, 01:39:02 PM
What do you think of getting on some bitfury chips (when they become available)?

Impressive result, thanks for the info. I'd prefer a single source for a finished product, but will look into it.

I've been in contact with a fellow that claims to have a Bitcoin mining device for sale. He's been unresponsive, vague, and it seems English is his second language, but he now claims to have the unit in hand. This sounds like an Avalon batch 2, but he's posted no pictures. As this is only 100 miles or so from my office I'm trying to arrange a meet & greet to examine the device. I'll keep you guys posted.

Sounds like a scammer to me
Activity: 251
Merit: 100
Du hast
June 23, 2013, 10:41:30 AM

That would be great if it pans out being almost local and if the price was right
June 23, 2013, 10:18:07 AM

Activity: 126
Merit: 16
June 23, 2013, 05:50:48 AM

June 22, 2013, 02:19:46 PM
After thinking it over: the only problem is, it's a smaller pool so there will be some variance.  Undecided

Yeah that's a Horrendously Terrible idea. Smiley

I'm going over the pool wiki and will consider any reasonable option. Much of the variance will be minimized when we receive our batch 3 unit as I can then simply aim them at two different primary pools.

Cheers.
Activity: 634
June 21, 2013, 03:17:17 PM
Are you considering other pools (e.g. with PPS) or do you plan to stick with BitParking only?

Creativex, while we are throwing out pools, have you considered:
The Horrible Horrendous Terrible Tremendous Mining Pool

PPLNS, with user defined share difficulty. The higher the diff, the lower the fee. Plus if you find a block, the pool splits half the TX fees with you.

After thinking it over: the only problem is, it's a smaller pool so there will be some variance.  Undecided
June 21, 2013, 09:57:19 AM
Looks like mining revenue will come in over 2 BTCs today. Grin

Edit:

I'm going to have to pay out earlier than usual today due to unavoidable travel requirements. Have a great weekend everyone.

June 20, 2013, 10:00:46 PM
LOL Orphaned! That'll teach me to pay out before getting paid. Smiley

Yes, sorry about that, I figured when I read about it in the BitParking thread.

Are you considering other pools (e.g. with PPS) or do you plan to stick with BitParking only?

Yeah, just read that post by doublec. My own bad, I should've checked.

I've tried out bitminter, slush, and btcguild a few times, but I always go back to bitparking. The payouts always seem more consistent over time. Slush is being reported as dead on the Avalon cgminer config though, I need to look into it when I have more time. I'd likely set up slush as first or second failover.

Cheers.

bitminter was the best for me

paying 1.5% for immediate payout, when stales/orphans were about 6% over time, subsidized by the namecoin payouts as well. Best deal for me. But I think mining across two big pools may keep your luck consistent

That's right they have a perks screen for those settings don't they. Shared transaction fees too as I recall...which will become important at some point. Thanks I'll have another look.

Cheers.
Pages:
Jump to: