Pages:
Author

Topic: BUcoin is officially dead - page 4. (Read 4387 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035
March 15, 2017, 01:40:54 AM
BU is winning.  Go over to https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/ and get some unfiltered reality.

Now that's the funniest thing I've read all day.  Grin Grin Grin

Go ahead folks, it really is good for a laugh.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
March 15, 2017, 01:37:45 AM
So are we going for the segwit solution ?
With BU suffering a major bug looks like the last hope for bitcoin community is Segwit.
The people behind BU must be thinking "hopes and dreams turns to ashes as bitcoin Unlimited falls"
I think as long as the community is divided whether to use BU or Segwit to be implemented in bitcoin scaling problem nothing is gonna get solved.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
March 15, 2017, 12:36:25 AM
Some of the nodes have come back online, presumably patched, but it's still under 400 on coin dance. I wonder how much time is needed to know how many have patched their clients and restarted them or have abandoned BU after this. It will probably be many days before we know since not all nodes will be attended to or monitored daily.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
March 14, 2017, 10:33:07 PM
i'll be here giving free hugs when you're crying over BU having taken control from Blockstream.  Kiss
Exactly why changes don't happen to Bitcoin. It is essentially partisan, I don't like Sidechains and blockstream giving seals of approval and I don't think Bitcoin unlimited is anything but a terrible idea. I used to think blocks needed to be much bigger but I think a lot of people have realized that it isn't the currency replacement it was once thought to be. Just let some altcoin take over small daily transactions and keep Bitcoin for large transactions that need the power and stability of the network.

I don't think Bitcoin will succeed unless it can be the digital cash it was originally envisioned to be in Satoshi's whitepaper. 

legendary
March 14, 2017, 10:31:01 PM
OP - I think a better title would be that "Bitcoin Core/Blockstream dev exploits BU nodes, patch quickly released"

This is so funny. It's the fault of the Bitcoin developers now, isn't it!? Smiley

FYI: that bug has been sitting there for over a year. If the BTU takeover would have been successful Bitcoin would be dead now.

Pleeeease can you now go and just do what the usual procedure is for untested ideas and flawed code and just make an altcoin out of it and go away?

Thank you!

We all know that the Bitcoin Unlimited codebase is garbage.  Cool

Hello jonald_fyookball  Grin

BTU is trash lol, seriously, please stop championing it.

um...no?
Activity: 462
Merit: 263
The devil is in the detail.
March 14, 2017, 10:18:26 PM
OP - I think a better title would be that "Bitcoin Core/Blockstream dev exploits BU nodes, patch quickly released"

This is so funny. It's the fault of the Bitcoin developers now, isn't it!? Smiley

FYI: that bug has been sitting there for over a year. If the BTU takeover would have been successful Bitcoin would be dead now.

Pleeeease can you now go and just do what the usual procedure is for untested ideas and flawed code and just make an altcoin out of it and go away?

Thank you!

Hello jonald_fyookball  Grin

BTU is trash lol, seriously, please stop championing it.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
March 14, 2017, 10:18:01 PM
This is great news. I was getting a bit worried a hard fork would actually happen, but looks like Jihan's little nerd dream to be the emperor of bitcoin will not happen. Sorry, Core wins another day, and now $3000 are actually possible in 2017.
Till now the system worked in a better way and now people need to make it under their control or need to be the emperor as quoted. Days back Craig tried and now it's Jihan Wu. This time through BU he decided to make a win. But now this has not gonna happen which is expected to make a large change in this year.
Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
March 14, 2017, 10:17:25 PM
i'll be here giving free hugs when you're crying over BU having taken control from Blockstream.  Kiss
Exactly why changes don't happen to Bitcoin. It is essentially partisan, I don't like Sidechains and blockstream giving seals of approval and I don't think Bitcoin unlimited is anything but a terrible idea. I used to think blocks needed to be much bigger but I think a lot of people have realized that it isn't the currency replacement it was once thought to be. Just let some altcoin take over small daily transactions and keep Bitcoin for large transactions that need the power and stability of the network.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010
March 14, 2017, 10:16:00 PM

So BU wants to "take control" of Bitcoin, huh?

That's just the kind of talk I like to hear when it comes to open source projects... o_O

If you honestly believe that Blockstream "controls" Bitcoin (which is ridiculous, no one has ever forced me to install specific software, anyone else?), maybe your argument would sound better if you said something like, "gives control back to the users". Just sayin'. Try it out next time some spin is in order!
Activity: 282
Merit: 250
March 14, 2017, 10:14:06 PM
Well that ended quite quick.
Like my daddy use to say:
When something ain't broke don't try and fix it.
Looks like they tried to do just that with this mutation of what the blockchain has been doing from the beginning. And not too badly either.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010
March 14, 2017, 10:06:47 PM
BU is winning.  Go over to https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/ and get some unfiltered reality.

copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
March 14, 2017, 09:48:30 PM
Bugs have been in other software packages, it is unreasonable for any software to not have any bugs in it.

Also, if BU had already been active, then there would likely be other implementations available, such as bcore 
Activity: 1008
Merit: 500
March 14, 2017, 09:12:17 PM

Thank you!

Activity: 359
Merit: 250
March 14, 2017, 09:10:34 PM

Thank you!

Activity: 924
Merit: 506
March 14, 2017, 09:07:37 PM
Since when nodes count matters? it's not like if a version has most of the nodes it can dominate the network, only mining power can speak for the entire system just like 1CPU 1VOTE but now is 1ASIC(or TH/S) 1VOTE. nodes are not generating bitcoin miners are and miners are not generating bitcoin blocks larger than 1MB why is that? because Core version(main version/original version/base code/source code) says blocks should be only 1MB maximum size.
BU was never alive to begin with.
legendary
March 14, 2017, 09:04:46 PM
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
March 14, 2017, 09:00:28 PM
BU is winning.  Go over to https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/ and get some unfiltered reality.

Looks like all those BUcoiners are on suicide watch. Very sad!

I feel bad for the idiots that felt so deep into the Jihan Wu + Roger Ver propaganda that they will not see the obvious.
Sorry, BU lost all its credibility forever. Nobody without an agenda will risk their wealth and business in the hands of amateurs.
Time to think about the next powergrab attempt.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
March 14, 2017, 08:26:30 PM
BU is winning.  Go over to https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/ and get some unfiltered reality.

uh, no. i gave up on that hole ages ago. r/bitcoin isn't much better but at least you can get some vaguely rational discussions still.

i'm not a big core fan. i'm really, really not a bitcoin unlimited fan. it's like an operation run by a small bunch of toddlers.

if that faction wants to succeed then deliver a solution that works, is elegant, thoroughly vetted, doesn't need ridiculous amounts of spin, accusations, psy ops and gaming to get anywhere and is as dependable as the current bitcoin implementation.

is there as much bullshit coming from the core side? more than likely but they can point to something that's doing its job right now.

if unlimited's version is good enough then a hard fork might follow naturally with most people getting behind it. they have to be better than core, they have to let the code do the talking and they have to extinguish doubt.

copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
March 14, 2017, 08:20:21 PM
Pages:
Jump to: