Pages:
Author

Topic: Building Antminer Shed. Any suggestions on design or air flow? - page 3. (Read 4972 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Hello,

It has quickly become clear that running a bunch of Antminers in my house is not going to work. Beside the amount of heat and noise they give off, I do not have enough power/circuits to run a meaningful amount.

I currently has a small shed attached to the back of my house near the back door. It is sitting on a cement slab, but only using a little of the slab. I have always wanted to tear it down and use the whole slab and make it larger. So I am going to make it bigger. Shed will be roughly 7x9 feet. And if/when I am ever done mining, I will now have a more usable shed for other things.

I also have a spa which has 60a 220v run to it in a sub box. I dont really use the spa much anymore (tired of maintaining it and waiting for it to warm up), so I am going to use that power for the shed. I will break it down into 2x 30a 220v circuits, get PDUs, and run the Antminers off those until I need more power. I should be able to run 12 ants per circuit safely.

I plan on cooling the shed using something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-Conditioner-Dehumidification-Ventilation-Installation/dp/B0095V0OYM/. A split a/c system. In the summers here it gets 100+ degrees so it will be necessary. During the winter and fall, it doesnt get hot. But the antminers give out a lot of heat. So for those time I was thinking about having a built in fan, maybe 2. One to suck in cold air and another to draw the hot air out.

So, given the desire to have a few ventilation fans and an a/c system, how do you suppose I should lay this out? I know hot air rises, so I probably want to put the vent out fan towards the top of the shed? Put the a/c vent near the floor?

Any other suggestions or things I should thing about?
Pages:
Jump to: