Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterfly Labs invests heavily in high speed production equipment - page 14. (Read 32281 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Here is a recently completed auction of the Essemtec reflow oven pictured.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESSEMTEC-RO300FC-REFLOW-OVEN-/320989507198?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4abc772e7e

Is there any way BFL could prove they won the auction?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
"BFL plan B"

!

I admit that the ESSEMTEC one cheated me, I tought it be authentic.

Or BFL plan C - take the money and run away  Wink

They produce invisible ASIC using invisible production equipment. It is a pity that people do not pay invisible money.
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
What are they using a light microscope and fan ducting for?

I'm not sure if you're trolling or not but those are more crucial for assembly and inspection than the assembly machines...

I think it has already been pointed out that these picture are not actually at their facility though Sad
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
"BFL plan B"

!

I admit that the ESSEMTEC one cheated me, I tought it be authentic.
Date taken this picture by: EXIF  2009:02:18 4:12:17 p.m.

Why a picture "$ (KGrHqV,! l0F! hHkmETFBQYJ, 63i0w ~ ~ 60_3.jpg" is downloaded from ebay?
This is not a photo taken by BFL just downloaded from ebay. It is easy to check, type in google "http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$"
   $(KGrHqV,!l0F!h.......  Its ebay file naming.

I found it yet :  "Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.M2b"
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Got the newsletter in my inbox as well.  Unfortunately, I wasn't impressed since all the images shown were examples and none from their facility.  Even if they took some "in-the-works" shots.. it would be more reassuring than the current newsletter.

Indeed. Look at the pictures EXIF data:

• The first one is dated on 2009
  • The third one says "Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.M2b"
Activity: 840
I hope they also bought some esd mats and wrist straps this time!
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
What are they using a light microscope and fan ducting for?
Activity: 205
I got it 6 times!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Activity: 191
Merit: 110
Got the newsletter in my inbox as well.  Unfortunately, I wasn't impressed since all the images shown were examples and none from their facility.  Even if they took some "in-the-works" shots.. it would be more reassuring than the current newsletter.
Activity: 784
So they can more quickly fill those government orders and 51% attack
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
Darn you beat me to it!

Yeah that one Reflow machine is roughly $30K from what I could find after a quick search.

No idea as to how much the pick and place or other machines are.  Guessing at least as expensive.

Well that's good then as they should be able to pump out pieces much faster once they get up to training and speed in learning the new equipment.

Reflow machines are just glorified ovens. (not really incredibly special IMHO).

Pick and place machines are much more complicated and typically a lot more expensive. But of course you pay heavily for performance of these machines (how many reels or strips of parts you can load into it, how many arms there are, how fast the arm moves, the precision of the placement, etc.)
Activity: 533
Merit: 500
Darn you beat me to it!

Yeah that one Reflow machine is roughly $30K from what I could find after a quick search.

No idea as to how much the pick and place or other machines are.  Guessing at least as expensive.

Well that's good then as they should be able to pump out pieces much faster once they get up to training and speed in learning the new equipment.
you got the newsletter too Smiley
they sent it to me many times Sad

Cool looking equipment tho! and posting it all with the cool pictures and all is a cool marketing "gimmick" Smiley

Yup, I got it three times. Per each email address that they had... lol

Very nice equipment. And VERY expensive.
Activity: 402
you got the newsletter too Smiley
they sent it to me many times Sad

Cool looking equipment tho! and posting it all with the cool pictures and all is a cool marketing "gimmick" Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: