Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 122. (Read 415652 times)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10
May 09, 2013, 12:56:34 PM
To be fair to them I don't think its intentionally a scam, they are just inexperienced and vastly underestimated how long it would take to get a product out the door. Having said that, their customer service during the problems could be much improved
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
May 09, 2013, 12:55:20 PM
nice man!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
May 09, 2013, 12:54:01 PM
I have a device ordered and I believe they are ridiculously incompetent more than anything else. My worry is less about them being a scam or not but the fact that if they do not deliver, in 2-3 month, avalon chips will be deployed and my ROI on my BFL preorder will pretty much double or triple their original estimation. Part of me feels I should take refund and buy ASICminer shares instead.

It depends on when you ordered. If you ordered 1 Jalapeño in July 2012, you might get it in 3 months. But that's VERY optimistic. Super optimistic. A gamble in itself.

If you ordered a Jalapeño in 2013, you won't get your order this year. If you ordered a Mini Rig, regardless of the order date, you will never get it. If you ordered a single or little single, regardless of the order date, you won't get your order this year.

That's the reality. And yes, I'm an early BFL customer. And i'm not asking for a refund just because I paid in Bitcoins, so an USD refund would just be a slap in my f**** face. I took a gamble, and I lost big time. But anyhow I will keep telling the truth to anyone asking.
Activity: 24
May 09, 2013, 12:49:13 PM
I have a device ordered and I believe they are ridiculously incompetent more than anything else. My worry is less about them being a scam or not but the fact that if they do not deliver, in 2-3 month, avalon chips will be deployed and my ROI on my BFL preorder will pretty much double or triple their original estimation. Part of me feels I should take refund and buy ASICminer shares instead.
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
May 09, 2013, 12:30:38 PM
I belive many of those who scream about BFL beeing a scam, is people already having an order at BFL. To get more people to chicken out.
We just have to wait and see, but i think we will see some ASICs up and running soon.

And if you can`t afford to loose your investment, you should never have invested. Easy as that.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
May 09, 2013, 11:17:36 AM
I ordered a 60 Gh/h asic. I'm just afraid that its going to be a paper weight once I get it in about a year.

In about a year? How you people are so optimistic? Did you order in July 2012? Then yeah, it may be one year from now if you ordered a Jalapeño.

If you ordered a mini rig, you won't be receiving it - because it does not exists.

If you ordered a single or mini single, who knows when you will receive it.

And if your order was placed in 2013... Man... I don't know what to say. Good luck with that. I would ask for a refund for sure.
Activity: 42
May 09, 2013, 11:07:32 AM
Avalon has been slow at shipping its machines as well. So its not on BFL
Activity: 27
May 09, 2013, 10:56:37 AM
has anyone "actually" received a unit and started using it? or am i missing something?

no
Activity: 5
May 09, 2013, 10:55:31 AM
I also think so...
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Hash for Cash!
May 09, 2013, 10:55:17 AM
Yeah it sucks that it's taken them so long to finally deliver and anyone getting an order right now will just have a super expensive fancy box with a light in it by the time they get it.
Activity: 7
May 09, 2013, 10:51:02 AM
Well, they are shipping now....
But scam or not, they're a shitty enterprise that dangled their customers for a year, used pre-orders to finance development, and cheated people out of a crazy profitable run.
Activity: 98
May 09, 2013, 10:36:56 AM
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
-Hanlon's razor
Activity: 819
Merit: 1000
May 09, 2013, 10:34:17 AM
Think so.
i can't seem to find any reviews from actual people using it
Activity: 819
Merit: 1000
May 09, 2013, 10:27:03 AM
has anyone "actually" received a unit and started using it? or am i missing something?
Activity: 94
May 09, 2013, 10:26:05 AM
yes I think it's scam
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Your *what* is itchy?
May 09, 2013, 10:01:57 AM
LEGIT REPLY: My friend supposedly  Recieved his Asic today from BTL.  Hes still trying to get it setup though. apparently its pretty complex to setup.  I'll let yall know if he gets it working or not.

Who's BTL? some other asic startup?
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Your *what* is itchy?
May 09, 2013, 10:00:51 AM
It was a bit scary to submit a pre-order, glad I got in in before they raised prices. If it is a scam, I hope my wife doesn't find out  Wink

hahahaaaa.

at the end of the day, ive never known a pre-order where they take your money first.
except if they're building you a car by hand.

i mean who's NOT going to want one of these, so what's the point in taking the money before shipping?
THATS the thing setting alarm bells off.
then when i inquire about shipping numbers...BANNN!

and address....
the shipping address given for trade-ins is an AL Huber contractors office.

(no idea if they're still doing this)
then you got the second method of upgrade from FPGA-ASIC which they promoted whereby you give them 20-500 BTC to hold onto while your FPGA`s are in the mail.
[dont even understand that one]

then under the jobs section;

We're currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
Engineer - Mandarin language skills (Must live in Asia)
Engineer - North America
Communications Director - North America
--------------------------------------------

i cant even find the company registered in WHOLE of north america.

Um, pretty much any video game you pre-order, you have to put some money down, so don't act like this is the first time in the history of commerce that a company has taken money for pre-orders.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
May 09, 2013, 09:54:20 AM
I ordered a 60 Gh/h asic. I'm just afraid that its going to be a paper weight once I get it in about a year.

It would be profitable at a difficulty of over 2.5 BILLION. Which would need about 1.2 BILLION dollars to be invested in additional ASICs. So I doubt it would be a paperweight. It will not be a high speed money printer breaking even in ten days though.
Activity: 42
May 09, 2013, 09:52:25 AM
I regret not ordering from avalon, but hindsight is 20/20.
Activity: 98
May 09, 2013, 09:51:39 AM
Feel awful for everyone who ordered. Could have been such a money maker.
Jump to: