Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 161. (Read 415652 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
April 01, 2013, 02:21:41 PM
Willing to put some money down on BFL being a scam?

There's lots of that going on  Cheesy
http://betsofbitco.in/search?q=butterfly
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
April 01, 2013, 02:12:41 PM
Agreed @ BFL being a scam.

If you guys paid with your CCs, I would suggest requesting a chargeback within 120 days of your transaction, otherwise you'll be out of luck (assuming it is a scam).

Visa/MC have 120 day limits on chargebacks.
Willing to put some money down on BFL being a scam?
ar9
Activity: 352
Merit: 250
April 01, 2013, 02:10:53 PM
Agreed @ BFL being a scam.

If you guys paid with your CCs, I would suggest requesting a chargeback within 120 days of your transaction, otherwise you'll be out of luck (assuming it is a scam).

Visa/MC have 120 day limits on chargebacks.
Activity: 345
Merit: 4
April 01, 2013, 01:49:52 PM
what a fail of service that was..
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
April 01, 2013, 12:48:27 PM
So, BFL little single mining along....
http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1CdcYVP4T4hjHwt353pEnGHrigeDLvuvZL

Anyone still think it's a scam?  Want to put your money where your mouth is?

Of course they're a scam. Six months late with a short video of a little single SC modded prototype doing less than advertised hashes @ 6x advertised power consumption? ...and what's with the HW errors?

...wanna buy a solar powered clothes dryer...only $1299!

Run away if you haven't already. At this point they should be using some of that pre-order money to lure someone from the Avalon or ASICMiner teams to help them...they're plainly in way over their heads.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
April 01, 2013, 03:58:28 AM
anything to do with them choosing 65nm fab process?

so glad I did not waste my money with them.
Activity: 5
April 01, 2013, 03:29:20 AM
Not a scam, just incompetent.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
April 01, 2013, 03:23:40 AM
So, BFL little single mining along....
http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1CdcYVP4T4hjHwt353pEnGHrigeDLvuvZL

Anyone still think it's a scam?  Want to put your money where your mouth is?
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
April 01, 2013, 02:53:17 AM
I asked for a refund, waited a week, and got an email today (Sunday) that it was processed. Payment method was paypal.
March 31, 2013, 11:58:05 PM
Could BFL be using the the hashing power for a few months, then dump the hardware to the purchases when the mining difficulty goes up?

It would be quite obviously seen on the network.
Activity: 35
March 31, 2013, 11:23:33 PM
Could BFL be using the the hashing power for a few months, then dump the hardware to the purchases when the mining difficulty goes up?
Activity: 54
March 31, 2013, 11:18:09 PM
Thanks for the notice.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Your *what* is itchy?
March 31, 2013, 10:51:43 PM
Not saying don't speculate, I'm suggesting you should go explore the rest of the forums and boards here.  Learn all you can, and then you'll have a basis for well thought-out questions or commentary that hasn't been asked/posted a few dozen times already. 

Every concern you had/have about BFL has been discussed to death many times over on other threads all over bitcointalk.org. They aren't that hard to find with a little effort and determination.

BTW, I wasn't calling YOU, specifically, a noob. I was referring to noobs in general.

Go forth, and bitcoinify.
Activity: 112
We are connected. you are me I am you.
March 31, 2013, 10:39:55 PM
yerp

well I don't know where else to speculate.  this is the newbie section we are in, that's pretty funny.  I'm not a newb anymore.  I'm gonna end my part in this conversation here, ahssman your thoughts and insights are appreciated and understandable
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Your *what* is itchy?
March 31, 2013, 10:28:46 PM
I have a question regarding the bolded statement -- The guy "running the company" isn't the guy who was convicted of mail fraud.

Actually he was running the company.  As soon as it became known who he was and what he'd done they quickly arranged to transfer the CEO title to somebody else.  Go ahead, look it up.

could we get the facts here please? 
assman are you BFL?  if you are congratulations on making so much money on everybody.

if not could we be a bit more considerate and stop spreading misleading information?  please.  its just like why man?  unless you are BFL why muddy up the facts? 

I think ahss man is just really set on getting his jalapeno

I hope he does get his jalapeno for all our sakes. 
because I just invested a bunch of money into bitcoin and I would like to see it grow not disappear. 

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/re-butterfly-labs-ceo-25-million-usd-mail-fraud-a-concise-summary-of-evidence-110805

No, i don't work for BFL. It just gets frustrating seeing the same misinformation and wild speculation posted day after day, and then dips like Pangia or whatever it calls itself trying to come off as some pseudo-intellectual-psychobabbling-hypothetical-pedophile-situation-crafting snob just add to the annoyance factor.

There's two choices regarding BFL:

1) invest and hope for the best
2) don't invest and use your funds elsewhere

either choice, people need to do some research, read informed threads and not fear-mongering farktardery, and make a decision based on their own fact-finding (or lack of facts) that they are comfortable with.

As I said earlier, everything about bitcoin is a risk, a gamble.  The blockchain is the only stable constant in the bitcoin universe, everything else is speculation and guesswork. Will it go up? Will it go down? Will BFL deliver? Will another ASIC vendor pop up that's legit and can ship product? WHO KNOWS? Nobody knows.  All we can do is gather as much info as we can, and then make our best guesses.

These boards are a farking endless goldmine of info, links, "get started" threads, etc, yet day after day we have people like Pangia polluting them with Psych101 B.S., questions being asked over and over again because new people are too lazy or too dumb to use the search function effectively (and if they're too dumb to use a search function, they haven't a hope in hell of understanding bitcoin or the economy surrounding it). 

While new people can only post in Newbies, they have FULL READ ACCESS TO THE ENTIRE FRAKKING FORUM STRUCTURE.  The 4hr online requirement could EASILY be filled reading helpful and informative threads about bitcoin, mining, etc.  But no, we get day after day of "can i mine with my laptop's NVidia POS card?" and "Hey, what kind of GPU mining rig should I build today?"

So yeah, I'm an ass. I'm an ass who spent WEEKS reading and watching and learning before diving in, yet every day new people show up looking to be spoon fed everything about bitcoin.

I certainly do not claim to know all there is to know about bitcoin. Far from it. Hell, I haven't even taken the time to learn how to do PGP authentication/signatures etc yet. When I decide it's important for me to do it, I'll go look it up and figure it out. I sure won't expect someone to hold my hand and walk me through the entire "how to PGP" process.

There ya go.

March 31, 2013, 09:51:21 PM
I have a question regarding the bolded statement -- The guy "running the company" isn't the guy who was convicted of mail fraud.

Actually he was running the company.  As soon as it became known who he was and what he'd done they quickly arranged to transfer the CEO title to somebody else.  Go ahead, look it up.

could we get the facts here please? 
assman are you BFL?  if you are congratulations on making so much money on everybody.

if not could we be a bit more considerate and stop spreading misleading information?  please.  its just like why man?  unless you are BFL why muddy up the facts? 

I think ahss man is just really set on getting his jalapeno

I hope he does get his jalapeno for all our sakes. 
because I just invested a bunch of money into bitcoin and I would like to see it grow not disappear. 

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/re-butterfly-labs-ceo-25-million-usd-mail-fraud-a-concise-summary-of-evidence-110805
Activity: 24
March 31, 2013, 09:40:35 PM
Every one say no mining for itself, now avalon say maybe they will. Like buying a new car but dealer first use it for taxi service to make extra money. wtf
March 31, 2013, 09:36:23 PM
Can someone please direct me to where I might be able to find the data that would reveal how much in total BF has taken in for the pre-orders?

Thanks in advance.

You try to come off as being so smart, do your own research.

way to be an ass aahzman.  your personality reminds me of the comic book dealer from the simpsons.  you have some good lines.  I loved the golf clap you gave me.  it made my day. 
March 31, 2013, 09:31:46 PM
I am wondering if with bitcoin prices where they are at if they will just hold these ASIC machines for themselves and generate a huge amount of bitcoins at the expense of  the person pre-ordering. 
March 31, 2013, 09:28:43 PM
Good Morning Everyone,

Quick Question -----IF Butterflylabs turns out to be a huge scam, will the publication of such in the main-stream media adversely effect the price of Bitcoins?

My rational is that if there is such an outcome (Butterflylabs is a scam), it will tarnish the entire Bitcoin movement, but I would like to hear your thoughts as well.

well the pirate fiasco was only $6 million and it took a blow to the bitcoin economy https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/did-pirate-hurt-the-bitcoin-economy-108390 http://bitcoinmagazine.com/the-pirate-saga-and-so-it-ends/

and BFL is at over $100 million

so.... IF it ends up being a scam, I would imagine it would dent the economy pretty bad, but I think the economy will eventually recover.  but as the other guy says maybe its not a scam.  he's invested into it so of course he's going to believe all is well.

I'm pretty new to mining and ordered a BFL Jalapeno. Should I get a refund?

but from where I'm standing all signs point to scam

Maybe you should stand somewhere else.

- The guy "running the company" isn't the guy who was convicted of mail fraud. *BUZZ* try again.
- They never promised ASIC product for August 2012. They predicted they'd be able to ship by October 2012. *BUZZ* try again.
- Ok, this one is accurate. Josh does come off like a humongous douchecanoe. *DING*
- UH, no, press releases are not "always 'great' and exactly what you want to hear". Most press releases are apologizing for yet another delay, production/testing problem, etc, and begging for customer patience and forgiveness. In fact, the vast majority of press releases are pretty much the OPPOSITE of "exactly what you want to hear", since I'm sure the overwhelming majority of pre-order customers want to hear "Hey, we're shipping your unit(s) now!" *BUZZ*

SO, let's see, 3 out of 4 assertions incorrect.  *golfclap*

But yes, please do continue to encourage people to cancel their pre-orders and get refunds. Every cancelled pre-order earlier than mine means I move up the line and get mine sooner.

haha thanks for the golf clap, I love your response to my speculations.  its exactly what I was looking for, because on every other thread this is what is being posted, (and i wanted verifiable sources on claims) so I was fishing for truth here, and you delivered.  well without sources, but I'll google for em

so the facts are the CEO isn't a mail fraudster.  cool.  I hope everything goes well then.  for your sake.

and what I meant is that the press releases seem really professionally apologetic and full of B.S. with a never ending stream of false promises.  haha "douchcanoe!!!!"  Cheesy

alright well thanks guys for bringing me up to speed I spent hours investigating this matter to judge where to put my assets.  at least its even more elusive, but the truth is coming out.  I'm gonna go verify what you said ahzman
Jump to: