Author

Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM - page 164. (Read 415652 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
March 23, 2013, 09:36:53 PM
I'll admit it's a bit puzzling how/why they still take orders for something that clearly does not yet exist.  Seems like even if they are legit and do launch a product they will be so far behind in manufacturing that it will be impossible.

I could be wrong; but; seems like a great way to end up in legal/financial trouble for the rest of your working life.

not only they are taking new preorders, but they are also investing quite a good money to attract newbies to their scammy preorders...

....and....where is a working prototype?

red flags everywhere
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 23, 2013, 09:20:39 PM
The atmosphere is not palatable.. Its crook like and the stigma will remain like a bad stench and follow BFL even if they delivered TODAY!

Avalon may have just stepped off a cliff to a lot of people but what you cant see is the analytics or the demand that fueled the decision! Its not difficult to ponder the fact that if your not significantly backed and dont have the capitol, connect or maybe you cant put up the assembly line so to speak then you better grab as much $$$ as you can before some serious players like AMD or some other giant comes and flicks you like bug.

China connect or not Avalon seems to be building to order and the demand vs the man power they have might be the reason for the sharp spike in cost! @ $1400 they were making a profit and loved it!! Then they realized that since BFL was not stepping up or cant step up the demand vs the output ratio was just not gonna work at $1400..

They would need to invest in infrastructure and hire a crap load of people and deal with the shortcomings that come along with mass fabrication ... they would turn into BFL!!! Not to say that BFL is real or that they even have a product (im sure they got somethin). Im just saying..avalon  may have raised the price not because they were greedy but because they cant keep up with the demand!!!
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
March 23, 2013, 07:56:29 PM
The question that I am really struggling with is, should I setup a GPU mining rig today or preorder another ASIC.  I am fairly sure that there is still profits to be made in GPU mining, but I don't know if it would be worth my time.

I also wonder why only two companies are building these things. The race is hardly over and there is long-term money to be made for the manufacturers. Healthy competition keeps companies honest.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
March 23, 2013, 07:16:09 PM
I suppose no one - including BFL - has any idea how long people who buy pre-orders now will have to wait to get their hardware...
Activity: 17
March 23, 2013, 06:38:23 PM
From what i can tell they have loads of chips coming.
and they can always get more boards and components quickly.
Im very angry it is taking this long but at least they are establishing a proper assembly line.
Activity: 14
March 23, 2013, 06:25:34 PM
I'll admit it's a bit puzzling how/why they still take orders for something that clearly does not yet exist.  Seems like even if they are legit and do launch a product they will be so far behind in manufacturing that it will be impossible.

I could be wrong; but; seems like a great way to end up in legal/financial trouble for the rest of your working life.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
March 22, 2013, 04:37:24 PM
BFL promised that shipping begin in two week. Scum or not - we will be know soon. Pre-order now is truly a gamble, but if You didn't place it and first few delivery to be confirmed, queue greatly inflate and new orders will be executed in the next year. Also prices may revise, guess in what direction... Avalon is real product now and what we see? Batch #2 closed and batch #3 opens soon but price climb to ridiculous height, five times relative to pre-order.

BFL has "scheduled shipments" two weeks from __/__/20__ many times and never shipped anything. The exchange rate has gone from mid single digits to $74 since their pre-order window opened in June of 2012. What makes THIS the lie straw that breaks the camels back? They will not be shipping in two weeks...guaranteed. I'll be surprised if they're shipping in early May.

Avalon can charge whatever they want because their only competition is grotesquely incompetent and dishonest.  
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
March 22, 2013, 04:34:58 PM
BFL promised that shipping begin in october 2012.
Activity: 561
Merit: 500
March 22, 2013, 04:34:29 PM
BFL promised that shipping begin in two week.

Two weeks from when? July?
Activity: 44
March 22, 2013, 03:26:18 PM
BFL promised that shipping begin in two week. Scum or not - we will be know soon. Pre-order now is truly a gamble, but if You didn't place it and first few delivery to be confirmed, queue greatly inflate and new orders will be executed in the next year. Also prices may revise, guess in what direction... Avalon is real product now and what we see? Batch #2 closed and batch #3 opens soon but price climb to ridiculous height, five times relative to pre-order.
Activity: 24
March 17, 2013, 09:36:48 AM
they got some ddos protection from cloudflare now

"Checking your browser before accessing www.butterflylabs.com.

This process is automatic. Your browser will redirect to your requested content shortly.

Please allow up to 5 seconds...
DDoS protection by CloudFlare "

and site loads fine Wink

The other night I was getting an offline message and the cloudflare back-up. It's nice to know why.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
March 17, 2013, 09:22:54 AM
Also interesting is, that in 2012 they said, that they will ship it in January. It is March and they have still pre-order
Activity: 126
March 17, 2013, 08:40:51 AM
they got some ddos protection from cloudflare now

"Checking your browser before accessing www.butterflylabs.com.

This process is automatic. Your browser will redirect to your requested content shortly.

Please allow up to 5 seconds...
DDoS protection by CloudFlare "

and site loads fine Wink
Activity: 233
Andrius | Junior Business developer at Unboxed ICO
March 17, 2013, 03:57:41 AM
The site loads fine for me

hm, wierd. i cant load the site.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
March 16, 2013, 10:09:40 PM
I'm almost beginning to think that BFL was a scheme by a small cadre of GPU miners to keep new miners from entering the game. I know I would have bought another card if the prospect of ASICS wasn't "any day now". Truly BFL has not just screwed over those who have actually given them money.
SZD
Activity: 33
March 16, 2013, 09:25:33 PM
I was pretty excited about getting a BFL mining rig but it looks like I can't even take that gamble now since the queue is so big!
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010
Ad maiora!
March 16, 2013, 09:21:11 PM
I'm taking pre-orders on my own home-made ASICs (which also double as a finger-box) they run at all manner of THs and will guarantee huge returns of bitcoins for a paltry investment of only 17k per unit.

place orders in brown paper bag and hide behind the 2nd toilet in the men's room of the Chevron station at highway 7 and 16th. delivery sometime next leap-year.
Activity: 12
March 16, 2013, 08:56:05 PM
they are definitely questionable.
Activity: 182
March 16, 2013, 07:46:02 PM
They finaly managed to start testing the chips.
Let's wait 3 more mouths for delivery Roll Eyes
Activity: 8
March 16, 2013, 05:03:25 PM
The site loads fine for me
Jump to: