Pages:
Author

Topic: Buttman's Analcoin | SHA256 | 150K POW | 125% Annual POS | Launched - page 6. (Read 19164 times)

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer
Here are the Raspberry Pi wallets based on the updated source - both the Qt and the headless daemon.

Important:
1) The wallet was built on a Raspberry Pi2 (ARM7). It might work on an older Pi but I have not tested it
2) Installation directory for binaries is ~/opt/analcoin
3) All that is needed is to execute the command below on your Pi in a terminal window
4) An Internet connection is required for the installation
5) A bootstrap.dat is used to fast track the blockchain sync - up to block 50350
6) You need at least an 8GB memory card

Let me know about any issues that you may encounter.

Command to execute to kickstart the installation:
Code:
wget https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/analcoin/downloads/analcoin_installation_pi.sh && chmod +x analcoin_installation_pi.sh && ./analcoin_installation_pi.sh

Link to installation script https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/analcoin/downloads/analcoin_installation_pi.sh
Link to Analcoin-Qt https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/analcoin/downloads/Analcoin-qt
Link to Analcoind https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/analcoin/downloads/Analcoind
Link to bootstrap.dat up to block 50350 https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/analcoin/downloads/analcoin_bootstrap_block_50350.gz
Link to checksums https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/analcoin/downloads/checksums-21-Apr-2015.txt

Awesome work! I am glad you were able to work it through Smiley  Why 8gb?
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
Here are the Raspberry Pi wallets based on the updated source - both the Qt and the headless daemon.

Important:
1) The wallet was built on a Raspberry Pi2 (ARM7) running Raspbian. It might work on an older Pi but I have not tested it
2) Installation directory for binaries is ~/opt/analcoin
3) All that is needed is to execute the command below on your Pi in a terminal window and aftwards you click on the Analcoin icon on the desktop
4) An Internet connection is required for the installation
5) A bootstrap.dat is used to fast track the blockchain sync
6) You need at least an 8GB memory card
7) The installation itself takes about 30-45min and the loading of the blockchain (once-off) another 30-45min
8.)You cannot just download the binaries, you have to run the script to get the dependencies as well else it will not run

Let me know about any issues that you may encounter.

Command to execute to kickstart the installation:
Code:
wget https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/analcoin/downloads/analcoin_installation_pi.sh && chmod +x analcoin_installation_pi.sh && ./analcoin_installation_pi.sh

Link to installation script
Link to Analcoin-Qt
Link to Analcoind
Link to bootstrap.dat
Link to checksums
legendary
Blockchain Developer
hmmm not sure if this means anything or not but just synced two clean clients and both hung up on block 50000. A restart fixed this

also, one more node :: 45.55.134.166

From my experience, this seems somewhat common with coins that end PoW. 50k is where it ended (too lazy to double check the code at the moment).

Oh and happy birthday buttoshi.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Crackpot Idealist
I can compile new wallet from github right now and it will be work after fork ?

yes, its all ready to go
xrn
Activity: 332
Merit: 250
I can compile new wallet from github right now and it will be work after fork ?
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Hello all.

Well first of all sorry for not being about today, I have some good news;

1 - It is my birthday today
2 - I am 40 today! OMG!
3 - I started a new job!
4 - Analcoin hard fork happens!

So that's why I wanted the hard fork to happen today, rather than yesterday or the day before Cheesy

Hope everyone is ok with that. It will either be a good omen or a bad omen time will tell.

So yes today is Butoshi Anamoto's birthday For Real!!!!!!

Perhaps Buttoshi Anamoto is actually the Queen, her birthday is today also! Spooky - I have never seen them in the same room at the same time either!

Looking forward to see what happens at 11.30pm tonight, fingers cross for a successful transfer across to the new fork.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Hello my friend!

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!! - Enjoy this Analicious day Smiley
Nice to hear that you get the job, thats a good start in your 40. years!
Will be curious what Anal update we will get on your 50. birthday Wink

Is it right, the only thing what i must do is download the new wallet from Homepage und wait until 23:30?

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
It is genuinely my birthday today and I am 40 Cheesy

Thanks for PressTab for doing the Analcoin Hard Fork today, thanks to Billotronic for the Mac wallets, CryptoID and Yobit, and everyone that's contributed so far, its been a great team effort so far!!

Thanks for the positive birthday wishes!! Good luck tonight all!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDIs6orW4AACy7o.jpg:large
legendary
Crackpot Idealist
hmmm not sure if this means anything or not but just synced two clean clients and both hung up on block 5000. A restart fixed this

Had the same thing stuck on 50,000 restarted the wallet now its in sync

lol yeah, 50k... thats what I meant to say

Hello all.

2 - I am 40 today! OMG!
3 - I started a new job!

So that's why I wanted the hard fork to happen today, rather than yesterday or the day before Cheesy

Hope everyone is ok with that. It will either be a good omen or a bad omen time will tell.

Perhaps Buttoshi Anamoto is actually the Queen, her birthday is today also! Spooky - I have never seen them in the same room at the same time either!

Looking forward to see what happens at 11.30pm tonight, fingers cross for a successful transfer across to the new fork.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Nothing better then getting good anal for your birthday!
legendary
Hello all.

2 - I am 40 today! OMG!
3 - I started a new job!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful day and prosperous year ahead.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Hello all.

2 - I am 40 today! OMG!
3 - I started a new job!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
legendary
Activity: 1080
BTC - 14ZVqS5UGqhY77d5u9aUSW24ipRJ2g9wmm
hmmm not sure if this means anything or not but just synced two clean clients and both hung up on block 5000. A restart fixed this

Had the same thing stuck on 50,000 restarted the wallet now its in sync
legendary
Activity: 1080
BTC - 14ZVqS5UGqhY77d5u9aUSW24ipRJ2g9wmm
I didn't realize that these builds required dll's. I have rebuilt the client and it should be static now. Updated binary can be found here https://github.com/presstab/analcoin/releases/tag/v1.1

Can anyone confirm that these work without having to use the old DLL's?

i have downloaded a new DLL en put it in the file where the wallets located works fine here
legendary
Crackpot Idealist
hmmm not sure if this means anything or not but just synced two clean clients and both hung up on block 50000. A restart fixed this

legendary
Crackpot Idealist
I didn't realize that these builds required dll's. I have rebuilt the client and it should be static now. Updated binary can be found here https://github.com/presstab/analcoin/releases/tag/v1.1

Yes sir, they are working just fine now
legendary
Blockchain Developer

It might be good for people to take lets say 1/3 of their coins and send them in 10-20 coin chunks around to a second address which can start maturing for tomorrow. The chain will be ticking over manually until later today. This should actually have been done yesterday.

What do you think presstab?

Yes that is probably a good idea.
legendary
Blockchain Developer

legendary
Since I have been around the block a few times, I will let you guys know what I expect for this fork:

I expect there to be a general shortage of stakable blocks after the first tidal wave of stakes hit after the fork. The difficulty will probably raise because of all the blocks have a lot of weight. At a 60 second block time there are 1440 stakes per day, and it takes one day for them to be eligible to stake. This might not happen, but there is a good chance it does. It wouldnt be a bad idea to stake a few blocks, and then reserve the rest of your blocks for later in case the network runs low on stakable blocks. Locking your wallet is enough to stop staking.

Other than that, things should hopefully be smooth. Its possible that a few chains are created after the fork but I don't expect this to be a problem. I will come out with an updated wallet client in a day or two with the fork checkpointed.

It might be good for people to take lets say 1/3 of their coins and send them in 10-20 coin chunks around to a second address which can start maturing for tomorrow. The chain will be ticking over manually until later today. This should actually have been done yesterday.

What do you think presstab?
legendary
Blockchain Developer
Since I have been around the block a few times, I will let you guys know what I expect for this fork:

I expect there to be a general shortage of stakable blocks after the first tidal wave of stakes hit after the fork. The difficulty will probably raise because of all the blocks have a lot of weight. At a 60 second block time there are 1440 stakes per day, and it takes one day for them to be eligible to stake. This might not happen, but there is a good chance it does. It wouldnt be a bad idea to stake a few blocks, and then reserve the rest of your blocks for later in case the network runs low on stakable blocks. Locking your wallet is enough to stop staking.

Other than that, things should hopefully be smooth. Its possible that a few chains are created after the fork but I don't expect this to be a problem. I will come out with an updated wallet client in a day or two with the fork checkpointed.
legendary
Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042
@notsofast
Got it-- I was 24 hours off.
legendary
Staking percentage doesn't look like 125%.

{
"Blocks" : 50350,
"Current Block Size" : 1000,
"Current Block Tx" : 0,
"Difficulty" : {
"Proof of Work" : 214758.34261646,
"Proof of Stake" : 0.00024414,
"Search Interval" : 1
},
"Block Value" : 300000000,
"Net MH/s" : 0.00000000,
"Net Stake Weight" : 81.19907187,
"Errors" : "",
"Pooled Tx" : 0,
"Stake Weight" : {
"Minimum" : 140314,
"Maximum" : 0,
"Combined" : 140314
},
"Stake Interest" : 3000000,
"Testnet" : false
}

ROFL

Step 1: Read thread.
Step 2: Run that again after 23:30 GMT tonight.

If your answer is the same then as now then we can become concerned.

Code:
if(nTime > FORK_TIME)
nSubsidy = nCoinAge * COIN_YEAR_REWARD_2 / 365;

Code:
static const int64_t COIN_YEAR_REWARD_2 = 125 * CENT; // fork to 125% annual interest
static const unsigned int FORK_TIME = 1429659000; // forking on Tue, 21 Apr 2015 23:30:00 GMT

Pages:
Jump to: