Pages:
Author

Topic: Buy and Sell Mt Gox USD - page 11. (Read 79910 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
June 04, 2011, 07:10:37 AM
Would like to buy bitcoins for ca $666 from Paypal as soon as possible. Please message me.
June 04, 2011, 02:32:30 AM
Would like to exchange $150 USD for BTC today, as soon as possible.  Problem is I loaded up a credit card with cash for a purchase prior to knowing that traditionally a bank account must be attached to Dwolla, etc. for a standard exchange.  Would appreciate some help to figure out what to do or send a payment for exchange.

Please PM with details or interest in assisting in this stat.  Will be back on in ~6-8 hrs to check in and make the trade.

-GA
Activity: 18
June 03, 2011, 08:55:35 PM
Is it possible to get a transaction to mt.gox from Full tilt poker?
I would like to buy 200 mtUSD for 210 ftpUSD.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
June 03, 2011, 06:18:11 PM
looking to buy $70 mt gox please pm me.  was talking with gusti, but he's non responsive now, and i would like to buy today.

will use western union
June 03, 2011, 03:11:03 PM

1. You go with the cash to your WU agent nearby.
2. You send me transfer to my name and country, it will arrive instantly.
3. You send me tracking number (MTCN) by email.
4. I check by phone with my WU agent (1 hour or less)
5. I send MtGox USD from my account to your account (instantly)

pm sent
legendary
Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000
June 03, 2011, 02:40:23 PM
I would like to buy bitcoins or mt gox usd in whatever the most acceptable secure method is.  I understand paypal is not acceptable.  I started a Dwolla account, got it verified, and now i have to wait for funds to clear, then i have to transfer and wait, this is taking too long.  I want to buy now now now.  Please PM me.  

I'm accepting western union, just as secure and fast as bitcoins.
pls pm me if interested.

Do i have to wait for anything to clear?  how's it work, never used WU, before.

1. You go with the cash to your WU agent nearby.
2. You send me transfer to my name and country, it will arrive instantly.
3. You send me tracking number (MTCN) by email.
4. I check by phone with my WU agent (1 hour or less)
5. I send MtGox USD from my account to your account (instantly)
June 03, 2011, 02:38:19 PM
Hi there,

I just found out about BitCoins today and have spent the entire day reading and researching about it.

I want to buy $100 worth of BitCoins through Paypal or through Credit Card payment. I know this is only about 6 or 7 coins but I just want to do it now, today. I just want to get started.

Thanks!
Gibran
June 03, 2011, 02:25:33 PM
I would like to buy bitcoins or mt gox usd in whatever the most acceptable secure method is.  I understand paypal is not acceptable.  I started a Dwolla account, got it verified, and now i have to wait for funds to clear, then i have to transfer and wait, this is taking too long.  I want to buy now now now.  Please PM me.  

pls pm me if interested.

Do i have to wait for anything to clear?  how's it work, never used WU, before.
legendary
Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000
June 03, 2011, 02:19:12 PM

pls pm me if interested.
June 03, 2011, 02:13:21 PM
Activity: 174
Merit: 101
June 03, 2011, 02:11:45 PM
I'd love to. But then another entity besides PayPal has my banking info (Dwolla). Additionally, why are there two (Dwolla + Mt Gox) middlemen?

The scam works in both directions equally, we must both admit. Whoever pays first is at risk. PayPal'ers can undo their transactions and screw over Bitcoin'ers, and vice versa.

When just signing up for the service itself quadruples the number of possible points of intrusion into my financial ecosystem, why?

And my single CPU is competing against server farms, how is this not just a psychology test to see how greed can overcome self-integrity?

I can prove to myself that Bitcoin will increase in value, but purchasing them requires me to surrender whatever good financial practices I already have in place. Gamble-me Gamble-you.

My point is that there sure are a lot of hurdles to overcome, and that anyone choosing to believe dark promises, or promote uncertain gains, must be familiar with the landscape.

Beware ye all who enter here- type stuff.

FWIW: And you can donate bitcoin to me @: 1FKDFycJ3BLsAq31BrZJh4FbAcokRmkZSS

Banks aren't Bitcoin-friendly and I don't expect that to change anytime soon. MtGox and other exchangers would LOVE to hook right up to your Bank Account, accept Paypal, etc, but that's an impossibility right now. If the costs (financial & personal) associated with transferring money into Bitcoin are too great for you personally, then I guess it's just not for you. I'm just explaining the dynamics in play right now.
Activity: 5
June 03, 2011, 02:04:25 PM
I'd love to. But then another entity besides PayPal has my banking info (Dwolla). Additionally, why are there two (Dwolla + Mt Gox) middlemen?

The scam works in both directions equally, we must both admit. Whoever pays first is at risk. PayPal'ers can undo their transactions and screw over Bitcoin'ers, and vice versa.

When just signing up for the service itself quadruples the number of possible points of intrusion into my financial ecosystem, why?

And my single CPU is competing against server farms, how is this not just a psychology test to see how greed can overcome self-integrity?

I can prove to myself that Bitcoin will increase in value, but purchasing them requires me to surrender whatever good financial practices I already have in place. Gamble-me Gamble-you.

My point is that there sure are a lot of hurdles to overcome, and that anyone choosing to believe dark promises, or promote uncertain gains, must be familiar with the landscape.

Beware ye all who enter here- type stuff.

FWIW: And you can donate bitcoin to me @: 1FKDFycJ3BLsAq31BrZJh4FbAcokRmkZSS
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
June 03, 2011, 01:50:46 PM
the main thing is to offer using an escrow service or you can try bitcoinmarket.com if you want to use paypal.
Activity: 174
Merit: 101
June 03, 2011, 01:43:30 PM
*** Attention PayPal Users ***

If you wish to buy Bitcoins, you will find it is very difficult to do.

1. The documentation is poor.
2. The documentation is poor.
3. The documentation appears to misdirect users at every step.

Bitcoin, to new users, is a dark web of Bitcoin, Mt Gox, Dwolla, BitMarket.eu, et al, ad infinitum

It's impossible to purchase these 'mathematical tokens,' because none of the websites involved actually work, except the download of the client and the forums, and the mining signups/forums/downloads.

I've spent hours trying to buy a Bitcoin using USD, and I am willing to pay a huge premium, but instead this entire supply train only asks for my credentials. Nothing but private questions.

There is no product, it looks like a fifth column to every sovereign, and you can't even lie well on your twitter accounts.

Where's the rub?

I am completely confused, have lost no money, and am wondering WTF in spades.

Nobody wants Paypal because there has been a huge influx of scammers that reverse payment after receiving Bitcoins. Therefore, the best way to buy Bitcoins, if you are in the US, is...

open a Dwolla account
Verify your Bank account in Dwolla (takes a day or two)
Transfer funds from Bank Account to Dwolla (takes a couple days)
Open MtGox account
Transfer Dwolla funds to MtGox account (takes a couple days)
Place an order on the exchange

Edit: This is pretty much how hard it is to do any FOREX anyways (in some ways it is easier), so this isn't really unique to Bitcoin. Also, this is one of the problems Bitcoin hopes to solve.
Activity: 2
June 03, 2011, 01:42:07 PM

Bitcoin, to new users, is a dark web of Bitcoin, Mt Gox, Dwolla, BitMarket.eu, et al, ad infinitum

It's impossible to purchase these 'mathematical tokens,' because none of the websites involved actually work, except the download of the client and the forums, and the mining signups/forums/downloads.

I've spent hours trying to buy a Bitcoin using USD, and I am willing to pay a huge premium, but instead this entire supply train only asks for my credentials. Nothing but private questions.

There is no product, it looks like a fifth column to every sovereign, and you can't even lie well on your twitter accounts.

Where's the rub?

agreed
June 03, 2011, 01:17:36 PM

Where's the rub?

Activity: 38
June 03, 2011, 12:53:28 PM
I'd like to buy bitcoins for ~100$. Have a verified paypal-account since years, but I'm also open to other payment methods.
June 03, 2011, 12:18:15 PM
I'd like to purchase USD$100 worth of bitcoins. Please message me to paypal you in exchange for the bicotins
June 03, 2011, 11:10:31 AM
I have a verified PayPal account, and I want to buy Mt Gox $.

Please PM me here if you can sell me Mt Gox $.

I want to spend $25 USD.
Activity: 4
June 03, 2011, 10:59:26 AM
I'd like to purchase USD$1000 in bitcoins. Please message me privately with your preferred method of payment. Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: