Pages:
Author

Topic: Buy, Sell, or Trade Collectors Silver, Gold, and Bullion - page 4. (Read 9344 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
Who wants gold and silver given their downward sloping graphs?

Gold and Silver, even when down are still wildly popular investments. They are one of the only fairly well guarenteed investments. While Precious metals may not have the dramatic shifts up and down like Bitcoin has, If you buy gold or silver, it is almost guarenteed that your investment will at the very least keep up with inflation. So when the US Dollar is junk, Bitcoins are dead (A very real possibility) and you are holding Silver and Gold, you wont be totally screwed like if you were holding solely USD or Bitcoin.

Fiat, the US Dollar in particular has been on a downtrend for the last 80 years. Bitcoin has had a rediculous growth in the last 5 years, but it really hasn't been a thing long enough for people to know in what direction its going. And Gold and Silver have been a fairly stable form of currency or investment for over 3,000 years. Why not diversify?

Well aside from the precious metal content, some of these are very sought after by collectors.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
Silver has been going up actually. Only a few cents a gram thoug, but still.....
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
Who wants gold and silver given their downward sloping graphs?

Gold and Silver, even when down are still wildly popular investments. They are one of the only fairly well guarenteed investments. While Precious metals may not have the dramatic shifts up and down like Bitcoin has, If you buy gold or silver, it is almost guarenteed that your investment will at the very least keep up with inflation. So when the US Dollar is junk, Bitcoins are dead (A very real possibility) and you are holding Silver and Gold, you wont be totally screwed like if you were holding solely USD or Bitcoin.

Fiat, the US Dollar in particular has been on a downtrend for the last 80 years. Bitcoin has had a rediculous growth in the last 5 years, but it really hasn't been a thing long enough for people to know in what direction its going. And Gold and Silver have been a fairly stable form of currency or investment for over 3,000 years. Why not diversify?
Activity: 154
Merit: 101
legendary
Added a few more items, out of stock items to be restocked (based on availability) shortly. Picked up a special treat for the die hard coin collectors the other day, and will have that listed in the next few days.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
Made a purchase and received tracking info already. I will update on arrival.
legendary
Updated quantities, will restock popular coins shortly. Remember, if there is anything in particular you are looking for, let me know, and I'll make some calls, and send you a quote.
legendary
Gresham's Lawyer
You might hang on to these...  I am expecting some news that is going to make their value soar.

Very neat, thanks, I'd be interested to hear whats going on if it isn't a hush hush type of thing.

Someone got a steal, winning the auction at 0.2298 BTC.

Its been more than two and a half years since the trial, with no sentence.  The prosecution was defective, they didn't prove, much less allege, all the elements of any crime, but they rested their case and still got a guilty verdict from the jury.  Juries are unpredictable that way.
Justice dictates that there be no sentence and the verdict be overturned, the question is how.  Something is amiss, either the jury (likely), the ineffective government supplied defense counsel for not requesting the right jury... or something.
No court want's to be appealed and overturned, so it is likely to happen at the lower court.  When it does, it will resolve many questions regarding these pieces of historic consequence.

But yes that is a steal, if only I didn't have house guests and could have attended.  Wow.. that price. Smiley
legendary
You might hang on to these...  I am expecting some news that is going to make their value soar.

Very neat, thanks, I'd be interested to hear whats going on if it isn't a hush hush type of thing.

Someone got a steal, winning the auction at 0.2298 BTC.
legendary
Gresham's Lawyer
Just a few hours left on the Norfed Auction. At the current bid, I'm losing about $8.50 if no one decides to bid higher. Good for you, bad for me  Undecided 

https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/70920-2000-norfed-liberty-dollar-in-airtite

legendary
Just a few hours left on the Norfed Auction. At the current bid, I'm losing about $8.50 if no one decides to bid higher. Good for you, bad for me  Undecided 

legendary
i will bid if you add international shipping as you said for single items.

I just shipped a few coins to the UK, so I'm waiting to see how that goes. I don't imagine it would be an issue, but first, I can't insure international packages, and second, if I ship more than $400 worth of coins, I have to fill out additional customs forms which means you have to pay import taxes. At under $400, you may or may not have to pay import taxes. I do everything I can to try and get you out of those taxes, without lying.

I declare packages as gifts of Collector's Coins at approximate value. I'm not going to commit mail fraud by declaring an unreasonable lesser value ($55 item declared as $50 or something is fine), or improper description, however Collectors Coins are far less likely to be taxed than, Silver Coins. So I'm hoping that with that my current buyer wont have an issue. I also package them in the most difficult to open way, so hopefully it disuades any unreasonably gungho customs workers

If you want, I can ship a few coins internationally as I said I would, just be aware. That first, when I send any package internationally, they require an email address and phone number. I don't require a real email address or phone number, but what that probably means, is that if your package gets held up in customs and they want you to come pick it up, thats how they will contact you. Second, I can't insure the packages, and Third, all I can guarentee is that they will go out on my end, even the USPS wont take responsibility for things after they have gone internationally (hence why they wont insure).

Also on a side note, keep in mind, that Germany and Australia are the most difficult countries to import silver into (Germany not so much from the EU) but from abroad. They are incredibly strict on their precious metal importation laws, so its difficult to get anything besides old collectors coins in. Luckily, I do label the packages as collectors coins, however please take precaution in ordering from me if you are in Australia or Germany. Like I said, I'll do my best, but I can't really change your country of origin's importation rules.
legendary
Activity: 2214
Merit: 1057
Updated quantities

Don't forget to check for auctions, some of these coins will probably go for a steal before people are actively checking.

i will bid if you add international shipping as you said for single items.
legendary
Updated quantities

Don't forget to check for auctions, some of these coins will probably go for a steal before people are actively checking.

legendary
you would probably get more interest offering international shipping, nice coins btw especially like the lunars.

Shipping companies are very iffy when it comes to International shipping and precious metals. I don't always do insurance on small purchases, unless the buy requests it, however on large ones, I'm very adamant on Insuring the package which I factor into the shipping cost. I found out through experience the difficulties of USPS/Fedex/UPS , with a buyer who intended on purchasing everything internationally. The first issue, is what company would insure a $6,000 package. Most do, but I then found stipulations saying shipping internationally for more than $650 is quite steep. We then decided to ship in multiple packages valued at around $1000 each, and was told I couldn't insure a package containing more than 50% of a precious metal, and so on and so on.

So as I said in my OP, "Shipping to the U.S only, with small sales possible out of the country" If someone wants a coin or two, I can ship it out of the U.S, but its not likely I'll be able to insure it.
legendary
Activity: 2214
Merit: 1057
you would probably get more interest offering international shipping, nice coins btw especially like the lunars.
legendary
Would people be interested in seeing some of these go up for auction on Bitmit? Debating whether or not I should get into the Bitmit scene.

Yes!  Please put up the Brit and an LD or two so I can "buy it now!"

Added a Norfed Liberty Dollar to Bitmit, https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/70920-2000-norfed-liberty-dollar-in-airtite

I will add more by request, or if people seem generally interested in Bitmit listings as well.
legendary

Heh, the buy it now prices would be the ones listed in the thread, but on Bitmit you might have a chance to score some silver for a few bitcents off.

I appreciate the enthusiasm/feedback though.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
HashFast Community Liaison
Would people be interested in seeing some of these go up for auction on Bitmit? Debating whether or not I should get into the Bitmit scene.

legendary
Pages:
Jump to: