Pages:
Author

Topic: Buying of merits thread. If you have proof post it here and let them be tagged - page 2. (Read 688 times)

legendary
Activity: 3584
Merit: 4420
I've just tagged the three of them, but I doubt very much that we will be able to catch many cases.

I guess this is a consequence of your weekly merit requirement for the campaign.

This is something I understand you did with good intentions to ensure a quality campaign. But if I, who earn merits at almost double the rate the activity, quit a campaign of yours because I wasn't sure I could meet the requirement every week, things like this don't surprise me.

Do you think that in general the rule has been positive?
Positive for the forum? Yes and no I suppose. Yes, because I feel like it made some users care a little more about their quality, but no because I think it opened the door for people to figure ways around it.

Looking at the merit histories, it's very curious to me that some users earned exactly 1 merit each week. Does that instantly make them a cheater, no but it makes me want to pay attention to them more and see if my hunch is correct. I decided in the end that keeping the rule as is was going to do more harm than good though. My end goal was to try to improve quality, not to install fear and deception into users.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1759
If you look at history: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.45759941, @Mamun74 bad, he has multiple accounts, it's hard to say he bought (Merit), although he admits he did.

Like you said.
He actually confessed.

There are several options in cases like this.
1. The user creates a destination Alt (beginner) account to redeem (Merit).
2. Or maybe he bought (Merit) from the account you mentioned above or based on information from the user who gave it via telegram to you.
It could be done, but why did he buy only one (1) Merit, how much would that 1 Merit cost if he bought it.... curious.

But my guess is that the user transfers merit between Alt, considering that there is no valid evidence submitted by other users in your telegram, the reason I match these users is based on the Alt they have a lot, besides that the other two accounts were beginners, he could have made him do that.

That's based on my argument, maybe if there is other evidence leads like the title of this thread, good enough and professional.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
I've just tagged the three of them, but I doubt very much that we will be able to catch many cases.

I guess this is a consequence of your weekly merit requirement for the campaign.

This is something I understand you did with good intentions to ensure a quality campaign. But if I, who earn merits at almost double the rate the activity, quit a campaign of yours because I wasn't sure I could meet the requirement every week, things like this don't surprise me.

Do you think that in general the rule has been positive?
legendary
Activity: 3584
Merit: 4420
Today I received a message from a user on telegram about a user in the winz.io campaign who was buying merits. I spoke with the user and told them, "Without proof there is nothing I can do".

After speaking with this user, I also decided to message the person he was referring to as well as look into his merit history. While looking into his merit history I seen 2 suspicious profiles

DEGATON44 who hadn't posted since April 2021.

mafoja1 who hadn't posted since April 2022.

MAMUN74 the cheater

Both profiles looked fishy and made me wonder why they would give merits if they don't even use the forum? So, I told the guy being accused that I kind of believed the guy messaging me and buying merits is cheating. He actually confessed.

I'll be tagging all 3 accounts as cheating and merit selling should not be tolerated. If any of you have proof of this type of activity, feel free to post here and help stop these cheaters.

Pages:
Jump to: