Pages:
Author

Topic: Bytecoin [BTE] (Genesis block launch April,1 2013) - page 9. (Read 12038 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
I would love to do something similar, but listen to the people that have been in this longer and don't waste your time. This is all about trust and you will have to clime a giant hill to get anywhere with your new currency at this point in time.

I totally get it, as I am also late to the game. I have been breaking my brain for weeks how I can get in the game, but the best you can do is setup a legitimate business around BTCs and invest in a good rep. There is no free lunch around this, but that's why it is starting to be worth something.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
I'm new to the forums, but to be fair even if it is just an April's Fools hopefully it will at least be a good one!  The only issue is I feel some of the doubt people have might be true out of all the cryptocurrencies that have started up have gone down the drain, it seem litecoin and bitcoin are the only survivior, what makes you think Bytecoin will go any differently? Sure it will gain popularity and gain value, but then it is likely to fail, now on the other hand if it doesn't fail all the people who doubted it will be like 'durp' should have jumped on that.

That's what I'm thinking.  I wasn't around for any of the other crypto-currency launches, so I may as well get in early with at least one.  Never know Tongue
Activity: 3
I'm new to the forums, but to be fair even if it is just an April's Fools hopefully it will at least be a good one!  The only issue is I feel some of the doubt people have might be true out of all the cryptocurrencies that have started up have gone down the drain, it seem litecoin and bitcoin are the only survivior, what makes you think Bytecoin will go any differently? Sure it will gain popularity and gain value, but then it is likely to fail, now on the other hand if it doesn't fail all the people who doubted it will be like 'durp' should have jumped on that.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
Meh, I'm in.  Even if it is a joke Grin
Activity: 22
Update:

Bytecoin is the new cryptocurrency designed for those who arrived late to bitcoin mining.

CPU mining is back!!

------------------------------------------------------

Hello all,

What I want to do is simple. Launch a Clone bitcoin with a new Genesis Block on April, 1 2013. How can we proceed?

Maria 2.0

Sounds like April fool's joke. If not, at least do something different from BitCoin in your crypto currency implementation.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
How can we proceed?

Don't forget to publish a link to the software. And exact UTC time.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
Look, an early april fool
Activity: 14
Seems a bit pointless.

If you were to relaunch bitcoin, shouldn't you also do some improvements as well?

Maybe change the total number of coins, the speed of confirmations, the scaling ability etc

I see that Bytecoin solves the scalability issue. Instead of one blockchain we'll get two. Some transactions will be in Bitcoin, some in Bytecoin. Later Tetrabytecoin will pop up and so on.

Very good observation.

Maria 2.0
legendary
Seems a bit pointless.

If you were to relaunch bitcoin, shouldn't you also do some improvements as well?

Maybe change the total number of coins, the speed of confirmations, the scaling ability etc

I see that Bytecoin solves the scalability issue. Instead of one blockchain we'll get two. Some transactions will be in Bitcoin, some in Bytecoin. Later Tetrabytecoin will pop up and so on.
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
I lol'd. This thread is full of fail.
It'll jut be another fail crypto currency.
It maybe be an exact clone to bitcoin, which is what you argue will make it worth something, but it'll be worth nothing.
Btcoin has progressed, its popular, it started out uniquely.
Bytecoin will never be worth much at all.
Seems a bit pointless.

So like Litecoin?  Personally I'm not even sure that LTC add any "real" value on top of Bitcoins, and thus are a useful and in the future successful currency ... let alone of course a simple fork of Bitcoin.

The only real difference between bytecoin and bitcoin is that after some time, bytecoin will gain more value than bitcoin because a byte is 8 times bigger than a bit.

Maria 2.0
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Guys, this Maria 2.0 yokel is yanking yer chains.  The date of launch alone tells me "ha ha - next topic".
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1161
Seems a bit pointless.

So like Litecoin?  Personally I'm not even sure that LTC add any "real" value on top of Bitcoins, and thus are a useful and in the future successful currency ... let alone of course a simple fork of Bitcoin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
You are a geek if you are too early to the party!
Seems a bit pointless.

Then it might be worth joining your club.

As it is, its just a fanclub! Smiley
legendary
This post is intended to group the right selection of people that are willing to create and support bytecoin.

Can you help us launch?

Count me in.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015
Start a new block chain then. You can have it up and running in 10 minutes. Easy. You will need minimum 2 nodes to mine.

If you want to do it to learn about the network, c++ etc as a bit of fun then go for it. That's great.

But if you genuinely believe it will be worth anything. Then you need to have a serious chat with yourself.
Have fun being all alone on your new blockchain.

Thank You!!

Satoshi was having fun all alone until I came around and started crunching numbers with him. Somebody like you should of warned us back then. Thanks again!

Maria 2.0

Where could I get sources and compiled program? And I'd like to know exact time of the launch, there are a lot of timezones.

PS: 1st April? Good date for the launch, we always can make appearance that was just a joke. Smiley

This post is intended to group the right selection of people that are willing to create and support bytecoin.

Can you help us launch?
legendary

Thank You!!

Satoshi was having fun all alone until I came around and started crunching numbers with him. Somebody like you should of warned us back then. Thanks again!

Maria 2.0

Where could I get sources and compiled program? And I'd like to know exact time of the launch, there are a lot of timezones.

PS: 1st April? Good date for the launch, we always can make appearance that was just a joke. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015
Satoshi was having fun all alone until I came around and started crunching numbers with him.

Yet when challenged for proof of this claim, falls flat on his face.

LOL  Cheesy

You ain't no early mining adopter. Never heard such a load of flannel in all my life.

Thank You!!

Maria 2.0
Pages:
Jump to: