Pages:
Author

Topic: Bytom Mining - ASIC algorithm now cracked by GPU miners? Big profits? - page 18. (Read 17547 times)

Activity: 129
Merit: 11
I just swapped out a pentium G620 2 core on a 4 x 1060 rig i was getting a jumpy av 335h/s both cores around 95%

ive put in a i5 quad core 2400s and i get a much more stable 380h/s all 4 cores at 71%

i tried two threads but hash rate went down to 135h/s on each thread and cpu was 100% on all cores.

The -I intensity doesn't seem to be the best thing in the world, defiantly far too cpu bound for a gpu miner.  but its v1 prob so its expected.

I suggest you to try three instance of ./miner,look my reply above
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
On top of the erratic hashrates, the reported hashrate on UUpool is much lower than what the miner is reporting.

My one miner is saying from 1100 h/s to 1800 h/s and on UUpool after 1.5 hours, it is reporting 466 H/s 15 min average.
Activity: 41
Merit: 1
I just swapped out a pentium G620 2 core on a 4 x 1060 rig i was getting a jumpy av 335h/s both cores around 95%

ive put in a i5 quad core 2400s and i get a much more stable 380h/s all 4 cores at 71%

i tried two threads but hash rate went down to 135h/s on each thread and cpu was 100% on all cores.

The -I intensity doesn't seem to be the best thing in the world, defiantly far too cpu bound for a gpu miner.  but its v1 prob so its expected.

Activity: 529
Merit: 29
You are correct. Damn it. Yup, only paid $60 for this CPU. Now im forced to get a quad core to test it.

Try 3 instances with -I 4. I think that may reduce CPU load.
You are correct. Damn it. Yup, only paid $60 for this CPU. Now im forced to get a quad core to test it.
I am able to run 3 instances of this miner on my HIVEos rig but it seems like the hash rate is just split between 3 sessions. Before it was 600 h/s in one and now each session is getting 200..

My GPU usage is also hovering the same amount as before with only 1 session???

Could my bottle be my CPU? Its a G3900

Most likely, yes. Check your CPU usage using htop, if all cores are maxed out then that all you can do.

Edit: Serves us miners right for skimping out on CPUs, lol.
I tested this a lot.

First, you need a VPN connection to Hongkong based server using OpenVPN. Otherwise most of the time you will get a memory error on startup, as reported by many above.

Second, the miner is not optimized as reported by others. And it needs a strong CPU. With 7700k and 6x1080ti the max I could manage is 1400h/s. At this rate it’s not worthwhile over other options.

Third, probably the best OS to try this is with HiveOS, it has GUI interface accessible via VNC, making it much more easier to use than Putty on Windows.

Fourth, it does not swap space. A default HiveOS setup on 64GB stick should work.

Hope this helps anyone wanting to stick it to the Bitmain ASICs;)

im having trouble with even trying to get it runing, can you please point me in the right dirrection?

On HiveOS, this is what i did so far
- miner stop (stop the default miner)
- /hive/btm miner (that is the name of the folder of the miner)
- ./run.sh (and i get the below message)
"Driver = 390 , CARD COUNT=7 , WK=1x3"

- type in miner on another terminal and this is what it shows
2018/05/19 21:31:44 fserver : true
2018/05/19 21:31:51 unknown error%!(EXTRS srting=xxx)

i have not change anything in the folder not even the address or mining pool yet. i assume the miner will just mind to the default address settings.
once its mining i will change the address.

I believe you need to have VPN connection to a server based in Hong Kong. Install openvpn and try that.
I am able to run 3 instances of this miner on my HIVEos rig but it seems like the hash rate is just split between 3 sessions. Before it was 600 h/s in one and now each session is getting 200..

My GPU usage is also hovering the same amount as before with only 1 session???

Could my bottle be my CPU? Its a G3900
Activity: 195
Merit: 15
anyone can connect F2pool with GPUminier?  Huh Huh Huh
Activity: 129
Merit: 11
So, guys, I 'm updating with my experience in these days:

My rig is composed by:
3x gtx 1060 3 gb
1x gtx 1070 8 gb

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 390.48                 Driver Version: 390.48                    |
|-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
| GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |
|===============================+======================+======================|
|   0  GeForce GTX 106...  On   | 00000000:01:00.0  On |                  N/A |
| 50%   58C    P2    60W / 140W |    370MiB /  3019MiB |     80%      Default |
+-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
|   1  GeForce GTX 1070    On   | 00000000:02:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 41%   62C    P2    67W / 140W |    445MiB /  8119MiB |     83%      Default |
|   2  GeForce GTX 106...  On   | 00000000:04:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 62%   54C    P2    51W / 140W |    355MiB /  3019MiB |     80%      Default |
|   3  GeForce GTX 106...  On   | 00000000:05:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 62%   52C    P2    53W / 140W |    355MiB /  3019MiB |     85%      Default |

Initially, i was getting around 400-500 h/s total (1 miner instance), after that, I decided to run 3 instances and now I'm getting from 800 to 950 h/s with a total consumption of 220 w.
I had also to create a swap file due to miner taking lot ram.

On the pool i'm getting an average hashrate of 766 h/s
Activity: 6
Do someone had try to oc your gpus? tomorrow I will try it, is this a memory intensive or clock intensive algo?

Activity: 13
I tested this a lot.

First, you need a VPN connection to Hongkong based server using OpenVPN. Otherwise most of the time you will get a memory error on startup, as reported by many above.

Second, the miner is not optimized as reported by others. And it needs a strong CPU. With 7700k and 6x1080ti the max I could manage is 1400h/s. At this rate it’s not worthwhile over other options.

Third, probably the best OS to try this is with HiveOS, it has GUI interface accessible via VNC, making it much more easier to use than Putty on Windows.

Fourth, it does not swap space. A default HiveOS setup on 64GB stick should work.

im having trouble with even trying to get it runing, can you please point me in the right dirrection?

On HiveOS, this is what i did so far
- miner stop (stop the default miner)
- /hive/btm miner (that is the name of the folder of the miner)
- ./run.sh (and i get the below message)
"Driver = 390 , CARD COUNT=7 , WK=1x3"

- type in miner on another terminal and this is what it shows
2018/05/19 21:31:44 fserver : true
2018/05/19 21:31:51 unknown error%!(EXTRS srting=xxx)

i have not change anything in the folder not even the address or mining pool yet. i assume the miner will just mind to the default address settings.
once its mining i will change the address.
Makes me laugh how people put "Crack" and also "fork from an asic" lol.

The instructions on how to create the miner are detailed in the white paper, its like a builder building a house from an architectures plans..

Also you can't fork from an asic because you'd have to physically change the asic chip to do the new algorithm  Grin, whereas to change algo on a GPU is a relatively quick software mod.

anyway rant over, happy mining  Smiley

Activity: 518
Merit: 250
Too bad this is only for linux. Im not very good with linux and as of right now i dont have time due to full time work. Also i recently sold all my nvidia cards when prices were high and bought alot of RX 580s, so unless they crack it for AMD and windows ill be missing out here. Sad
I have seen some people running 2 sessions of this on the same machine essentially doubling the hash rate.
does anyone know how to do that?

you need to fuck with the script a bit, ive pm'd you some instructions Smiley

good luck!

(as buddy said above tho, its not very optimized, not really profitable right now Sad )

Can you PM them me too please?

Its pretty straight forward:

Open a new terminal/putty and issue the following commands (assuming miner is in the dir below):

Code:
cd /home/user/btm/btm-miner
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:cuda9
./miner -user .wk1

For each new instance, open a new terminal and use the above commands.

2-3 instances should get you the max possible hashrate.

I have seen some people running 2 sessions of this on the same machine essentially doubling the hash rate.

good luck!

(as buddy said above tho, its not very optimized, not really profitable right now Sad )

Can you PM them me too please?
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

good luck!

Activity: 57
Merit: 5
I tested this a lot.

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Any updates on this?

Update
You don't have to register on uupool to get paid out.
They pay out a minimum of 1 btm
The miner is poorly optimised im guessing 4x 1060 could match the speed of the antminer if it was optimised as well as say x17 on ccminer.
I don't have time to code the miner but there are people probably already mining on better versions. And we just get the previous versions for now.

Yeah I’ve gotten reports of 4x 1050 ti equaling the antminer b3
Pages:
Jump to: