Pages:
Author

Topic: Cairnsmore1 - Quad XC6SLX150 Board - page 11. (Read 286370 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 251
January 20, 2013, 08:16:03 AM
Cairnsmore1 schematics are now available on http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/cairnsmore/CAIRNSMORE1_ISSUE_1_1.pdf for those of you that want to do other things with your board.

Yohan
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
January 14, 2013, 08:55:18 PM
Welcome to the ignore list.
January 14, 2013, 07:24:02 PM
happy new year everyone!
Merit: 251
December 14, 2012, 04:55:44 PM
The team at Enterpoint are having a break for Christmas and New Year and we will have a very minimal email support over the holiday period from 21st Dec to 7th Jan. After a year where the team have worked extremely hard they are having and deserve a big break from work. On behalf of all the team I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and particularly to thank all of you that purchased the many thousands of Cairnsmore1 we produced this year making the project a huge success.

We did some projections and believe that Cairnsmore1, as a Bitcoin mining board, will remain profitable for some time to come even though return has already halved and ASICs will further reduce profit if they actually appear. As with all these things we could be wrong and once we fire up Goliath we hope to put a little time into examining the viability of Litecoin mining on Cairnsmore1 as a possible alternative. That won't automatically mean that bitstream will be generated but that will be a consideration. It may be too expensive a task for us to justify doing it now so I don't want to promise it happening.

Yohan
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
December 03, 2012, 08:45:05 AM
What Jtag cable do you guys recommend using on the CM1?

BTW,

given a jtag cable tricone mining bitstream should work on CM1, did anyone with a jtag cable make any test?

spiccioli

Last I heard was from chrisp saying only 1 outta 4 cores will work as there is no dcm watchdog in tml. I tried to get ET to implement one but he claims the interface is proprietary, even though im pretty sure its not.
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
December 01, 2012, 10:30:13 AM

BTW,

given a jtag cable tricone mining bitstream should work on CM1, did anyone with a jtag cable make any test?

spiccioli
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
December 01, 2012, 09:29:38 AM
Activity: 397
November 29, 2012, 01:33:36 PM
the Icarus bitstreams from makomk have a watchdog for the dcm clock or how is it called. So if this hangs (Enterpoint CM1 Bug) the watchdog resets the clocks immediately (no idle fpga).

With the Hashvoodoo bitstream, this take care only on clock correction wich is happening every X shares/X seconds. So if you have "bad" boards, it can cost some Mhs as the reset is not immediately when a fpga(dcm clock) freezes.

I hope i have explained it in some correct way  Wink   (i'm not a pro in this!) Tongue

Activity: 648
November 29, 2012, 01:23:04 PM
What do you mean by watchdog?
November 29, 2012, 12:06:39 PM
Hello fellow CM1 Users,

as we know the software support from Enterpoint for Bitstreams is stopped, i will have posted the last Bitstreams for Bitcoin mining with the CM1.

Hopefully this is interessting for the "Last standing CM1 Users" out there  Cheesy

I have uploaded the latest available bitstreams for it here.
You will find the latest Icarus modified Bitstreams from Makomk with up to 220Mhz, the latest Hashvoodoo bitstreams from Glasswalker up to 220Mhz and also the unlocked Hashvoodoo from Makomk up to 240Mhz.

With the Icarus bitstreams you can use all miner software out there and for the Hashvoodoo you can only mine with MPBM. (this is my last info, if it's wrong please correct me!)

I use the unlocked Hashvoodoo and all boards running stable 30+ days.

I wish you all best earnings with you CM1's.

Greets
Ebereon
Im also running the unlocked hashvoodoo (since it released) sadly I have only one core capable of ~230Mh/s speeds.

I have ~10 FPGA's out of 200 that clock to 240Mhz without clocking down (<2% invalids). But this bitstream need a watchdog like the icarus one's from makomk.

@makomk: Do you think there is a way to get a watchdog in it?

Grin
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
November 29, 2012, 11:58:56 AM
Hello fellow CM1 Users,

as we know the software support from Enterpoint for Bitstreams is stopped, i will have posted the last Bitstreams for Bitcoin mining with the CM1.

Hopefully this is interessting for the "Last standing CM1 Users" out there  Cheesy

You will find the latest Icarus modified Bitstreams from Makomk with up to 220Mhz, the latest Hashvoodoo bitstreams from Glasswalker up to 220Mhz and also the unlocked Hashvoodoo from Makomk up to 240Mhz.

With the Icarus bitstreams you can use all miner software out there and for the Hashvoodoo you can only mine with MPBM. (this is my last info, if it's wrong please correct me!)

Greets
Ebereon
Im also running the unlocked hashvoodoo (since it released) sadly I have only one core capable of ~230Mh/s speeds.
November 29, 2012, 11:57:12 AM
Hello fellow CM1 Users,

Hopefully this is interessting for the "Last standing CM1 Users" out there  Cheesy

Greets
Ebereon
Activity: 806
COINMIXER.NET
November 11, 2012, 07:20:46 PM
If ppl are looking for FPGAs, I have 2 Cairnsmore for sale. They crunch 880MHs @ 80W. [WTS] add in the market place. I am moving over to LTC/gaming rigs were FPGA is not useful.

What are you looking to get for them?
Activity: 810
November 11, 2012, 07:11:03 PM
If ppl are looking for FPGAs, I have 2 Cairnsmore for sale. They crunch 880MHs @ 80W. [WTS] add in the market place. I am moving over to LTC/gaming rigs were FPGA is not useful.
Activity: 648
November 07, 2012, 11:20:13 AM
Bupming Spiccolli's question.. anything going on ?

gah, you guys have to stop bumping this thread to see if there's any new news and getting my hopes up!

(yes i'm aware I just did it to everyone else Tongue)
Activity: 910
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
November 05, 2012, 11:41:13 AM
Bupming Spiccolli's question.. anything going on ?
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
November 04, 2012, 09:15:03 AM
is there any chance of getting a monthly summary of updates? e,g,

Oct
Bitsreams
Mokamk  ver 5  (300MHs)

CGMiner
CKolivas ver 3000.1.00001  (yeah updates are my thing)

etc...etc...

P.S. it is all good and I appreciate your work...plus back it up with sheckles now and then

I'm returning to Canada on Thursday, and I'll do my best to dedicate some time to getting some significant bitstream progress made then.

Was this Thursday the 18th or 25th?

ten days later... any news? (even bad ones)

spiccioli
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
October 26, 2012, 06:16:46 AM
I am selling mine at 400$ usd, if anyone is interested plz contact me
negotiable?

If you take all the 12 units, i can make another small discount,
anyway from now talk to me by PM only,
Thanks.

Are you in the UK?
Activity: 476