Pages:
Author

Topic: Cairnsmore1 - Quad XC6SLX150 Board - page 8. (Read 286370 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 502
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
May 23, 2013, 12:17:53 PM
Greetings to all.
 just bought a pair of boards, working with BFGMiner fine, but a I have lot of HW errors. It is normal or something to be done?
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
May 22, 2013, 07:25:20 PM
Side note just in case anyone does have one they want to donate: BFGMiner already supports the dynamic clocking features (although I hear it could use some tweaking).
jml
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
May 22, 2013, 06:11:12 PM
Frankenstein lives! Grin

Works with bfgminer-3.0.2
jml
May 22, 2013, 05:46:00 PM
Ah, then I have a power issue!
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
May 22, 2013, 05:25:35 PM
the fans will constantly spin and the side led's go blue then yellow
when its mining the side leds go out then flash if your winning  :-)

from my limited 5 hours experience !

Activity: 462
Merit: 251
May 22, 2013, 05:24:50 PM
Hi, I got 2 x CM1's today and I don't seem to find which revision number it is or if I need to to do anything to it before running it on my pi (install bitstream, change DIP switches, etc).

I do have a ZTEX FPGA and its been working pretty well over 3 months now and the instructions were clear on their website. Honestly, the CM1's instructions are a bit all over the place!

Any guidance is welcome.

Very recent grade-a boards will have a Makomk 200 bitstream and a Controller V1.5. You should not have to touch dip switches as the last thing that is done is a mining test and it will have been set up correctly for that.

Thanks for the heads up. I am using an OCZ PSU 850W (brand new) and I have it attached to both of the CM1's PCIe ports. How do I know if the CM1's are receiving power (I don't think the red flashing LED is for power) apart from using a multimeter?

The fan turning is a good indicator that 12V is connected.
jml
May 22, 2013, 05:22:42 PM
Hi, I got 2 x CM1's today and I don't seem to find which revision number it is or if I need to to do anything to it before running it on my pi (install bitstream, change DIP switches, etc).

I do have a ZTEX FPGA and its been working pretty well over 3 months now and the instructions were clear on their website. Honestly, the CM1's instructions are a bit all over the place!

Any guidance is welcome.

Very recent grade-a boards will have a Makomk 200 bitstream and a Controller V1.5. You should not have to touch dip switches as the last thing that is done is a mining test and it will have been set up correctly for that.

Thanks for the heads up. I am using an OCZ PSU 850W (brand new) and I have it attached to both of the CM1's PCIe ports. How do I know if the CM1's are receiving power (I don't think the red flashing LED is for power) apart from using a multimeter?
jml
May 22, 2013, 03:41:15 PM
Cheers for that. I am using bfgminer and it seems to detect my ZTEX FPGA, but doesn't seem to pick up on the CM1's on bfgminer 2.9.10. I have recompiled it enabling icarus and ztex.

I might put the modprobe argument in my start up code later on when I get these things to work. I do get a red LED flashing on the board and thats about it.

Getting all the USB ports on the 2 CM1's I get the following.

Code:
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ ls /dev/ttyUSB*
/dev/ttyUSB0  /dev/ttyUSB2  /dev/ttyUSB4  /dev/ttyUSB6
/dev/ttyUSB1  /dev/ttyUSB3  /dev/ttyUSB5  /dev/ttyUSB7

Code:
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9512 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 009: ID 0403:8350 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd
Bus 001 Device 008: ID 0403:8350 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd

So I can see that the pi has detected them.
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
May 22, 2013, 03:24:41 PM

Any guidance is welcome.

May 22, 2013, 03:21:33 PM

Basically I just need someone to run cgminer a few times with usbmon and also an lsusb output.

pm sent
May 22, 2013, 03:16:10 PM
it is loaded with 200bitstream

on the pi you need to do a mod probe then kick off the miner as it doesnt seem to detect on its own
try doing

modprobe ftdi_sio vendor=0x0403 product=6014

plug in the miner

then from your miners directory run the miner this command should be modified to list your devices, i have included 5 miners

./cgminer --icarus-timing long -S /dev/ttyUSB2 -S /dev/ttyUSB3 -S /dev/ttyUSB6 -S /dev/ttyUSB7 -S /dev/ttyUSB10 -S /dev/ttyUSB11 -S /dev/ttyUSB14 -S /dev/ttyUSB15 -S /dev/ttyUSB18 -S /dev/ttyUSB19
jml
May 22, 2013, 03:10:19 PM

Any guidance is welcome.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
May 21, 2013, 04:01:49 PM
So ... anyone got one of these they want to give away ... or have time to run a test version of a cgminer?
It still doesn't support any clocking, but I'd prefer it to simply run it at the expected speed rather than have cgminer simply ignore them.

No I'm not gonna spend hours messing with the code for a device I don't have
Basically I just need someone to run cgminer a few times with usbmon and also an lsusb output.
Then I'll make some changes and try it again - or give up Smiley

The new driver already supports Lancelot (tested on Black Arrow's), Icarus and Asicminer USB (I have all 3)
Cairnsmore1 is all that's left to add (other than to do windows testing later) before I'm ready to release the first version of the replacement Icarus driver.

I'm expecting one from the new batch in the next day or two - I'd be happy to give it a go in Linux...
Thanks, PM me when you are up and running then I'll get back to you soon after with a test cgminer binary to run and tell you the usbmon command I need to see.
Basically just need to check the USB initialisation required (and change it if I don't have it correct)

I've got three of these running via raspbian on a raspberry pi. If it'll only interrupt my mining for a few minutes, I'll gladly run it all for you.....
Activity: 84
May 21, 2013, 03:59:09 PM
I just bought one. No idea how it run. Possible on mac? Easiest way is windows? What should I do first? reflash the board? where can I get best firmware? Any tutorials please. Thanks.

I've got 3 running off a raspberry pi, a usb hub, 500W PSU and running cgminer. Goes like a dream Smiley
Activity: 86
May 21, 2013, 10:25:55 AM
Its very easy in windows.
download the drivers http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/cairnsmore/cairnsmore1_support_materials.html

install drivers (for me it was 8 devices in device manager that need the drivers)
download and run bitminter
search for the fpgas
click go
mine only hashes at 2x380Mhps but idont want to flash it for fear of breaking it. 760Mhps is better than 0.

I do not need virtual machine? Just drivers? And I can run it? Thank you!
Activity: 19
May 21, 2013, 09:25:47 AM
Its very easy in windows.
download the drivers http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/cairnsmore/cairnsmore1_support_materials.html

install drivers (for me it was 8 devices in device manager that need the drivers)
download and run bitminter
search for the fpgas
click go
mine only hashes at 2x380Mhps but idont want to flash it for fear of breaking it. 760Mhps is better than 0.
Activity: 86
May 21, 2013, 08:27:25 AM
I just bought one. No idea how it run. Possible on mac? Easiest way is windows? What should I do first? reflash the board? where can I get best firmware? Any tutorials please. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
May 21, 2013, 08:09:36 AM
So ... anyone got one of these they want to give away ... or have time to run a test version of a cgminer?
It still doesn't support any clocking, but I'd prefer it to simply run it at the expected speed rather than have cgminer simply ignore them.

The new driver already supports Lancelot (tested on Black Arrow's), Icarus and Asicminer USB (I have all 3)
Cairnsmore1 is all that's left to add (other than to do windows testing later) before I'm ready to release the first version of the replacement Icarus driver.

I'm expecting one from the new batch in the next day or two - I'd be happy to give it a go in Linux...
Thanks, PM me when you are up and running then I'll get back to you soon after with a test cgminer binary to run and tell you the usbmon command I need to see.
Basically just need to check the USB initialisation required (and change it if I don't have it correct)
Activity: 89
May 21, 2013, 04:07:22 AM

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
May 21, 2013, 12:18:04 AM

Pages:
Jump to: