Pages:
Author

Topic: Cairnsmore1 - Quad XC6SLX150 Board - page 46. (Read 286370 times)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10
July 31, 2012, 12:13:26 AM
I tried the 190 OC and it seems to be working on 2 of my FPGAs.  2 COM ports are detected (22,23 for me).  The weird thing is see the LEDS light up on 4 of the FPGAs as work is found, but MPBM is only reporting work from 2 of the FPGAs.  Huh

Guess it's the same issue I have regardless of which bitstream I'm using.  I'm only getting work from 2/4 of the FPGAs.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

You will only get work on 2 comms per board. The only way to analyze whether it's working is to look at the accepted jobs, U/m and what your pool reports.

Great, thanks for the info.  Anyone happen to know how to add the U/M field in MPBM?

ebereon has a modified version of MPBM he would be the one to ask, I think quite a few post back he linked a version.

Thanks, I'll go back and search.
July 31, 2012, 12:13:01 AM
I tried the 190 OC flashed to the SPI and it seems to be working on 2 of my FPGAs.  2 COM ports are detected (22,23 for me).  The weird thing is see the LEDS light up on 4 of the FPGAs as work is found, but MPBM is only reporting work from 2 of the FPGAs.  Huh

The only thing that I had to do differently is leave SW6 #1 ON in order for it to hash.

Guess it's the same issue I have regardless of which bitstream I'm using.  I'm only getting work from 2/4 of the FPGAs.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

When the leds flash, do they flash on the pair of FPGAs at the same time?  If so, you have the DIP switches set wrong on P1 and P2.  sw2 on p1 and p2 need to be OFF to run the array in paired Icarus mode.

They are flashing independently.

Per EB:

I used the following:
SW2 all on
SW5 all on
SW3 #2 off
SW4 #2 off
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
July 31, 2012, 12:02:42 AM
I tried the 190 OC and it seems to be working on 2 of my FPGAs.  2 COM ports are detected (22,23 for me).  The weird thing is see the LEDS light up on 4 of the FPGAs as work is found, but MPBM is only reporting work from 2 of the FPGAs.  Huh

Guess it's the same issue I have regardless of which bitstream I'm using.  I'm only getting work from 2/4 of the FPGAs.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

You will only get work on 2 comms per board. The only way to analyze whether it's working is to look at the accepted jobs, U/m and what your pool reports.

Great, thanks for the info.  Anyone happen to know how to add the U/M field in MPBM?

ebereon has a modified version of MPBM he would be the one to ask, I think quite a few post back he linked a version.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
July 30, 2012, 11:49:57 PM
I tried the 190 OC flashed to the SPI and it seems to be working on 2 of my FPGAs.  2 COM ports are detected (22,23 for me).  The weird thing is see the LEDS light up on 4 of the FPGAs as work is found, but MPBM is only reporting work from 2 of the FPGAs.  Huh

The only thing that I had to do differently is leave SW6 #1 ON in order for it to hash.

Guess it's the same issue I have regardless of which bitstream I'm using.  I'm only getting work from 2/4 of the FPGAs.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

When the leds flash, do they flash on the pair of FPGAs at the same time?  If so, you have the DIP switches set wrong on P1 and P2.  sw2 on p1 and p2 need to be OFF to run the array in paired Icarus mode.
July 30, 2012, 11:41:41 PM

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
July 30, 2012, 11:29:58 PM

July 30, 2012, 11:23:43 PM

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000
July 30, 2012, 10:56:52 PM
Unrelatedly, untested overclock time! WARNING: the bitstreams in the following archive are overclocked bitstreams. This means that they run the FPGAs on your board outside of their specified limits. This may void your warranty, damage your hardware, and/or cause cats and dogs to sleep together. Use at your own risk.

http://www.makomk.com/~aidan/shortfin_icarus_cm1_20120730_oc.zip

Edit: though saying that, even the fastest of these shouldn't overclock your board any more than trying to run a standard Icarus bitstream on them would. I'm not sure whether that's reassuring or worrying.

My results:
190oc is working on 8 boards without problems!
2 boards need on the 0/1 pair the 180oc one.

Happy hashing everyone! =D

Thanks makomk and congratulations, you have qualify for the bounty!

eb

are you able to put out a couple page PDF on "how to"?
Activity: 648
Merit: 500
July 30, 2012, 10:28:09 PM
Unrelatedly, untested overclock time! WARNING: the bitstreams in the following archive are overclocked bitstreams. This means that they run the FPGAs on your board outside of their specified limits. This may void your warranty, damage your hardware, and/or cause cats and dogs to sleep together. Use at your own risk.

Edit: though saying that, even the fastest of these shouldn't overclock your board any more than trying to run a standard Icarus bitstream on them would. I'm not sure whether that's reassuring or worrying.

My results:

eb

what are your temps and power usage?
Activity: 397
July 30, 2012, 09:07:27 PM

My results:

eb
July 30, 2012, 07:25:35 PM
Is the error I'm experiencing caused by the fact that my board has SN 26?
Which Controller-bitstream is required? 1.2 or 1.3?

You would need 1.3 for makomk bitstreams.
Controller 1.3 also gives me the "ignoring unknown field" errror...

Working after re-downloading the bitstream package... :/
Is any other version of cgminer than cgminer_twintest.exe working?

I'm using 2.6.0 compiled from git in Linux, it looks like there is one made for windows here http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/cgminer-2.6.1-win32.zip, no clue if it works on the cm1 in windows, works great in Linux.
donator
Activity: 543
July 30, 2012, 06:39:20 PM

Controller 1.3 also gives me the "ignoring unknown field" errror...

Working after re-downloading the bitstream package... :/
Is any other version of cgminer than cgminer_twintest.exe working?
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
July 30, 2012, 04:13:27 PM
You have the wrong one, the one you want (trust me) is:
shortfin_icarus_cm1_test_160.bit
Yeah, there probably shouldn't be any reason to use the older non-shortfin variants anymore. The newer ones are 99.9% the same except with improved reliability.

makomk 160.bit on board #62-0008 gives a U: of 0.5 - 0.8 after an hour of hashing using cgminer 2.4.3 on linux.
Wait, does that mean your board serial number is 8? If so, don't bother - apparently my bitstreams don't work on boards 1-50.

Ah, OK, I was not aware of this fact.

Thanks.

spiccioli
Activity: 686
Merit: 564
July 30, 2012, 04:11:36 PM
OC'd to what? the numbers in the filename are todays date right....or are they? Tongue
Sorry, should've said. 170 MHz, 180 MHz and 190 Mhz. According to the Xilinx timing analyzer the maximum clock rate for this bitstream is 166 MHz.
Activity: 648
July 30, 2012, 03:59:58 PM
Yeah, there probably shouldn't be any reason to use the older non-shortfin variants anymore. The newer ones are 99.9% the same except with improved reliability.

makomk 160.bit on board #62-0008 gives a U: of 0.5 - 0.8 after an hour of hashing using cgminer 2.4.3 on linux.
Wait, does that mean your board serial number is 8? If so, don't bother - apparently my bitstreams don't work on boards 1-50.

OC'd to what? the numbers in the filename are todays date right....or are they? Tongue
July 30, 2012, 03:52:01 PM

donator
July 30, 2012, 03:48:00 PM
Activity: 686
Merit: 564
July 30, 2012, 02:48:49 PM

Edit: though saying that, even the fastest of these shouldn't overclock your board any more than trying to run a standard Icarus bitstream on them would. I'm not sure whether that's reassuring or worrying. Never mind, confused with something else.
July 30, 2012, 02:40:36 PM
How do I actually flash the shortfin_* bitstreams?
Using the VirtualBox and "xc3sprog -c cm1 -p 0 shortfin_*.bit" gives me

Ignoring unknown field '
'
Unknown error

Sad

I almost wonder if your file was corrupted somehow, you might try downloading, unzipping, and copying it one more time just to be sure something isn't wrong with the .bit file.
flash it like the twin_test.bit.
[...]

That's what I'm doing... ("-p 0" or "-p0" makes no difference)
But it's not working

I almost wonder if your file was corrupted somehow, you might try downloading, unzipping, and copying it one more time just to be sure something isn't wrong with the .bit file.
donator
July 30, 2012, 02:37:10 PM
How do I actually flash the shortfin_* bitstreams?
Using the VirtualBox and "xc3sprog -c cm1 -p 0 shortfin_*.bit" gives me

Ignoring unknown field '
'
Unknown error

Sad

flash it like the twin_test.bit.
[...]

That's what I'm doing... ("-p 0" or "-p0" makes no difference)
But it's not working
Pages:
Jump to: