Pages:
Author

Topic: Cairnsmore1 - Quad XC6SLX150 Board - page 64. (Read 286370 times)

legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
July 16, 2012, 02:07:40 AM

We have made the pricing change based on the availability of eldentyrell's bitstream being available, at close to the rate he has been promising, and we believe that is running in several Cairnsmore1 boards. We said this would happen no matter where a

I add myself to the list of people that did try the ET bitstream and did find that it does not work on my cm1 boards.

spiccioli
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
July 16, 2012, 12:44:36 AM
what a long read of irrelevant to the questions at hand.

I agree, once again Yohan has resorted to FUD rather than give an actual update.

Same approach with your bitstream?

I hope they dont try to lay the blame on Elden if the tricone stream doesnt solve the issues.
I would really like to see this hardware platform take off.  Looks really promising.

Its interesting that Enterpoint still havnt attempted to release a bitstream.
Perhaps the hardware issues are not correctable by software.

kind regards
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
July 16, 2012, 12:33:15 AM
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
July 15, 2012, 10:13:00 PM
My blue LED problem went away by completely powering down the affected boards and restarting.  Twin_test came back up and the boards ran normally.

Out of 40 boards, I have 39 hashing.  36 of these are at full twin_test speed.  The remaining 3 are running around half speed, and the one not operating is due to a corrupted windows driver.  I don't think that is bad at all for prototype boards one month into production.

I had 2 USB cables that gave intermittent issues.  Once I started swapping cables and scrapping any where the problem didn't reproduce with a second cable, life got a lot easier.

The other thing is making sure the DIP switches are set correct.  I don't know if it's my dyslexia or I'm just stupid, but I had a terrible time with the orientation of the USB settings images.  I ended up drawing my own settings list oriented from the power end of the board.  Yohan, it would help if you rotated the switch images 90 degrees counterclockwise before posting.

37 boards plus the controller PC are drawing 975W peak according to my kill-a-watt.

Activity: 397
Merit: 500
July 15, 2012, 06:39:50 PM
We have made the pricing change based on the availability of eldentyrell's bitstream being available, at close to the rate he has been promising, and we believe that is running in several Cairnsmore1 boards.
Huh? I have yet to see a CM with ET's bitstream running at "advertised" speed (or: submitting a single valid share). I got this far using his bitstream:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1030025

I don't know anyone who got further. If you know more, pleast let us know.

I was to slow... I want to ask the same Wink

If that is possible, please yohan give us the hint how. I would realy like something that is faster then the twin_test bitstream!

eb
donator
Activity: 543
July 15, 2012, 06:35:26 PM
We have made the pricing change based on the availability of eldentyrell's bitstream being available, at close to the rate he has been promising, and we believe that is running in several Cairnsmore1 boards.
Huh? I have yet to see a CM with ET's bitstream running at "advertised" speed (or: submitting a single valid share). I got this far using his bitstream:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1030025

I don't know anyone who got further. If you know more, pleast let us know.
July 15, 2012, 05:44:55 PM
I don't how you really know as you don't have a board.

I know from your customers as I been following the thread with interest.  

You cancelled as soon as *** came on the scene with an announcement so don't get bitter if you made the wrong decision.

Im not bitter at all, I made the right decision.
I bought 4 icarus instead of 2 cairnsmore so im pretty happy with my purchase, worked out cheaper and more reliable than your solution.

I cant understand why your getting so pissy at me for showing interest, I guess its a reflection of your frustration over inability to deliver.
Hopefully you can stop blaming everything else and work out some of the kinks, your hardware looks promising.

We all know thats not true, I also watch Elden's thread with interest.  Nothing is working on CM1 boards.

kind regards
Merit: 251
July 15, 2012, 05:31:13 PM
Did I miss something ??

Do the boards now do over 800MH/s stable? - NO
Do the boards have their own bitstream? - NO

So I dont think you missed anything.

Hopefully its a prelude to Yohan announcing a bitstream that works.
Or perhaps they have hardware in the lab that works and they are going to recall all the faulty boards.
Hopefully they did a respin of the hardware and will ship it with a working bitstream this time.

kind regards

I don't how you really know as you don't have a board. You cancelled as soon as *** came on the scene with an announcement so don't get bitter if you made the wrong decision.

Outside a very small number of boards listed on this forum there are hundreds working and pretty much stable in the field especially since Controller Rev 1.2. We are still working to tweek the Controller more as is and and will be a much more major change when we bring in our own bitstream design. More on that when we are ready.

There are a handful of boards that probably have a hardware fault and we are replacing them. We are still to have any of these back and to do properal analysis on them but that will happen in due course. There are also a few customers that have particular problems out of a number exceeding 100 rigs. We believe most of these issues are a combination of USB, OS, driver and CGminer issues all of which are basically third party items. There may also be a few more hardware failures as well amongst that lot. We are working our way through those issues as fast as we can but there are literally hundreds of possible combinations and it is hard and slow work to model problems in the lab so we can debug and fix issues. Our big rig that is starting to take shape will give us a good platform to find and fix the oddball issues.

We have made the pricing change based on the availability of eldentyrell's bitstream being available, at close to the rate he has been promising, and we believe that is running in several Cairnsmore1 boards. We said this would happen no matter where a bitstream came from. The pricing change isn't much of an effect on existing customers and everyone that has purchased gets the chance to buy same again at the offer price until the end of September. Over that the new pricing also takes account of previous orders for the benefit of discounting so we think we have been very fair to customers that have committed to us. We do need to raise prices to cover the costs of support work and it is important to the product development that we do that.

We are continuing to deliver boards on time and in some cases earlier than promised.

The only place we might be seen to be at fault in my view is finishing our bitstream and not getting the Icarus replication quite perfect. The bitstream is a couple of weeks behind schedule but does have great promise. All I can say is that we sold this product as a concept going into a development program and it is exactly that. I don't think we could have been clearer on that to potential customers and any that have been unhappy about the current project state have been allowed to cancel or delay pre-orders payments as they wished. We are making significant forward progess on this project every week and the product gets better every day as a result of that.

Outside of all this I think we already have the product with the best capability and design currently available in the Bitstream market. I don't think anyone has a thermal solution as good as ours. Running close to maximum power the heatsinks sit at 5-10 DegC above ambient with the F12 fan running. Protection for fan fail also came this week in Controller rev 1.3. You are free to dissagree on all of that and I would say go and make your own if you can do better. We will stand on what we have done against any competition and we will do that in a totally fair fashion. We are still only on the 12th week of product development and I don't think we are doing too badly given what has been achieved by the team at Enterpoint. There is more to come and that will be delivered as fast as we can achieve that.

July 15, 2012, 04:39:13 PM
Did I miss something ??

Do the boards now do over 800MH/s stable? - NO
Do the boards have their own bitstream? - NO

So I dont think you missed anything.

Hopefully its a prelude to Yohan announcing a bitstream that works.
Or perhaps they have hardware in the lab that works and they are going to recall all the faulty boards.
Hopefully they did a respin of the hardware and will ship it with a working bitstream this time.

kind regards
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
July 15, 2012, 04:31:31 PM
Did I miss something ??
My thought exactly...

I've yet to see 800Mh/s. Even 370 stable would be nice: I must reinit the boards quite often by powering them down to continue hashing. It's so bad I'm even considering buying an USB relay to automate the process.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
July 15, 2012, 03:36:24 PM
The second decision is that until the we reach 800 MH/s on Cairnsmore1 the offer price will be available for any new orders. The 800 MH/s performance can be by any available bitstream and that changeover is at our sole discretion. The pricing changeover will be announced in this thread. The post 800MH/s pricing structure will be announced at this point and not before.

Initial Offer Is Now Closed

Initial offer is now closed. The only exception is if you already conversing with our boardsales and anyone that is in that category has 3 days to place their order. Alll other offers including the Same Order Again (placed July-September) remain open.

Pricing for new orders:

Did I miss something ??

Activity: 481
Merit: 502
July 15, 2012, 01:34:32 PM
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\= Privat =\bitcoin\mpbm\modules\theseven\cairnsmore\cairnsmoreworker.py", line 175, in main
    self.handle = serial.Serial(self.port, self.baudrate, serial.EIGHTBITS, serial.PARITY_NONE, serial.STOPBITS_ONE, 1, False, False, 5, False, None)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\serial\serialwin32.py", line 30, in __init__
    SerialBase.__init__(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\serial\serialutil.py", line 260, in __init__
    self.open()
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\serial\serialwin32.py", line 56, in open
    raise SerialException("could not open port %s: %s" % (self.portstr, ctypes.WinError()))
SerialException: could not open port /dev/ttyUSB0: [Error 3] Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.

Thats what i get in a windows7 x64 with out a boards attached. Do oyu have the pyserial 2.5 package installed? That is the file that is asked after your error message.

I have uploaded the setup for pyserial-2.5.win32.exe. I think thats the one you need.

Thanks! I'll try that. I'm running on Debian but I'll let you know if this works once it's installed

EDIT: I already had the "python-serial" installed but after I installed the latest pyserial from the source at http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyserial everything started working!

Thanks again ebereon! PM me your donation address? Wink
July 15, 2012, 01:32:00 PM
Code:
  File "D:\= Privat =\bitcoin\mpbm\modules\theseven\cairnsmore\cairnsmoreworker.py", line 175, in main
    self.handle = serial.Serial(self.port, self.baudrate, serial.EIGHTBITS, serial.PARITY_NONE, serial.STOPBITS_ONE, 1, False, False, 5, False, None)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\serial\serialwin32.py", line 30, in __init__
    SerialBase.__init__(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\serial\serialutil.py", line 260, in __init__
    self.open()
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\serial\serialwin32.py", line 56, in open
    raise SerialException("could not open port %s: %s" % (self.portstr, ctypes.WinError()))
SerialException: could not open port /dev/ttyUSB0: [Error 3] Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.

Thats what i get in a windows7 x64 with out a boards attached. Do you have the pyserial 2.5 package installed? That is the file that is asked after your error message.

I have uploaded the setup for pyserial-2.5.win32.exe. I think thats the one you need.
July 15, 2012, 01:28:09 PM
something is wrong with my uploads to wuala. please wait a bit, i have renamed the newest one to mpbm_new.7z and also the worker to cairnsmore_new.py.

If the files show up, it should the new ones. sorry about that.

eb

No problem.

I've got the new files now, but i'm still getting the same error.

I really don't understand what's going wrong.

Perhaps I need to update something separate to MPBM.
July 15, 2012, 01:21:40 PM
something is wrong with my uploads to wuala. please wait a bit, i have renamed the newest one to mpbm_new.7z and also the worker to cairnsmore_new.py.

If the files show up, it should the new ones. sorry about that.

eb
July 15, 2012, 01:16:29 PM
Anyone experiencing this error whilst trying to run ebereon's changed MPBM?

Code:
  File "/root/mpbm/modules/theseven/cairnsmore/cairnsmoreworker.py", line 175, in main
TypeError: __init__() takes at most 11 arguments (12 given)

Please redownload it, I have made some changes today with help from TheSeven to get better performance and stability with p2pool and his donation group. the donation group should get 1% from overal Mh/s and its working now. Download it here.

Special thanks to TheSeven!

Please make sure you use the latest testing branch from mpbm!

eb

I've tried that and I'm still getting the same error. Same error with icarusworker as well.

I'm doing a

Code:
git clone -b testing https://github.com/TheSeven/Modular-Python-Bitcoin-Miner

Then adding the "cairnsmore" folder with your cairnsmoreworker.py and init.py files in it.

Then running
Code:
python run-mpbm.py

Then adding the worker and that's when it starts outputting that error Sad

Hmm, did i have changed more?...?

Don't know atm, just download my new uploaded mpbm.7z here. Thats my working mpbm, if you want you can search the change i missed.

Strange.
I'm running that now and still getting the error after adding my worker.
There must be more to the error than what it's saying.
Failing to communicate with my FPGAs for some reason maybe.

cgminer is working fine though so =(
July 15, 2012, 01:10:32 PM

Code:
  File "/root/mpbm/modules/theseven/cairnsmore/cairnsmoreworker.py", line 175, in main

Please redownload it, I have made some changes today with help from TheSeven to get better performance and stability with p2pool and his donation group. the donation group should get 1% from overal Mh/s and its working now. Download it here.

eb

I've tried that and I'm still getting the same error. Same error with icarusworker as well.

I'm doing a

Code:

Then adding the "cairnsmore" folder with your cairnsmoreworker.py and init.py files in it.

Then running
Code:
python run-mpbm.py

Hmm, did i have changed more?...?

Don't know atm, just download my new uploaded mpbm.7z here. Thats my working mpbm, if you want you can search the change i missed.
Merit: 251
July 15, 2012, 01:05:16 PM
Initial Offer Is Now Closed

Initial offer is now closed. The only exception is if you already conversing with our boardsales and anyone that is in that category has 3 days to place their order. Alll other offers including the Same Order Again (placed July-September) remain open.

Pricing for new orders:

July 15, 2012, 12:51:41 PM

Code:

eb

I'm doing a

Code:

Then running
Code:
python run-mpbm.py

July 15, 2012, 12:03:53 PM

Code:

eb
Pages:
Jump to: