Pages:
Author

Topic: Calculating air conditioning on GPU mining rigs, help needed. - page 3. (Read 15899 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
1200W power consumption = 1200W of heat added to the room in one way or another.
AC power ratings are a bit weird but pretty much what you've said. Its very hard to predict what temperature it will be able to hold but it would do what you're asking.

In bitcoin mining, you should avoid AC at all costs because it adds about 35% again to your power bill. The best solution is to exchange air to ambient, ie collecting and exhausting hot air to outside or open windows etc.

Totally agree about usage of AC but at the moment i can do it. What are you suggestions/setup/position of GPU rig to collect the hot air and remove it as fast as possible (like https://youtu.be/2rQ-YIDmsBc from Toom.IM) ?

That's designed for a much, much greater capacity but the idea is the same. Collect hot air with some form of ducting connected to an extractor fan. Look at dryer ducting for some ideas, order about a trillion meters of tape and see what you can come up with.
Activity: 440
Merit: 250
1200W power consumption = 1200W of heat added to the room in one way or another.
AC power ratings are a bit weird but pretty much what you've said. Its very hard to predict what temperature it will be able to hold but it would do what you're asking.

In bitcoin mining, you should avoid AC at all costs because it adds about 35% again to your power bill. The best solution is to exchange air to ambient, ie collecting and exhausting hot air to outside or open windows etc.

Totally agree about usage of AC but at the moment i can do it. What are you suggestions/setup/position of GPU rig to collect the hot air and remove it as fast as possible (like https://youtu.be/2rQ-YIDmsBc from Toom.IM) ?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

Activity: 440
Merit: 250
Hello folks,

I need some info/help on calculating how much BTU i need to cool down my GPU rigs.
Lets take the following example:
1 rig , pooling 1200W (6gpu) - take as constant. Is it right to say that after it's pooling 1200W it returns in air 1200W of heating ? I was struggling to understand this and following basic logic i think it's reasonable.
1 air conditioner, providing 10000 BTU/hr or 2.930710387 kW of cooling power. Does it mean that with this cooling power i can keep 2 rigs at desire temperature and the air conditioner would not run constantly which will make him die very soon. 2x1.2KW - 2.93kW = 0.53kW free.

Please help me to understand what cooling narrowed to BTU/hr i need for let's say 10 rigs x 1200W = 12kW
Pages:
Jump to: