Pages:
Author

Topic: Calling out the Bitcoin Foundation Scam. - page 8. (Read 22530 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 100
So Bitcoin foundation has not done anything practically useful for Bitcoin... All they did is secure their businesses positions (senate hearings, letters) and financially (insider trading (see my recent post about Gox death), raising capital)...

I don't think it has ANY right to be called Bitcoin Foundation because it's just little club of shady merchants (and their track records are pretty shitty and shady).
They do not support the software (programmer donations were done only twice for the whole time being, funnelling funds to actual needs of the software (security, usability, optimization) vs. securing their own businesses ('payment' protocol) haven't happened), the community (no lawyer support in case of gox (platinum member of foundation !sic) or other entities (bips for example)) vs. completely antisocial behaviour (insider trading, slamming bitcoin name into pr dirt).

This is very sad, because we have a $600 per coin BETA SOFTWARE.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
I must admit.
I have never heard of this Bitcoin Foundation before this post.

What is it that they do exactly?

Have a look. The OP isn't well respected, so take no notice.

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/forum/index.php?/topic/752-the-good-and-useful-things-the-foundation-has-done-for-us-members-compiled-by-dr-brian-goss/

Nice try, sidestepping the actual issues (such as you know, accounting fraud, tortious misrepresentation and quite possibly false pretenses, quite definitely embezzlement and a myriad other civil and criminal violations) by failful personal attacks (nobody heard of you, I'm easily on any list of respectable voices on this forum, buzz off) and a laundry list of...nonsense. Conferences don't count, and there's literally nothing else on that list.

Now go tell your puppet masters that a) you failed miserably and b) they'll need much much better damage control. Ideally, they'll need some lawyers. Preferably someone with an actual clue (which excludes Murck, he's the ninny that got them in their present muck).

Oh, and since two can play that game, "Dr." Brian Goss (a freshly failed medical student in Chicago interviewing for residency training in radiology): here's your old page, from back when you were pushing the mywallet scam...

For the noobs, mywallet was one of the first huge BTC thefts from a "hack"

Wow...
legendary

Pay devs (2 now)

How is that good? It's a famous Open Source project, do other big projects pay the dev team?*
*I know many of the .org projects run a .com business, but do they pay the devs?
Activity: 518
Merit: 521
For as long as the Bitcoin Foundation controls the core developers who control the most popular fork of Bitcoin, y'all just blowin' hot air out ye arse.  Wink
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I must admit.

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/forum/index.php?/topic/752-the-good-and-useful-things-the-foundation-has-done-for-us-members-compiled-by-dr-brian-goss/

Nice try, sidestepping the actual issues (such as you know, accounting fraud, tortious misrepresentation and quite possibly false pretenses, quite definitely embezzlement and a myriad other civil and criminal violations) by failful personal attacks (nobody heard of you, I'm easily on any list of respectable voices on this forum, buzz off) and a laundry list of...nonsense. Conferences don't count, and there's literally nothing else on that list.

Now go tell your puppet masters that a) you failed miserably and b) they'll need much much better damage control. Ideally, they'll need some lawyers. Preferably someone with an actual clue (which excludes Murck, he's the ninny that got them in their present muck).

Oh, and since two can play that game, "Dr." Brian Goss (a freshly failed medical student in Chicago interviewing for residency training in radiology): here's your old page, from back when you were pushing the mywallet scam.

Quite respectable indeed, imbecile.

Hahhaha, pwn!

Where are the Bitcoin Foundation's masters? Dont hide you scamming fck.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
I don’t think it’s either practical nor feasible nor even desirable to use Bitcoin in the day to day dabble of pizzas, phone credits, hairspray and sneakers. People try to, because of the misguided belief that Bitcoin value is somehow related to or deriving from its crossection in the retail market.

Looks to me more and more like you're trying to destroy Bitcoin.  If Bitcoin doesn't try to compete in internet retailer purchases, such as Amazon, Ebay, etc, then it can easily fade into obscurity and be replaced by another product that does it all.  Market cap and liquidity is everything.  Amazon alone does 75 billion in sales a year.  Bitcoin wasn't created so that you have to convert BTC to fiat anytime you want to do something, it was created to spend in it's on units on these sites.  Pruning or other methods have to be worked on to improve this unless you just want a small number of super nodes, which seems to be the current course even at 7 TPS.

Another reason I see you either trying to destroy Bitcoin, or having no idea what you're doing, is that you seem to be one of those people who promote Bitcoin as the only coin that should exist.  You must not know how finance works at all if you think that's going to happen.  There are many reasons why altcoins will exist:

1)  People want to be able to hedge to prevent catastrophic loss that can occur from a single block chain.  The finance industry demands it, and they will get it.

2)  A single developer (Gavin) being able to screw up a software update and causing a fork that destroys a 10+ billion dollar business is not an option.  See #1.  People will want to minimize their possible risks to 10-20% loss for attacks or things like this happening.

3)  Demand for anonymous transactions vs open transactions.

4)  Practical hardware/space limitations of a single chain that has already been discussed.

5)  The usage of PoS as a virtual bank.

6)  How easy it is for a government to co-opt, attack, or take over a single chain.  It's much harder to take over or destroy 10 at once.  My estimate is, there will be 5-10 large coins.

7)  Dozens more that I don't feel like typing.

Activity: 756
Merit: 522
I must admit.

Oh, and since two can play that game, "Dr." Brian Goss (a freshly failed medical student in Chicago interviewing for residency training in radiology): here's your old page, from back when you were pushing the mywallet scam.

Quite respectable indeed, imbecile.
donator
Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
I must admit.

donator
Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
The foundation's leadership is being overhauled. Vessenes and Matonis are out shortly. Pros are coming.

I thought they were just leaving Bitcoin Foundation in order to set up a UK-based international Bitcoin body.  If you consider them incompetent or undesirable representatives of Bitcoin at a national level, then them representing it at an international is hardly a positive thing.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
OP brings up very good points and quite frankly their track record is beginning to speak for itself.

The track record of MPOE-PR (good) and also the track record of the Bitcoin Foundation (bad).
The track records of TBC board members is also neutral or bad (mostly).
Activity: 89
Merit: 14
OP brings up very good points and quite frankly their track record is beginning to speak for itself.

The track record of MPOE-PR (good) and also the track record of the Bitcoin Foundation (bad).

I move that MPOE-PR be appointed supreme dictator of the Bitcoin Foundation.

Hopefully these will be the first orders of business: dissolve, disband, liquidate.

Seriously though, here is my 2 satoshis for what it's worth:
In my early exposure to Bitcoin I thought it was likely a scam due the existence of tBF. Only after digging into the heart of technical (protocol) details made me believe it was truly something new and worth pursuing. I think it all comes down to a naming choice, if the word Bitcoin wasn't in their name then no one would care.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
What a shame; I wouldn't trust another man to handle my money properly, unless I wanted him to keep it for himself--but then it wouldn't be my money anymore.  But since people go through most of their lives giving up money (except unlike TBF, at gunpoint) to strangers to pay for their roads, children's education and defense etc., I can see how such a mistake can go unnoticed to the individual who has yet to detect that his money is not being spent wisely (nor will it ever, if you average the times between other men handling your money properly vs. improperly).

The lesson to learn: if you honestly want your money to go to the best businesses and causes, you need to spend that money yourself.  We all learn it as children: be responsible.  You cannot have responsibility over that which beyond your control, nor is it beneficial to leave this trust unto others to be responsible in your absence, except when you actually do trust those people, and I've had some friends far longer than TBF has existed that I wouldn't trust with my money.  Honestly, it is a shame to see the good intentions of people misused, but such is the result for one who is not careful.
Activity: 364
Merit: 257
true story
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Knowledge is Power
My reaction to OP

Seriously though, this whole Bitcoin Foundation business is very interesting. For some reason, because I kept reading about them on reddit and because they have such a nice and important sounding name, I assumed they were doing something useful in the Bitcoin community. But when you think about ,what HAVE they contributed? I don't know if they're a scam, but all I know is they've been pocketing money and not really outputting anything I've heard of. This needs further investigation. OP is a little aggressive but raises an important issue.
Activity: 492
The foundation's leadership is being overhauled. Vessenes and Matonis are out shortly. Pros are coming.

I'm not fully in the loop. I know Vessenes is a parasite, but what's bad about Matonis?
legendary
I don't know anything about this foundation but it seems to me Bitcoin doesn't need any central committee or foundation cause once you get people with power then you have the potential for corruption. Bitcoin as a technology does away with people surely that the whole point.

They have some power, but a really bad rep.
Activity: 700

Zed's Dead.

Let us hope this is the end of the imagination foundation.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.
Why is this thread still here, and not in the "Scam Accusations" sub, to which it rightfully belongs?
Pages:
Jump to: